Young & Wild & Free

the eighteenth

Blake laughed as Patrick whispered into her ear, holding her vodka lemonade in her hand as they squeezed into a booth with several other of the Chicago Blackhawks. Wedged between Jonathan Toews and Patrick, Blake was living out every single one of her dreams. She shared game stories with Jon while Patrick kept a calloused paw on her thigh.

“Where are you staying tonight?” Patrick asked quietly, flagging down the waitress to bring them another round of drinks.

“The Westin on Michigan Ave.” She replied, crossing her legs as Jonathan tried to get her attention.

“Or, you could check out the new posters I put up at my place.” He suggested, sliding his hand across her leg to her inner thigh. She turned away from Jon with a smile, placing her lips at Patrick’s ear. The blonde shuddered as he felt her lips against his ear, goosebumps exploding all over his body as she whispered into his ear.

“Sorry, I’ve got a curfew. The Horcoffs will come looking for me.” She grinned as he caught the small glint in her eye. “But I could probably disappear for a few hours.” Patrick watched the brunette with a grin as she turned back to talk to Jon, wondering what Hall did to fuck up what he had with her.

“I’m gonna go dance.” She said, squeezing between Pat’s lap and the table, knowing there were eyes on her as she wound herself through the dance floor. It was hardly a moment later that Patrick pressed himself up against her back, grabbing both of her hips as she moved to the heavy bass.

“I want you.” He whispered. “Only getting to text and face time you is killing me.” He insisted as she turned to face him.

“I’m right here.” She shrugged, looking at him through her heavy lidded eyes. Patrick smiled widely before dipping down and pressing his lips to hers. Blake could feel her insides explode with butterflies as his hands slid up her slides. Breaking away from the kiss, she kept in a giggle as he tucked his hands into the back pockets of her jeans.

Turning her back to him again, they danced for a little longer before she noticed Magnus and Jordan near the bar in the back. It wasn’t long before Jordan caught Blake’s eye. Just as she began to wonder if Taylor was there as well, he appeared at the bar with Ryan.

She knew that he must have dragged Ryan out with him because the nineteen year old was never the type to hit the bars after a game, or go out at all unless there was food involved. It was then that Blake remembered her full drink back at the table and made a move to the table.

“Thirsty.” She informed Patrick, taking his hand and letting him follow her. Walking just past Taylor’s line of sight, she wondered what he was thinking as Jonathan patted the open spot next to him for Blake. After another drink, she decided she could check her phone. It was just past midnight and she knew the guys that had flown in for the game were going to be needed back at their hotel soon for curfew.

From: Hall
don’t do something you’ll regret. come back to the hotel with me.


She rolled her eyes at the text message – as if she couldn’t make her own decisions. She was an adult, albeit barely, but an adult nonetheless and she could do whatever she wanted, whether it pleased him or not. Tossing a look over her shoulder, she made brief but meaningful eye contact with Taylor before turning back to her group. The tiniest amount of guilt settled into the bottom of her stomach but it all but dissolved when Patrick turned to face her again.

“You okay?” He asked, sliding his hand up her leg again.

“Perfect.” She smiled, leaning into his side. Another half an hour had passed and she could tell he was getting antsy, so she suggested he take her for a ride in his car.

Shaw shook his head as he watched the two disappear out of the back door, finding Patrick’s little Mercedes quite easily and hopping inside. It was moments before they were pulling into the underground parking ramp of the Trump Tower.

“Oh, this is gorgeous.” Blake sighed, standing in the family room of his ridiculously beautiful and undoubtedly expensive apartment overlooking the river.

“You’re gorgeous.” He stepped up behind her, placing his lips on her neck as his hands slid around her sides to her front. She knew it was cheesy, but any pick up line that Patrick used was going to work on her. She had a crush on him for as long as she could remember and now he wanted her.

In her bare feet she was just a bit shorter than him and turning in his arms, she was in the perfect position to kiss him, the skyline behind her as he held her tightly.

“You’re funny.” She teased in reply.

“No really, you are so fucking gorgeous. You’re beautiful, funny, sweet, and you play hockey? You’re a fucking unicorn.” He insisted, making her toss her head back with a giggle.

Before he could get another word out, she pressed another kiss to his lips, taking the lead as she traced her tongue across his bottom lip. She squeaked as he hauled her up by the back of her thighs, wrapping her legs around his waist and carrying her through the apartment.

“So strong.” She purred, resting her hands against his biceps. She giggled as he tossed her down on the bed, pinning his hips down against hers, he ran his hands up her slim sides, cupping her face as he kissed her deeply. She could feel his arousal pressing insistently at the apex of her thighs and she bucked her hips up into him. “Pat.” She gasped as he kissed down her neck. He broke his trail to look up at her, liking the way her pupils had very obviously dilated, even in the dark room. “Take my pants off.” She wiggled, making a vicious grin spread across his face.

“My pleasure.” He replied, sliding down and taking her pants with her, loving the black lace panties that spanned from hip to hip.

