Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

Training for Power

My mother had been living with me less than a day and I already want to kill her. Not that Oli would mind her gone or anything. She said we would start training after school, so I was very patient all through school. I was polite and acted like nothing important was happening after school. I talked to people in a normal fashion. I did all the work the teachers gave us. I helped Frank do his math. I let Oli hold my hand through the hall way. Hell, I even gave Oli a fall on kiss. Well, a peck but it counts.

So here I was, in my house waiting for my first witch lesson or whatever and where was my teacher? Nowhere. That's where. She left the house during the day and she isn't back yet, and I was patient and all this crap so now I'm seriously pissed off. Oli was down in the basement torturing some poor soul that checked me out in the hall way, so he had something to do. I was all alone.

I sat channel surfing for a good three hours, sitting every way you can sit on the couch. The sun had long left the sky, and I gave up. I started dinner. I cocked some hamburgers and made homemade French fries. When I finished cooking still no one was around. Oli still copped up in the basement and my mother nowhere in sight. I took the plate I made for Oli and walked down to the basement.

Screams immediately filled my ears. Oli had a few humans today. George was sitting cramped into a tiny cage in the corner. He had a human female strapped to a table in the center that hot wax running down her, well her everything. He had the guy who checked me out earlier chained to the wall, and he was eating something revolting while Oli stood there and laughed. The girl kept screaming, and Oli barked something at her and noticed me.

"Hey love, what are you doing down here?" He asked.

"Just thought I should bring you some dinner because you said you were going to down here all night."

"Oh, is that for me then? Looks great. In fact I was just giving the maggot over here some dinner myself."

"I can see that. It looks . . . absolutely disgusting. What is it?" I asked walking over to him and handing him the plate.

"Something I learned how to waif up in torture class. You really don't want to know." He said while walking to sit on the steps. I then sat next to him.

"So is your mum back then?" He asked with a mouth full of burger.

"No she hasn't, and don't chew with your mouth full."

"Yes mum."

"Oh, I am not your mom. No mother would wait on you hand in foot." I scoffed, and he chuckled.

I could tell the guy's mouth watering, the one which was eating the mystery food. Oli also seemed to notice.

"Aye, maggot who told you, you could stop eating? This is my food stop staring at it, unless you're staring at her because then you get twice the punishment." The human then shook his head quickly and went back to eating without vomiting.

"Looks like you're having fun so I'll just leave you be with your toys."

"Alright. I should be up in an hour or so depending on how long these guys hold up." I nodded and gave him a quick kiss before heading back upstairs.

Kissing him didn't fell so weird anymore so we did it more often. It wasn't like we constantly made out or something. We just shared small kisses every now in then. He seemed to enjoy it and it was nice to kiss him, so I wasn't planning on stopping.

I went back upstairs and started eating when I heard the door bell ring. I answered it and saw Max standing there.

"Hey, Maxie. Didn't expect you tonight." I said.

"Yeah, well Ronnie has been in the basement all night so I thought I should drop by and say hello." He said as I let him in.

"Well I was eating but you’re welcome to join me."

We chatted in the kitchen for a while talking about whatever. Ronnie came up in conversation and max was like a total love sick puppy. Oli also came up every now and then. We seemed to talk for two hours when guess who walked into the door? My mother. Max seemed shocked to see her. They hadn't met before, so I guess it was weird to meet someone who looked exactly like me.

"Um, hi Midnight. This is Max. He's my cousin. He's dad's brother's son." I muttered just to cut the silence.

"Hi." Max said.

"Hello. I remember the last time I saw you, you still couldn't walk." My mom said.

"Ha you remember that?"

"Of course. It wasn't too long ago." She replied.

"Um, Max was just leaving." I said. Max nodded and I walked him to the door. I gave him a hug and told him to give my hellos to Ronnie and he said to do the same for Oli.

"Where's your mate?" My mom asked after max left.

"In the basement."

"Look sorry I'm late. I had to do some things."

"Save it. I don't really care. Just thought you would want to start the building of your relationship with your daughter on time. Guess I was wrong."

"I did Linda. It's just . . . I had things to do."

"I get it things are more importnant then me. Let's just get today started all right?" She nodded and led me to the porch.

"Okay. First lesson you need to learn to focus on a specific task. So close your eyes and focus on something out here. Okay?" I nodded.

I sat on the porch, eyes closed and focused on wind. I sat there for a couple minutes just thinking about wind. I kinda thought learning would be more exciting but you have to start somewhere right. After a couple more minutes the wind started to pick up. I kept focused and the wind picked up more.

"What are you focusing on?" Mom asked, and the wind stopped.

"Well i was focusing on the wind but you just messed that up." I said peeking through one eye.

"That was good. Could you tell the more you focused the more the wind picked up?" I nodded. "Good now I want you to focus on an object and keep your eyes open this time." She continued and I nodded again.

I focused on a flower pot on the porch steps for a while. Nothing was happening but I kept focused like she said. The flower pot cracked in two and I jumped about fifty feet in the air. My mom laughed.

"That was good." She said.

"No it wasn't I just destroyed that flower pot."

"No that was quite good. It took me hours to get something like that to happen. It took you only a few minutes. You have lots of potential."

"Thanks I guess. But what do we do now?" I muttered.

"Well, my mother taught me how to use the elements after I learned to focus, and I can tell the air will be your best element by the way you used the wind earlier. But I don't think you should start on that right now. We should try to get you to move objects. So focus on an object, and then focus on where it should go." I nodded, and focused on the flower pot shards moving a couple inches.

It took a while, but after a good ten minutes the shards started to shake and then slowly move. My mom squealed. Yeah, squealed. I tried something new. I focus on the one shard coming to my hand. About fifteen minutes later and what I think was a brain spasm, the shard started to shake. It slowly lifted into the air and started to come my way. Whenever my focused wavered the shard would drop but I regained my focus and the shards slowly came to my hand. I just sat there and stared at it. I couldn't believe I just did that. I never imagined I could actually control my power enough to get it to do that.

We did a little bit more that night. She would tell me to move something and I would move it. We moved to bigger objects each time and I got up to an object that was the size and weight of a filled rain barrel. My mother was overjoyed she said she was so proud of me and even the best witches took weeks to get their power under control like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
1:17 my time. I think this is the second or third chapter for today.