Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 87

My eyes went wide.

"What?"

"It... well, you'll see. It takes a lot of control on Billie's part," she said, and I felt my face grow pale. Billie didn't really love me, so how the hell should he keep himself from hurting me unless he was fully in it? Tonya saw my expression, and continued. "But I wouldn't have told you this if I had any doubt at all that Billie could do it. He may not be right for you, but believe it or not he does feel, and is already extremely powerful. If anyone would have control, it would be him."

'Or Gerard...' I thought, but shook my head. Music began to play, shocking me out of my preparation stage.

"Okay," I said, taking in another deep breath. "I can do this."

"We know. Kick him in the balls and run if you can," Casey said, smiling. I laughed, though it was very choked.

Tonya opened the door, and we walked into the room. There was Bobby by the door.

"When the 'Here Comes the Bride' song comes on, I'll open the doors," he said.

"How's Eric?" Tonya asked, smiling. Bobby smiled, seemingly unconcerned for his friend.

"Who cares?" he laughed. I rolled my eyes at his lack of concern.

"Hey, we need a flower girl. One of you want to be it?"

"I do!" Casey yelled. Bobby looked at her strangely, but shrugged and got he a basket filled with red, white, and black rose petals. He ushered all if my friends, except for Casey, out of the room to take their positions as bridesmaids.

I took a few more deep breaths in, trying to stall time in my mind. It didn't last, for "Here Comes the Bride" began to play.

At this moment, I noticed how eerily similar it was to the song that they play at funerals.

Duh duh DUH duhn, Duh duh DUH duhn...

The doors opened, the light from the room blinding me.

"Don't walk towards the light!" Casey whispered, trying to make me laugh. She began to walk in front of me, scattering petals.

I took my bouquet from Bobby and began my long, long walk.

As I walked down the isle, things seemed strange. I did feel like I was walking towards my death, and that I was supposed to be in a room filled with all the people I've ever met. But most were strangers here; only my friends and the people I loved were my comforts in my walk. As my eyes adjusted I saw the room was almost like a cave, the sides of the church gradually rising. The slope on both sides came down into the center isle of which I was walking.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me...

'Well, I don't have a rod or staff, but I have some pretty damn good friends.

...Close enough.'

After I was halfway down the isle, keeping my head held high in the literal valley of death, I saw Gerard. There were hundreds of bloodthirsty vampires in my valley, and yet I spotted him immediately. He was my true rod and staff, the aide that I loved with all the heart through me. In my valley of death he was safe and loving, a comfort that kept me walking into the oblivion.

Any chance of being with him kept me walking.

I walked further towards him, his eyes on me as I looked at him. I got close enough to him, and stopped. My feet decided they were at their destination, the only place my body wanted to be. I didn't care where I was or what was going on, I needed him. His soft eyes, always looking like it was the first time he had seen me. For a moment we were seemingly lost, staring at each other as words passed between us.

He stood up, making my heart catch. I wish I could just take his hand and leave this place.

He lifted up my veil and kissed me passionately, in front of everyone. I then heard Frankie and Brittany yell "Hell yes!" before running towards each other and making out. But in my conscious world, there was no one else there; at this moment it was only us.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you," I replied.

"Ali, come on, Billie's getting angry," Casey said, shattering my world. I turned, and all the faces of the people I didn't know were shocked, but I kept on walking, up to the isle where I figured Billie must be fuming. I refused to look at him until the moment I was forced to.

“Who gives this bride away?” Damien asked. I looked up at him.

“Shit,” Billie cursed. I looked to him now, his face thinking. He then smiled, a little wickedly. “Gerard, will you please come up here?”

‘Oh god Billie, that’s just unfair.’

Gerard slowly stood up and walked over, all eyes on him.

“Yes, Billie?” Gerard asked.

“Would you care to give Ali away? I figured it would be fitting.”

Gerard looked at Billie with hate in his eyes. I took Gerard’s hand and leaned next to him and lifted my veil.

“Gerard,” I whispered in his ear. “Don’t worry about it. This means nothing. You couldn’t give me to anyone if you wanted to. I’m yours, and you're mine.”

Gerard turned his face and gave me a kiss on the lips, then lowered my veil. He turned to Damien.

“I give this bride away,” Gerard said. “Not.”

“Close enough,” Damien said, smiling viciously at Gerard. You could tell who’s side he was on. Gerard simply nodded and walked back to his seat. I gave him one last look before looking back down, sighing.

This was it.

"Dearly Beloved-"

Was I listening?
No, I couldn't seem to remember a word that he was saying.

I still couldn't believe after all that happened we were going through this. How could people let a forced marriage happen? Now, in the heart of modern America? Are we all demented, or am I the one disturbed? Gerard said I was sane, but at this point I couldn't believe him. I was stuck between that space that's in between insane and insecure, wondering how much was real. Gerard seemed to be the only one who could fill that void, making me feel sane. But how could one person do that? I had to wonder, was I retarded, or just overjoyed by his presence? I wasn't perfect, not even close, and yet I stand here accused of being the "one" for Billie, for lack of a better word. To be stuck here there must be something wrong with me: my best, and only, excuse for why the hell this could all happen.

You're not insane. Billie said inside my head. I looked up at him.

'Why are you in my head?' I thought. 'You don't care what I think.'

The priest kept rattling on, unaware of our private conversation. The only sign of it was a frown from Billie.

Of course I do. And it's important that you know I do. I promise, you'll see soon.

'Soon?' I thought. I almost said it aloud as anger began to ignite within me. 'There is no more soon. This is all there is.'

Soon is coming closer, I promise. You know, I don't know why you keep being so cold. I mean, I do know... But I really do love you. And you must do me some, right? You did say yes.

It sounded like Billie was trying to figure this whole thing out for himself as well.

'Yes, I did. But that's before you became a controlling, possessive, kidnapping, mind-controlling son of a bitch.'

But... Everything I did was to protect you. You were so hurt, and I just-

'Stop it. Just stop, okay? Love comes with a lot of pain-'

You know nothing of pain. Billie said in my head, his mouth forming into a tight frown. I was surprised by his anger in it.

"Billie Joe Cryptcardé, do you promise to take Alexandra Elizabeth Reed, through sickness and in health, for better and for worse?"

"I do."

Billie was no longer angry. He seemed to be holding his breath, as if I actually had a choice. I wonder what would happen if I said "I don't," but I guess that really wasn't an option at this point.

"Alexandra Elizabeth Reed, do you promise to take Billie Joe Cryptcardé, through sickness and in health, for better and for worse?"

"I... I have to."

"That is acceptable. Now, for the last ceremony to begin."

Oh dear god.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is a hidden song in this chapter. I'll have it in the playlist in the next chapter; I figure even though it's kind of obvious i'd let some people have some fun and try to figure it out.

Today's doll is a Casey doll! You pull the string on the back, and her boobs inflate XD
Casey will kill me for this, so technically when I show her this I'm commiting suicide.

Love you all,

---Dearest Dead, first mate to Captain Ace Case Casey McBoobs MaKey.