Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 8

His face showed a flicker of panic, but then quickly smoothed over.

"I told you Ali," he said smiling. "I just asked you your last name a minute ago, remember?" he asked, laughing now. I knew he was trying to make me feel embarrassed, but I persisted.

"That's not what I meant," I said, not cracking the slightest smile and looking at him intently. "How did you know my first name? I never told you."

"Oh," he said, giving a nonchalant chuckle. "After you ran off, I asked one of your friends there... Katy I think her name was, the one Bob likes..." He said, grinning. "You look similar to her, you know? Are you two related?" he asked, playing with my hair, not looking directly at my eyes. I shook my head and pulled his hand away, sitting back slightly.

"No," I said. He was starting to look pissed off in a slightly worrying way, but I ignored it, wanting some answers. "You said my name, once, before I ran off. Look, Gerard, I don't know what’s going on, but I just want some answers."

"Look, Ali," he retorted, now clearly mad. "There’s nothing-"

"Aww, the two little lovers having a fight?" someone piped in behind us. I recognized it as Frank, and I narrowed my eyes at him. He laughed at my glare, and blew at kiss at me. I stared at him with probably more disgust than necessary. "Sorry, we're just freezing our asses in here. The person the owner was sending has failed to show up, so I called them back. They said she should have been here by now." I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit what did you do?!" I exclaimed, standing up. Frank stared wide-eyed at my little panic attack.

"What? Me? I didn’t do anything!" he said, stamping his foot. Gerard, still on the ground, looked up at me.

"What’s a matter Ali?" he said, our fight now forgotten.

"Oh my god I can not go home, my mom will beat me for sure! I'm never gonna see the light of day again," I said, putting my head in my hands and giving a low whine. It sounded absurd and dramatic, but I knew the truth to it, and I felt the pressure of the impending punishment begin to close in on all sides--inescapable.

"Well you could always just not go home," Frank said, rolling his eyes.

"And what? Die outside?" I paused for a moment. "Though it’s probably not such a bad idea, I mean it would be better than staying inside..."

"Well," Gerard said, standing up and brushing the gravel off his pants. "You’re free to stay with us..." I looked at him momentarily with an 'Are-you-shitting-me?' look, similar to the one Katy had given me some hours ago, though it seemed by now more like months.

'Stay with him? Chyeah, okay,' I thought, the sarcasm biting even in my head. 'First, that would get me into so much more trouble than I was already in, and second... Just no.'

"Come on Ali, I know you may not want to really, but your could always tell your mom that you stayed over a friends house... And its better than going back, right?" Gerard said, purposely standing a foot or so away from me, giving me space. I quickly tried to think of another reason why I couldn't stay, but my mind was faltering. Even with the oddity of the night, they did seem like nice people--and it wasn't like no one knew who they were. Still, it probably wasn't the best idea...

"Well... I-" I started, being cut off as Gerard and Frank were suddenly on either side of me. "Woah! What the f-" I yelled, and quicker than anything Frank was holding my feet in the air, and Gerard was holding my other half up as they walked up the road towards the house.

"Put me down!" I yelled, trying to kick, punch or even bite them, causing them to laugh. They walked up the wooden porch, set me down, but blocked my exit. I huffed, folding my arms and blowing up the hair that was now hanging over my face. "Son of a bitch...” I muttered as they stood there, smiling shit-eating grins.

I began to calculate my odds of being able to outrun them. They didn’t look very athletic, but on the other hand, neither did I. Gerard laughed at what must have been my calculating expression.

"Don't even think about it," he warned, putting a hand on my arm as he tried to gently push me towards the door. I suddenly bent over and clutched my stomach.

"I don’t feel so well," I said, my face contorting in pain. Gerard looked alarmed, bending down to my face level.

"Ali?" he asked, clearly panicked as I shut my eyes, not saying anything.

"Losers," I then whispered after a beat, opening my eyes with a flash and pushing past them. I ran laughing towards the balcony of the porch, jumped up on a chair, and jumped over the railing off the porch. It was a few feet down, so as I fell for the brief moment I prepared for a hard landing on the ground, but landed instead into Gerard.

"Ooh no you don't," he said, laughing and picking me up bridal-style, carrying me up the stairs towards the door once again. Frank opened the door and Gerard set me down and pushed me forward. I stumbled inside like a drunken idiot. Gerard and Frank quickly slipped in and closed the door before I recovered.

"You?" A guy sitting on one of the wicker couches said. I looked up, to see Bob with a very surprised look on his face. I smoothed back my hair and stood up fully.

"Nice to see you too, Bob," I said, sitting on a wicker chair, similar to the couch that Bob was sitting on.

"Umm..." he said, looking up at Gerard and Frank questioningly.

"We kidnapped her," Gerard said as he and Frank stood next to each other, smiling widely still, looking like a couple of kids that had gotten away with the cookie jar. I stuck my tongue out at both of them, folding my arms in defiance. Bob stood up, and Frank quickly sat down in his spot.

"Gerard, a word?" he said, and Gerard and he left into the dining room. Obviously that was a bad move, since there were large windows in between the two rooms. As Gerard and Bob talked, Frank and I watched them, as they were somehow oblivious to us. Though we couldn’t hear them, I could obviously tell they were arguing.

'Well I guess somebody else besides myself thinks I shouldn’t be here...' I thought.

Gerard was now saying something to Bob, and Bob looked sideways, and suddenly saw Frank and I staring at the two of them, his eyes going wide. Gerard finally seemed to sense Bob wasn't listening to him, and looked in our direction, his eyes going as wide as Bob's still were. Frank and I simultaneously waved and smiled to them. With them both blushing and throwing dirty looks at Frank, they left into a separate room. Frank and I laughed and high-fived each other.

Once there we stopped laughing, there was a slight awkward pause.

"So your friend Brittany huh?" he said bluntly, turning to me. He didn't seem to have the need to be discreet in the slightest. I sighed, laying my head against the back of the chair.

'Dear god, first Katy and now Brittany?' I thought, and then corrected myself.

'No, first me, then Katy and Brittany...'

Stupid band...
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenting Subscribing Gerard and Hot Wings
These are a few of my favorite things...

haha jk i dont like hot wings that much but i had nothing that rymed with "ing"