Status: Beginning

Happy Times

I Love You

I sat there and stared at my phone. Ten, fifteen, twenty minutes I just sat there.
Sierra finally woke up and came into the kitchen. She sat down beside me and nudged me.

“Whatcha doing?’ She asked.

I scrunched up my face because I was thinking and said, “Should I call Jeff?”

She looked at me, “Are you serious?”

I finally took my eyes off the phone and looked at her, “Yeah I’m serious. Why did you ask?”

“He’s your boyfriend. Just go downstairs and ring his doorbell.” She answered getting up and pouring herself a bowl of cereal. I shrugged and resumed staring at my phone. A couple minutes later it buzzed making me almost fall out of my chair.

Sierra laughed as she passed but didn’t say anything as she walked into the living room to sit on the couch, eating breakfast and watching her favorite morning talk shows.

I picked it up and I got excited to see it was Jeff. Although the message didn’t sound too good;

‘Can you come to my room? I need to tell you something.’

I reread it numerous times in the elevator and was curious to find out what it was. I was also scared.

After the first couple knocks Jeff finally answered. I smiled but his face was serious as he took my hand and led me inside.

“So.” I said simply.

“Madeline, I need you to understand this okay? It’s really important and I just want it to be okay, I hate causing drama. I hope you realize this and feel the same way.” The words rushed out of him but I knew what it meant.

“Oh my gosh.” I mutter. “You’re breaking up with me?”

He looked at me, astounded. “No of course not, Why? Do you want to break up with me?”

I shook my head and muttered, “Never.”

He smiled at me like he heard my last comment. I smiled back although I was embarrassed.

“Sit down.” He told me, pointing to the couch. I sat down anxiously awaiting what he is going to say.

“I love you.” He said at last.

I smiled and nodded, “I know. I love you too.”

He shook his head, “No Madeline I really love you. A lot. Seriously.”

I nodded, “Okay. What does this mean exactly?”

He sighed and sat down beside me, “I don’t know.”

“Well Jeff, I don’t know what to say. I want to say I really love you too because I do, but since I don’t know the feeling you’re feeling I can’t tell if I feel the same way.”

Jeff looked at me puzzled but laughed. I grinned too as we started to ease the tension.

“So what do you want to do today?” I asked.

He shrugged, “After yesterday I was planning on sulking but since you’re here I guess we could do something.”

I laughed and kissed him. Then I got up and ran to the door.

“To my apartment we go!” I joked opening the door for him.

He smiled and got up as well. When he reached the door he took my hand and we slowly walked towards the elevator together.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” He said quietly as we stepped into the elevator.

“It’s okay.” I say even though it really hurt seeing him treat me that way yesterday.

He shakes his head, “No it’s not. I’m so sorry.”

I smiled and tried to lighten the mood again but Jeff’s face wouldn’t budge from its frown.

“I need you to understand that I get like that after some games but I don’t want you to take any of it personally.”

I nodded, “Okay.”

“Madeline, I’m serious!” He said putting his hands on my shoulders and forcing me to look at him.

“Jeff I get it!” I answered. He still wouldn’t let me go.

“We have something special and I’d hate to mess that up because of a stupid hockey game.”

I thought about last night. Maybe we already did mess it up. I shook my head, “No.” I told myself. I won’t let a stupid hockey game ruin what Jeff and I have.

I looked around the elevator not meeting his eyes. “Look at me!” He pleads. My eyes rested on him, and my face was grim. “I love you.” He said.

For the first time I took the full effect of those words. I was actually surprised when I said them back. “I love you.” I said. “I get it now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm excited as I see as well as you where this will go. depends on how I feel.