Status: Beginning

Happy Times

Harrison Gates

“Flight 75 to London, England is now boarding.” The lady at the desk said on the intercom.

I closed Harry Potter and stuff it into my bag. I got out my ticket, slung my bag over my shoulder and gave the lady my boarding pass. She scanned it with no problem and I went down hallway to the plane.

When I got on the plane I went to find my seat and saw this really cute guy. His brown, curly hair was place perfectly over his forehead and his spectacular, emerald eyes had me in a daze. It wasn’t until the person behind me said, “Excuse me miss,” that I snapped out of it and looked at my boarding pass to remind myself of my seat.

Just as I hoped, I was sitting right next to him. I sat down as he answered his phone. “Hey mate.” He said, answering his phone in the cutest British accent. I quietly giggled as I sat down and slid my bag under the chair in front of me like you’re always supposed to do.

I buckled my seatbelt and sat there for a moment. “Wow,” I said a little too loudly looking at the TV screen in front of me. I pressed menu and it gave me a bunch of options, such as movies, TV, or music.

“That’s so cool.” The cute guy agreed after he hung up his phone and pressed menu on his little TV screen too.

I nodded awkwardly and took my book out of my bag again. I sighed and closed the book, I’m determined to make the first moved. I stuck out my hand, it was difficult since he’s sitting beside me but still, “Hi,” I said happily, “I’m Madeline Johnson.”

“CRAP!” I was saying in my mind, nothing has ever come out of my mouth as stupid as that, I know it was just my name but I just sounded so stupid.

He smiled, probably out of pity and shook my hand, “Hi, I’m Harrison Gates but my friends call me Harry, or Har.” He stopped and smiled embarrassingly, “Nah, they don’t call me Har, just Harry.”

I smiled too feeling a little bit more comfortable, “So, I’m going to guess you’re going to see your family in England?”

He shook his head, “I wish, they live on the other side of the island in a town called Liverpool but I’m only staying there a day because I’m waiting to meet my partner,” he answers.

My head dropped, “Partner?” I still asked. How could I have been so stupid, of course he has a girlfriend he’s so nice and cute.

He frowned, “Not a girlfriend or anything, see I’m studying abroad in Paris and apparently I was assigned a partner.”

I smiled brightly, “I believe that would be me.”

“What?” He asked.

“I’m studying abroad in Paris too, and I’m assigned a partner as well.”

“Are you serious?” He asked as he smiled too.

I nodded with excitement and he smiled even wider. Two and a half months with this incredible guy? I can’t wait!

“Well Harry, tell me about yourself.” I asked.

He smiled, “Um, I was born and raised in Liverpool, England but I came to America for college. I love it here.” He said.

My eyes grew wide, “Really?” I thought about it, he likes America? “But England is so much better.” His cheeks turned slightly pick and I smiled, I was beginning to really like this boy.

“Anyway,” He said, “I go to college at Appalachian State University and it wasn’t until I was there that I realized that I love European Culture so much.”

I was lost in his beautiful eyes again that I didn’t even realize that he stopped talking. He smiled brilliantly with his dazzlingly white teeth and said, “Tell me about you.”

I shrugged, “There isn’t much to say, I use to share an apartment with my,” I paused, “Friend, but it didn’t work out.” I sighed thinking about Sierra and Jeff for the first time since I left.

“What’s wrong?” He asked noticing my change of mood.

I shook my head, “I don’t really want to talk about it.”

He nodded calmly and said, “What else?”

I sighed again and tried to smile, “What else?” I asked myself. Every part of my life seemed to involve Sierra and Jeff and since I’m pretty much planning to never see them again, I guess I have to find a new life. “I go to NC State.” I answered finally.

He nodded understanding and we just sat there quietly until our plane took off. I began to become giddy again as we flew off the ground, “I love airplanes,” I confessed as we finally were flying steady in the air.

“Me too,” He agreed.

For the next half hour or so we just talked. Well, he mostly talked about his life, I think he understood that mine was a mess.

“You play the guitar?” I asked.

He nodded, “Yeah, I brought mine with me.”

“That’s so cool! I can’t wait to hear you play it!” I told him.

He smiled at me and for the third time that day I got lost in his eyes. He didn’t seem to notice, even though he was looking straight at me. My mind told me that he was lost in my eyes too but I’m too insecure to think like that.

It wasn’t until the flight attendant asked us if we wanted any pretzels that I actually looked away. The flight attendant was young and pretty with solid brown hair pulled into a perfect ponytail.

“Thanks,” I grumbled jealously, taking a bag of pretzels.

Alex smiled at her brightly and I quietly sighed to myself. Two years wouldn’t be enough for this guy to fall in love with me let alone two months. What happened to me? I used to be somewhat confident and had self respect but now… well, that’s why I’m going to Paris.

I took out my Ipod, plugged my earphones in and ripped open my little bag of pretzels. I wasn’t half way through the first song when I felt Alex tap on my shoulder. I smiled to myself and pressed pause.

“Yes?” I asked more confidently than I felt.

“It’s killing me that you won’t tell me what’s going on in you life,” He confessed.

That wiped the smile off my face as I started to play with the cords of my earphones. “Do you really want to know?” I asked quietly.

He took my hand and I could feel him smiling at me, “Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I kinda have a thing for one direction now? Just picture "Harrison Gates" and well... Harry Styles, don't worry, I still love Jeff but One Direction is a close second :p