Young & Wild & Free

the tenth

“No, come back.” Taylor grunted as he slowly wrapped his arms around Blake’s middle as she tried but failed to crawl out of his bed early in the morning.

“I have to tinkle!” She squealed, making him grin as he nuzzled down into her neck and taking a slow inhale of her skin. “Plus I need to get back soon before Shawn knows I’m gone. Phoebe said she could only cover for me till 10.” Blake insisted, turning and kissing his lips gently as her big dark eyes stared deeply into his blues.

Taylor approached Shawn earlier that week after practice about dating Blake. To say the least, Shawn wasn’t exactly pleased about the idea, but who was he to say no?

“If you put your toe out of line with her for one second, or if I see her crying because of you, I will make sure you don’t play more than 12 seconds of ice for the next five years, you got me, rookie?” Shawn narrowed his eyes down at Taylor. “And no bringing her home later than 10.” He added.

Taylor really wanted to speak up and ask what he and Blake could possibly do for fun that would end before 10 pm, but he knew that it was the closest thing he could get as far as approval from this captain. It was obvious that Horcoff really cared about Blake and while he wanted to tell his captain that he cared about her, too, he didn’t want to lead on about the fact that they had already been seeing eachother behind his back for quite a while.

Thankfully, Phoebe was a little more sympathetic to the cause and she would help them spend a little more time together. She knew that Blake sometimes snuck out at night and would keep Shawn occupied until she could shimmy in the back door the next morning.

“I don’t see what the big deal is, we’re both adults. Well… almost.” Taylor flushed with a grin as Blake giggled and pulled herself out of bed, clad in one of his soft American Apparel v-necks that hung off of her body as well as a pair of black lace panties. He loved to watch her walk away.

Blake stepped into the bathroom that Taylor shared with Jordan, closing the door behind her and fluffing her hair a bit in the mirror before doing her business. After washing her hands, she reached into her purse on the counter and took out her birth control. She was adamant about taking it every day, but with the weird hours she snuck off to visit Taylor, it was a little harder to remember to take it around the same time each day. Brushing her teeth quickly and quietly, she tiptoed back out to Taylor’s bedroom and slid into the charcoal sheets that covered his soft bed.

“It’s eight-thirty, we don’t need to leave for your place for another hour.” Taylor commented with his eyes closed before she kissed him again softly. “I’m beat.” He commented, snuggling her tightly to his chest as she stared up at him in disbelief. She traced her hand down his stomach to his package and outlined his length before wrapping it tightly in her hand.

“I’m not.” Taylor gulped softly as she craned her neck and kissed his lower lip gently.

“You’re killing me, babe.” Taylor laughed softly as she kissed down his neck, slowly straddling his waist and watching as the tips of her long, dark hair brushed his chest, making his nipples harden.

“Is that a boy I hear complaining about his girlfriend wanting sex?” She asked with hooded eyes and a sensuous smirk. “You and I are either having sex or omelettes, your choice.” She all but purred.

“Option number one.” Taylor commented, leaning up on his elbows to kiss her as well. “But let’s make it quick, I want to get a muffin.” He grinned cheekily.

•••

“Babe? Something on your mind?” Taylor asked as she twisted an errant strand of her hair around her finger. It had been two weeks since she’d stayed at Taylor’s house behind Shawn’s back and they hadn’t gotten a lot of alone time together. That weekend, it was just Phoebe and the twins home as Shawn was out of town helping his brother move. Their hockey schedules had gotten busy and Taylor had only just brought Blake back from her hockey game that night.

The Crunch had lost four to one against their hardest opponent from Newfoundland.

“Baby?” Taylor asked, making her dark eyes snap to him. Normally that’s when a flush would overtake her cheeks, but she didn’t care that evening. She was exhausted, hungry, and cranky that she hadn’t contributed to her game that night.

“I’m good.” She shrugged, wrapping her arms tighter around herself as she sat on the couch next to Taylor, making him feel rather pointless – wishing it was his arms around her instead.

“I’m gonna go grab a water upstairs, do you want anything?” He asked softly, waiting for her to snap.

“Sure.” She shrugged, eyes glazing over in thought as she pretended to stare at the television in the entertainment room. Taylor hopped up off the couch and made his way up the stairs to the kitchen where a soft light was emitting from the adjacent door of the fridge.

“Hey Taylor, honey.” Phoebe smiled as she grabbed a carton of raspberries and chocolate sauce out of the fridge, assembling a sundae on the counter. “Need something?” She asked turning back to the fridge.

