Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

Mother May I?

It had been a couple days since I made that retched deal with Oli, and everything had been surprisingly good. Frank started to open up a bit and I've learned a lot about him. He also opened up to Gerard some. Everyone else have been the happy-be-happy couples that make you want to puke when you see them. I was just glad Max and Ronnie aren't like that because I might have to kill them if they did.

Oli and I haven't killed each other yet so that's an accomplishment. Our deal was still going on and we both kept our ends up. He sat with me at lunch and walked home with me, Max, and Ronnie. He even conversed some which surprised everyone, especially when they figured out he was British. I had let him hold my hand and walk me to every class and every time people still ran out of our way if they're as if they're life depended on it. I didn't know if it did but I certainly would find out. I still cuddled, if that's what you call it, with Oli at night, and I kissed him on the check every once in a while just to keep him sane.

I was currently sitting in English taking notes when a human walked in the class and handed a paper to the teacher before abruptly leaving. The teacher read the note over before walking over to me and setting the paper on my desk.

"Leave whenever you're ready. I'll get someone to give you the notes tomorrow, and Oliver you can go with her if you chose." She said before going back to talking to the class.

"What is it?" Oli asked.

"An excusable note from class. It says a parent is here to pick me up." I said before getting my stuff and walking out of the room. Oli quickly followed suit, and we walked to the office.

"Why would your dad wanted come to pick you up? I thought you guys haven't spoken since you moved out."

"We haven't. I have no idea why he wants to come pick me up." I said.

We walked to the office and the lady said that my mom said she would meet us at home. Last I heard my mom was in Europe, so it would be interesting to see who was breaking me out of school for the day. Oli and I quickly walked back to his house in order to see the mystery person was. We arrived in around ten minutes, and there was a woman sitting on the porch steps.

She was the spitting image of me. Her hair was the same black color and it was perfectly straight like mine except hers was shorter than mine and she had bangs. Her porcelain skin gleamed in the sun, and her blue eyes seemed to be the color of the sky.

Oli gave me a questioning look, probably because he saw the similarity between me and the woman who was now walking towards us.

"Linda?" She asked.

"Who are you?"

"You don't recognize me?"

"Should I?" I replied.

"It's me. You know your mother."

My breath caught in my throat, and a deep growl escaped from Oli as he pushed me behind him. I was shocked, no not shocked, shocked wasn't a strong enough word for this feeling. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening. I haven't seen this woman in nearly fifteen years, and I didn't remember a single thing about her. She's the one who made my life a living hell.

I was becoming angry, very angry. How dare she just show up like this? Right when my life was becoming better. She had to come and destroy it. She always did this to me, to my father, to her own family. The glass on the windows shattered, and I knew that if I didn't calm down I could destroy the perfect house in front of me. But at that moment I didn't care. The door slammed open from an invisible force, and the wood on the porch steps seemed to groan from a heavy force that wasn't there.

Oli grabbed me and held me close. He started to mutter things in my ear to calm me down. Saying things like "breathe" and "calm down darling". The only thing that did eventually calm me down was him muttering something like "please don't destroy my mother's beautiful house." I took deep breaths and everything seemed to get better. Oli looked over to my mom, still shielding me from her sight.

"What are you doing here?" He sneered.

"I came to see my daughter." She spat back at him.

"She obviously is quite upset by your mere prescience so I suggest you leave now."

"That's why I'm here. She needs me."

"She doesn't need you. What she needs is you gone. Just the sight of you and she is practically destroying our house."

"Our house?" She questioned.

"Yes. Ours. Linda is my mate and you are on my property, so leave now because I don't care if you are her mother I won't hesitate to kill you."

"I can't leave. I need to teach her how to use her power. She still doesn't understand that her emotions triggers her power, and I doubt she knows how to control it."

"Of course I don't know how to control it. You left before I knew I even got your cursed powers." I spat at her while pulling away from Oli to look at this witch in front of me.

"Darling, I left for your own good." She said.

"Oh, don't give me that bull shit. You left because you thought I was an abomination to all species and that you couldn't stand to live with my evil father. I believe you said. Oh, and don't call me darling. Oli's British and I can barely stand him calling me that."

"Look I know I have done you wrong, but-"

"No there is no 'buts' at the end of that sentence. You did me wrong period. You ruined my life. Not only do I have this terrible power running through my veins, but you crushed my father. He hasn't spoken to me fifteen years. I had to move out of his house for him to even talk to me at all! And if that wasn't bad, you made me hate myself! I hated my witch half because it hurt my dad and I hated my vampire half because of you! I couldn't stand to be around vampires at all! Hell I can barley love my mate, the person who I'm supposed to love more than anything else, because of you! So don't tell me you did this for me. You did this for you, and only you." I screamed.

She looked like I had just stabbed her. I was glad she deserved it. Oli also had an unknown emotion on his face.

"Oh, and you owe us money to pay for the windows that are broken because of you." I said before walking to the house. She grabbed my arm, and a growl erupted from Oli's throat warning her to keep her hands to herself.

"Look, I did you wrong, but, but I want to fix that now. I heard about what happened a couple weeks ago, and I want to help you. I want to help you control your power, so I can at least try fix the mistake of leaving you without the knowledge of your power. You have the possibility to be the greatest witch of all time, and I understand if you never accept me as your mother, but please, please accept me as your teacher."

I thought about it for a second. As much as I hate her, I need her. I couldn't control my power and it was tearing me apart inside. I looked over at Oli and he seemed to be thinking the same thing.

"You could really help me control it?" I asked.

"Not only that I can help it grow, so you could reach your full potential." She said while releasing my arm.

"Give me a second." I said and pulled Oli off to where she couldn't hear us.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"She could help you."

"Yeah, but I could learn myself."

"Cause that has been working so well for you right now."

"True. Can you handle it though?"

"If you go through with it, I'll try not to kill her. No promises though." He replied. I nodded and walked back over to my mother.

"If you pay for the windows, I'll do it." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Dun. Cliff hanger, but the fact that I'm all ready writing the other one it won't be a long cliff hanger.