Status: Active. Feedback = quicker updates :)

Welcome to the Family

The One Where My Mother Dies...

March 2011

I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. Just two weeks ago my mother was alive and happy. Now she was dead and cold. I didn’t understand how it happened so fast. What I was even more confused by was that I was being shipped off to live with my father. Or the sperm donor as I liked to call him. He had never been my father. I didn’t even see a fucking picture of him until a week ago. Don’t get me wrong, he looked like a nice guy, he looked very happy too, but who goes seventeen years without even a phone call?

“Gemma, are you ready to go?” My temporary foster mother, Jill asked.

I looked around at my stuff and shrugged. “Guess so.”

“Okay sweetie, let’s go then.” Jill grabbed two of my bags before walking out of the room. Jill was a nice woman. She took a lot of kids like me in. Kids who had no where to go, no family to run to, no friends. Kids who had nothing. And that was exactly what I had the moment my mother died. Nothing.

I let out a long sigh as I grabbed the last two bags off the small bed. Jill was already waiting outside for me by her car. I tossed the last two into the trunk before getting in.

The drive to the airport was silent. I didn’t mind though. I really didn’t want to talk. After checking my bags in Jill hugged me tightly.

“Now you call me if you need anything. I don’t care if you want a flight back to Boston. If you don’t like it, or you don’t get along with him, call me.”

I just nodded because I didn’t really know what to say. I didn’t want to be an orphan anymore. I didn’t want to live with Jill and six other children who were orphans as well. At least in California I could act like I had a family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, i'm an asshole. Haven't posted in forever, and I'm sure everyone wondering what's going on with my Oli story. Well I had to rewrite it because I didn't like how it was coming along. But I've been on an avenged sevenfold kick for weeks and this story is really easy for me to write.

Oh, and this isn't a typical a7x daughter story. Gem isn't any of the guys daughter. She's Papa Gates daughter, which makes her Brian's sister :]

This is the first chapter, and I know it's short, i'll post the second chapter tomorrow in honor of The Rev <3

Comment/subscribe

xx