Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

The Cozy Cafe

I was sitting in the little, cozy cafe down on fifth street. I had a cup of hot chocolate in my hands waiting for the rest of my tiny group to get here. The little bell on the top of the door chimed and I saw Ray, Mikey, and Frank came in because they lived really close together. They probably came together.

"Hey guys." I said getting up and hugging each of them.

"Hey Linda." They said in unison. They ordered drinks and we chatted while we waited for Monte to arrive.

"So, Frank how's life at the Way residence? Is Mikey here giving you any trouble? Because I can set him straight for you." I asked and Mikey laughed slightly wile Frank grinned.

"It's going pretty well. Gerard is really sweet."

"Sweet? He's a nightmare. I'm surprised I survived so long." Mikey said which made everyone else chuckle.

"Oh, he's not that bad." I said.

"Oh, he's that bad. He's absolutely terrible and moody. He's gotten better with Frank though, but he's become like super possessive, I guess, and brings home humans to torture every week."

"And he didn't do that before? He was always a little pissy with humans." Ray said. Mikey just nodded and sipped he's coffee.

The bell chimed again, and in came in our favorite fake blond. We all said our hellos, and after he ordered his drank we got back to our conversations about our lovely lives.

"So Linda, Max told Ronnie who told Robert who told me that your mom is in town. How's that going?" Monte asked. I groaned.

"Don't get me started on that blasted woman. Every waking moment just makes me hate her more, and to make it better she's living with us now."

"Wait, who's this woman we're talking about?" Ray asked.

"My lovely witch mother. Most well none in her witch name as Midnight Prowls." Everyone's face kinda had a look of shock besides Frank's.

"What's so important about her?" He asked. Everyone's shocked look than transformed to him.

"You don't know who that is?" Mikey asked, and Frank shook his head.

"I knew you didn't know a lot about vampire life, but even most humans know that name." Ray said.

"What? Why would everyone know her name more than any other witch?" Franks asked.

"She is known as the sole vampire slayer left. She has more kills than most witches now a days combined." Monte said.

"Yeah, a couple months ago, she got a whole group together and killed a clan over in France that had than outnumbered five to one." Ray said.

"But they have magic on their side." Mikey pointed out.

"Okay, okay, enough about my terrible mother. Everyone hates her I know. She literally has almost died in my house about four times because Oli just hates her so much." I sighed.

"Fine, fine." They all said.

The conversations changed from Bob being anti social and Ray explaining that he isn't he just saves all the social for home, to Robert never taking off his sunglasses, to Gerard needing a hair cut, to why Shawn walks around blind half the time because he hates his glasses. Then it changed to Oli.

"So, Oli is a class one dom?" Monte asked.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

"I knew he was scary didn't thank he was that scary." Frank said. I nodded.

"How do you even become a class one dom?" Mikey asked.

"I have no idea." I admitted.

"I think they like take a taste or something that says how much pain they can cause to how many humans in like a certain amount of time. All I know is that the ones that are class one, is that the minute they graduate they get a million job offers, but they usually don't take them." Ray piped up.

"Why don't they take them?" Mikey asked.

"They usually start their own company. The top six torture industries in the world right now were started by class ones." Ray explained.

"Wait, let's make a bet now. Who thinks that Oli will start his own industry? I got twenty bucks that he won't." Monte said.

"Why do you always have to start bets? You started one about how long it would take for Ronnie to kill a human after he was mated with Max because you were bored." I said.

"Are you in or not?" He asked.

"I'm in." I sighed. It was an easy way to either lose or gain some quick cash.

"I got twenty that he will." I said.

"Twenty that he will, and it will become a huge success." Ray said.

"What about you Frank?" Monte asked.

"Hm, twenty on he will and Linda will get laid after he does." Frank said thoughtfully and everyone else snickered while I hit him on the arm.

"Hey! When did you become so bold? Gosh." I said.

"You know it's true." Frank said. I just shook my head while everyone else laughed at my misery.

We sat there and talked for like two more hours and ten more drinks before we decided we should get home and start dinner for a lovely lazy asses at home. Mikey, Ray, and Frank all came together, so they left first. Monte and I were waiting for someone to come pick us up because we both couldn't drive, not that we even wanted to.

"So, how's Robert doing?" I asked.

"Pretty good. He's a lot more chill now that I moved in with him, and he can have like full dom control of whatever. I think it was unnerving for him to know that his mate was leaving by himself for a long time before I could rightfully move in." Monte's parents died a year and a half ago, so he lived by himself because he was already old enough and the mating ceremony was not too long from them.

"I would suppose so. He was always protective of you, even before you accepted him as your mate."

"True, but aren't all doms like that really? I mean, Ronnie walked to and from school every day with Max when Max's house was like a thirty minute walk out of his way, and he wasn't even dating Max then. They were just friends."

"Yeah, but they were madly in love with each other, but wouldn't tell the other. Oli wasn't like that. I mean I didn't even talk until a week before the ceremony, and it was only because he saved me from a beating." Monte laughed at this.

"What?" I asked clearly confused.

"That wasn't the only time he protected you, or at least was possessive."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, almost every single day a new human was beat to a bloody pulp because of something they did or said about you. I remember one guy muttered under his breath when we walked past, at the end of the day, he was hung from the flag pole."

"I didn't know that." I said shocked. I didn't even think that Oli thought about me before the day of the fight.

"Well, my ride is here, but when you get home ask him. There's a lot of things you guys don't know about each other. Him more than you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta freaking da