“Patrick!” She gasped as he kissed his way up the inside of her thighs, holding her hips down as she squirmed. He latched his teeth to a soft spot just inside her thigh, licking and sucking as she moaned softly. He pressed a soft kiss to her panty-clad mound, breathing hot air on her already hot sex. “Oh God.” She shuddered as he pulled her panties down her long stems. He didn’t give her a moment of a break before he was back at her cleft, moving his tongue slowly around her wet heat and sucking gently on her tightly wound bundle of nerves.

“You like that?” He asked, teasing her with his tongue as she moaned and rolled her hips. He sucked more vigorously on her clit, using two of his fingers to tease her opening.

“Mm, Pat, please.” She begged, bucking her hips as he nibbled her soft skin ever so gently.

“Please what?” He asked, loving the way she raked her hands through his blonde curls. She flushed red, obviously never one for dirty-talk.

“Please make me cum.” She whimpered. He grinned cockily, sliding two fingers into her and pressing them against her g-spot, rubbing consistently as he suckled on her clit, making her scream as she came, tugging on his blonde curls.

He slid back up her body, kissing and sucking on her neck as she came down from her orgasm, quivering in his arms.

“Delicious.” He whispered in her ear. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he nuzzled into her. Another few moments passed before he spoke up. “I gotta get you back to the hotel before Horcoff cuts my feet off.” He frowned.

“But,” she protested, “I didn’t get to…” She ran her hand down his stomach to the seam in his jeans and cupped him softly.

“Always leave ‘em wanting more.” He grinned. “And don’t think this is the last time I want to see you.” He insisted. He helped her pull her panties up and get back into her jeans, sliding her boots onto her feet when they reached the entryway. “Here.” He placed a zip-up around her shoulders before heading out into the cool night.

Arriving at the Westin, she placed her hand on his jaw before kissing him once more.

“Call me.” She smiled before ducking out of the car, zipping the sweatshirt up and heading into the hotel.

•••

Back in Edmonton a week later, Blake was joining Shawn after the Oiler’s practice that day to goof around and have a little fun on the ice. The maintenance crew at the Rexall would let them shoot around and skate for about an hour after practice ended and she took advantage of it whenever Shawn would invite her down.

She smiled and said hello to a few of the guys that were leaving the arena upon her arrival. Ryan pulled her into a side hug and tried to ruffle her hair as he walked by. Their relationship had improved over the last few weeks and she was the only one of the guys that she really talked to as much since her breakup with Taylpr. She never told him about what happened with Patrick at his apartment after the Chicago game, however.

“Hey, stick around! Shawn and I are just gonna goof around and shoot a bit.” She insisted.

“I’m starving, I’m gonna go get some sushi with the boys then crash.” He shook his head.

“Ugh sushi sounds so good.” She groaned, putting a hand over her stomach. “I’ll have to make Cap take me to get some in a bit. Anyways, have fun and text me later or something, let’s go see that new scary movie with the aliens.” She smiled, giving him a squeeze goodbye. As she reached for the doorhandle into the locker room where Shawn had stashed her skates for her, it swung open.

“Blake.” Taylor was slightly stunned upon seeing his beautiful ex-girlfriend.

“Taylor.” She mimicked, her eyes flashing wide for a moment. He was fresh out of the showers and wearing one of her favorite sweaters on him. He looked great. His hair was growing back where they had to shave it a bit for his stitches and his cut was healing very well. She forgot how grey his eyes could look.

“Could I maybe talk to you for a moment?” He asked, rubbing the back of his neck before glancing over his shoulder to see that Shawn hadn’t entered the locker room yet.

“Is that a good idea?” She asked. The last time he wanted to talk to her he freaked out on her about Dean.

“It will just take a moment.” He insisted, nodding over to the empty players lounge. She nodded and followed him down the hall. “I just wanted to apologize for how things ended.” He started awkwardly, a hard lump settling in the back of his throat. “I was having a lot of insecurity issues after my accident and I took it out on you. I shouldn’t have said those things about you or to you because I care about you and I love you and you didn’t deserve to be treated that way.” He wanted so badly to reach out and touch her but opted to shove his hands into his pockets instead.

“I also shouldn’t have said anything about you to that magazine. It wasn’t my place to say anything about your personal life.” He finished.

“Apology accepted.” Blake nodded.

“I was hoping maybe I could take you out? Maybe for dinner sometime and we could catch up? We haven’t spoken in such a long time…” He asked, having a hard time keeping eye contact with her, which was such a wildly foreign feeling. For a long while, he was pretty sure he was going to marry her.

“Can I think about it?” She asked, not sure if that was exactly the greatest idea. Sure, she still cared a great deal about Taylor, but she wasn’t sure if she could have fallen right back into a relationship.

“Yeah, you can.” He nodded awkwardly. “Just don’t make me wait too long.” He smiled softly. It was the first time in a long time she’d seen him smile.

“I won’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i love hearing your comments!
they seriously make my day.
please let me know how you feel about this one!
is she going to give taylor a second chance?
smooches