“One water bottle and one chocolate milk, please.” He sighed, leaning his forearms on the counter and running his hands though his hair that had gotten quite long.

“Uh oh, chocolate milk.” Phoebe grabbed the carton off the shelf and then turned to reach for a glass.

“Yeah, one of those nights.” Taylor smiled weakly as Phoebe poured. Blake was notorious for having a big glass of chocolate milk on nights where she wasn’t feeling 100%.

“She’s probably displeased with the game,” Phoebe sighed. “Trust me, you’ll learn how to date a hockey players,” she winked. “When they’ve had a bad game, give them space, when they’ve had a good game… well, you know.” She grinned, making his cheeks flush pink. “Give her time, she’ll roll around.” She insisted, scooting the glass his way along with his water bottle.

“Do you need anything? You’re good?” He asked, taking a drink in each hand.

“I’m great, a little worse for wear, because someone is ready to come out, but good.” She nodded, placing a hand on her back as she picked up her bowl of cereal.

“Alright, we’ll let me know if you need something.” He smiled before heading back downstairs. Blake wasn’t in her spot on the couch when he returned to the rec room. Setting the drinks on the coffee table, he turned to her bedroom door, which was shut, before knocking gently. “Baby? You in there?” He asked. It was a few moments before she swung the door open, having changed from her basketball shorts and tee and into a pair of yoga pants and a sweatshirt. “Brought you some chocolate milk.” He smiled, gesturing over his shoulder to the table.

“Thanks.” She mumbled, walking past him to the couch, pulling one of the throw blankets off the arm of the sofa and curling up in it. “C’mere.” She insisted with a pout, rubbing the space next to her on the couch. Taylor didn’t need to be told twice as she scooted over, letting her curl up in his arms as she situated his back against the arm of the couch. She laid on her tummy between his legs, resting her head on his chest as he played with her hair softly.

After 8 weeks of dating, it certainly wasn’t his longest relationship, but it was certainly his most meaningful. There were so many things he could share with Blake that he couldn’t share with other people – and he hoped he was just as special to her.

“That’s nice.” She mumbled as he ran his fingers through her hair, watching from above as her thick fan of lashes rested on her cheek.

“Good.” He insisted.

“Stay tonight?” She asked softly. Taylor really tried to be respectful of her boundaries and the fact that it wasn’t his home, but he was about to give Blake anything she asked for.

“Sure thing, baby girl.” He mumbled, kissing the top of her head. He could feel her lips turn up in a smile at his words.

“Mm, you’re warm.” She muttered, burrowing her face into his chest. He was a little startled as she sat up and removed her sweatshirt, leaving her covered only by a neon yellow sports bra.

“Whoa there.” He laughed as she lifted the hem of his own sweatshirt – one of his worn ones that was baggy around the middle and the neckline cut down the front. She crawled up the sweatshirt, tucking herself against his skin as she cradled her arms to her chest. Taylor smiled as she looked up with him with her big, dark eyes. He kissed her gently as he held her against him, hand running down her back through the fabric of his sweatshirt. “Hey there.” He whispered, tugging softly on the end of her ponytail gently.

“I love you.” She whispered, looking up at him with honest eyes.

“I love you, too.” He grinned, feeling a little lightheaded as the feeling swelled up in his chest.

She pressed her lips up against his again. They fell asleep on the couch like that, but two hours later, he woke her up gently and carried her to her bedroom, curling up around her in her bed.

It was another two hours later at three in the morning that she slipped out of his arms and tiptoed softly upstairs then up to the second level. Phoebe was passed out in bed and she wouldn’t hear her sneak into the bathroom. She flipped on a low light, opening up the cupboard under the sink as she rummaged softly through the boxes of tampons, a Costco pack of Shawn’s deodorant and bars of soap. Grasping the pink box in her hand, she slid out one package before making sure everything was as she left it before sneaking back down to the main level and locking herself in the powder room off the dining side of the kitchen.

It was a relief that Phoebe still had a stash of pregnancy tests from when she and Shawn were trying to conceive earlier that year – Blake couldn’t face the music long enough to get to a Walgreens and find one herself. She placed the cap back on the end once it had been used and turned the test facedown as she counted to 60 in her head. Reaching for the test again, she held her breath, almost unable to turn it over in her hand.

Positive.
♠ ♠ ♠
quick update.
i was going to go on hiatus, but i found myself writing this today.
updating ACH this weekend then who knows.
really frustrated with this website lately.