Young & Wild & Free

the fourth

“Blake!” Jack Horcoff called excitedly as the little family gathered in the Young Arena, just outside of Edmonton, taking seats in the stands on the end in which the Crunch would be shooting twice.

“There are other girls in this league, right?” Phoebe glanced at her husband nervously. She knew that Blake had been pumped about her first game for weeks, but her billet mom was worried about her safety.

“Barely.” Shawn replied, “none on her team and none on this team, but I think other teams in the league have a female or two.” He said, flipping through his roster to find number 88. The Captain laughed and flashed the program at his wife, showing her Blake’s roster photo – straight-faced and tough looking. Phoebe shook her head with a smile as Jack snuggled into her lap, not wanting to sit in his own seat. All of the family was geared up in Crunch apparel to support Blake. They had missed warm-ups, but the seconds counted down until the puck dropped for the first period.

The Horcoff family cheered loudly when the starting lineups were announced, Blake skating from the goal line up to her other teammates, fist-bumping all of them as her long hair trailed behind her. After the anthems had been sung and she had tied her hair off in a ponytail, the team did one final grouping around the goaltender’s net before setting up for the opening faceoff.

What Shawn Horcoff hadn’t noticed was the young man that had slid in across the arena at the top of the section – dressed in a suit with a knitted hat pulled down over his ears – Taylor Hall also clutched a program in his hands. He needed to see Blake in action.

Jesus Christ she was fast. The only distinction between she and the other players was the long ponytail down her back and her lack of height, but she looked right at home down there. Taking a shot from the point, the whole crowd sucked in a breath as the rubber disk launched off of the crossbar of the Nova Scotia Borealis’ net. Taylor could hear the two Horcoff twins cheering excitedly, even from across the ice in the arena that held around 10,000 people. It wasn’t at capacity that night, but it was easily half full. Leaning back in his seat, Jordan Eberle appeared at his side, also in a suit, his teammate was carrying a tray full of pretzels with cheese and two big Cherry Cokes.

“Damn it,” Jordan swore. “I forgot napkins.”

“Just don’t spill.” Taylor advised, dipping his pretzel in the cheese and taking a giant bite just as Blake’s line was back out on the ice after a quick shift.

“She’s quick.” Jordan commented. “Number 88.” He laughed. Taylor rolled his eyes. Since their last encounter in her bedroom two weeks ago, the two had been texting back and forth. Blake was terrified that somehow Shawn was watching her texts, so she tried to be as coy as possible, but she wouldn’t deny that she was attracted to the young Oiler’s star. Every once and a while he’d message her and ask what she was up to, to which she’d reply she was checking out Patrick Kane videos on YouTube. He was sure that at that point she was just doing it to mess with him.

“She is.” Taylor agreed, taking a big swig of his pop. Leaning forward in his seat, he winced as a much bigger forward came flying at her in the corner, her lithe body moving just in time as the brute launched himself into the boards. He could practically hear her little laugh from the ice.

“Wait, so can they check?” Jordan asked just in time to watch one of Blake’s teammates take a big open ice hit in the neutral zone.

“It would appear so.” Taylor frowned as the Borealis member was sent to the box, putting his team on the penalty kill. Taylor watched on as Blake set up the power play from just below the blue line. Thirty seconds in and she gained her first point, setting up her winger for a goal that ended up deflecting off a skate into the net. He grinned as he watched her skate in the line that sailed past the bench, a wide smile showing off her pink mouth guard as she celebrated the 1-0 lead

The Crunch ended up beating the Borealis 5-2 by the time the sixty minutes had run out.

“Hey, you should head to Nugie’s tonight.” Taylor looked over at Jordan who was already planning on spending the night out that evening anyway. His girlfriend was arriving in town in about an hour and they had rented an executive sweet at the Hilton in downtown Edmonton.

“One step ahead of you. Rubbers on your nightstand.” Jordan called with a laugh as they headed their separate directions in the parking lot.

“Fuck off.” Taylor laughed, running a hand through his hair and tossing his beanie to the passenger seat of his new Range Rover – courtesy of Edmonton Premiere Automotive. Sitting in the driver’s seat, he text Blake, telling her that they should meet for something to eat to celebrate her win.

Blake checked her cell in her stall as it vibrated on the wood shelf.

From: T.Hall
Pick you up in an hour for some burgers?


She rolled her eyes before replying that she would be going out with her family that night, but maybe they could catch dessert around 10.

From: T.Hall
Pack some PJ’s, tell Shawn you’re with Ebs girlfriend for the night.


Biting her lip, Blake texted back a smile before setting her phone down and quickly changing, fixing her ponytail and throwing on a pre-wrap headband before changing back into her warm-up. Heading into the hallway, she grinned upon seeing her billet family. It felt nice to have someone waiting for her with open arms – literally.

“Sweetheart, you were fantastic! So proud of you! Two assists in your first game!” Phoebe beamed proudly. “We really couldn’t be happier for you.” She hugged her billet mother tightly.

“Thanks guys.” She smiled, closing her eyes for a moment before Shawn could give her a tight hug as well.

“Nice job kiddo, coulda made that last bump if the tendy hadn’t dropped so fast. Next time.” He grinned, making her laugh as her cheeks burned bright pink from the attention. Her head coach, Rick Tatum, walked out of his office, shaking Shawn’s hand with a wide smile before wishing the family a pleasant evening.

“Where are we going for dinner?” Tommy asked, tugging his mother’s hand.

“I’m feeling steak, what do you guys think?” Blake asked, knowing full well she got to choose dinner that evening.

“Steak sounds great.” Shawn said, clamping his hand down on Blake’s shoulder with a proud grin. She made him feel like a gratified parent. Blake smiled, feeling on top of the world. She had never felt like a part of a real family before – and it was nice.

•••

To: T.Hall
your butt better be out there, it’s fucking cold out.


Blake quickly threw together a little backpack with some deodorant, underwear and a toothbrush. Tossing it over her shoulder, she bid Phoebe and Shawn a goodnight and promised them she’d be back in time for lunch the next day.

Dipping out the front door, she hurried down to the end of their block where Taylor’s Range Rover sat.

“Heated seats!” She called, watching as he laughed in the driver’s seat and flicked the button for the warming function on the passenger side. “Oh, this is the life.” She sighed, sinking into the soft, supple leather, crossing her smooth legs. She has showered quickly when they got home from dinner – cleaning up her legs as well as her bikini line. Before she could ask where Ebs and his girlfriend really were, Taylor’s thick lips were on hers. She entertained him for a moment, but the second his tongue hit her lips, she pulled away, “Whoa cowboy, I was promised a sundae.” She reminded him. Taylor grinned, turning up the heat as he started the ten-minute drive back to his apartment.

“Nice game today, by the way.” He commented casually. Blake studied his face for a minute, wondering what he meant by that.

“You… saw some of it?” She asked, “or did you just check twitter?” She teased.

“I may have caught a period or two… or three.” He shrugged, making her wiggle in her seat as she crossed her legs. She was wearing the jeans she knew he liked on her, dark denim skinnies with a flowy burnt orange top that just hinted at the black bra she wore underneath. Topped with some gold bangles and a turquoise ring, she looked fairly dressed up for hanging out in a apartment all night. He’d also tell her that her perfume was making his head swim in combination with the seat warmers and it threatened to pull his car over.

“You did not.” She laughed, slightly embarrassed but also intrigued. Taylor kept one hand on the steering wheel as the reached back and pulled the game program out of the pocket behind her seat.

“Want to sign it for me?” He asked. She laughed loudly, that tinkling laugh complimented with the soft clanging of her bracelets as she covered her mouth. Jesus she was beautiful. “I mean, when am I going to get the opportunity to have a first-liner sign something for me ever again?” He asked, feigning seriousness.

“I’ll think about it. Don’t want you turning it around and selling it on Ebay.” She teased.

“Please, I’d make more money with some panties if you’re willing to part with a pair.” That sent her into another fit of giggles, stroking his ego as they pulled into his underground parking space.

Blake knew he was trying to take her hand as they strolled through the lobby, her kitten-heeled oxford shoes clicking against the white marble flooring.

“I can’t believe you came to the game.” She shook her head as they got in the elevator. “Did Shawn see you? The boys?” She asked, looking up at him as he hit 22 on the panel. He shook his head, leaning against the chair rail, grabbing her hips and situating her between his legs. His hands slid down from her narrow waist to her back pockets.

“No, Ebs and I snuck in. Cookie monster had to get some snack so I got seats at the top row of the lower bowl, just behind your bench.” He explained, the heat of her skin coming through the denim and warming his hands.

“Oh my God, Ebs came, too?” She asked, her big Bambi eyes blinking at him with a hint of amusement.

“Yeah. It was a good game, you should be proud.” He nodded, “I mean you were a little slow on the shift that Nova Scotia got that first goal on, but other than that…” He laughed with a huff as she punched him in the chest.

“Shut up Mr. I-don’t-wear-a-helmet-in-warm-ups.” She teased, “you drive all those little girls crazy with your sixth grade flow.” She said, turning on her heel the second the doors opened, leading him down the hallway. He followed like a lost puppy looking for a bone.

“Um, pretty sure I saw you skating around with your hair down, too.” He pointed out.

“Yeah, but I’m a girl, it’s not weird to have hair past my shoulders.’ She commented, stepping out of shoes when she hit the entryway, revealing her cherry red toes as she walked right into the kitchen, going to the fridge and grabbing one of the beers that she knew were Jordan’s. He had better taste in ale than Taylor.

“Beer and ice cream – great seasonal regiment.” Taylor grinned as she rolled her eyes. “And my hair is not past my shoulders,” he added.

“I’m in the best shape of my life. I’ve gone down a jeans size, my arms are toned and my ass looks great.” She laid it all out. “I know what I can and cannot eat.” She insisted, taking a drink before setting her beer down on the countertop. Placing her hands on his cheeks, she slid them up into his hair, grasping it lightly. “And I like your hair just the way it is.” She whispered against this lips before kissing him generously – not minding the way she could immediately feel the outline of his arousal against her lower stomach.

“Trust me,” he moved his lips against her neck as she raked her nails against his scalp, causing goosebumps to break out across his skin. “I definitely like your body just the way it is.” She giggled softly but couldn’t hide the giant yawn that finally emerged. Nerves had her up at six that morning and it was closing in on eleven. She needed sleep. “I saw that.” Taylor pointed out, grabbing her backpack off of the kitchen counter. “You need to hit the sack.” He commanded softly.

“Kinky.” She giggled, making him roll his eyes as he lead her back to his bedroom.

“You know what I mean.” He added, dropping her back on his newly made bed. He had even spread out a new set of sheets that morning. Well, the cleaning lady did. They changed in front of one another – he stripped down to his boxers while she stripped down to her bra and panties, turning her back to him as she removed her bra and pulled a t-shirt down over her body, braiding her hair down one side of her shoulder.

Pulling back the covers, he patted the space next to him as she crawled in. He immediately curled around her as she set an alarm on her phone. Backing up against him, she gasped slightly upon feeling his arousal nestle against the natural creases of her body.

“Sorry.” He mumbled sheepishly, warm puffs of air hitting the back of her neck.

“Don’t worry about it,” She exhaled contently. “But you still owe me a sundae.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey ladies
i know it's been taking me a long time to update
but even after the third chapter, i was super disappointed with feedback.
i'm still on the fence whether or not to keep this story - so please tell me if you like it or i'll delete it and hold back on new stories for a bit. i don't want to stress about it if no one's reading. but i really like this story and want to continue it, so please comment!
what do you think of the relationship these two have?
how about the fact that taylor hid his attendance at the game from shawn?
i'd LOVE to hear what you think!
i adore writing taylor & blake!
love love
kara