Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

Kidnapping What Shouldn't Be Touched

"So, Monte told me something interesting today." I said while Oli and I were walking home. He left the bike at the house, and decided to just walk here.

"Oh, what was that, love?" he asked putting his arm around my shoulders.

"That you used to beat up humans because of me."

"Well, of course I did. You're my mate." He said it like it was obvious.

"No, no, like before we were mated, even before we talked to each other."

"I know. I was talking about that, too. I knew you were my mate since the first day of English class."

"Then why didn't you say anything?" I asked shocked.

"I don't know. You were never really that interested, I guess. You were too busy rapped uup in making sure everyone else was happy that it seemed you didn't want to be happy yourself. So, I thought it would be best to wait it out."

"Didn't that make you unhappy?"

"I'm happy when you're happy." He said.

"That's a little messed up."

"Yeah, but it's romantic. So, just take it." He said.

We walked up to the house, and he unlocked the door so we could get inside. There was something really off in the house right now. I can't really describe it, but there was a weird feeling in the room that isn't supposed to be there.

"You feel it, too?" Oli asked looking around the house for what ever was causing this strange sensation.

"Yeah. It's familiar. I just can't place it."

It was an overwhelming feeling, like one that could easily suffocate you. I only ever felt this when I was angry, and my magic wasn't under control. That was it! It was magic, but it was too much for Midnight to produce on her own.

I walked towards the kitchen where it felt the strongest to me, but Oli tried to follow. I put my hand on his chest to stop him, and he gave me a questioning look.

"It's magic. The second you walk in there, they will try to kill you." I said.

"I'm not going to let you walk in there alone. I can handle myself. Remeber? I'm a class one." He replied.

"I know, but i don't want you to get hurt. You haven't fought witches before. Jst stay here, and I'll bake you a pie or something."

"I don't like pie."

"Just stay here, please." I said trying to pull off my best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, but if she hurts you in any way, I'm going to rip her apart."

I stalked towards the kitchen where there was five witches that were famous for killing vampires with Midnight sitting there in the center. They had plans out on the table. Papers were everywhere. There was a map of the twon with a circle in the bottom right hand corner, and there was another map that I could tell was my school. If they are planning what I think they are planning, Oli will have to wait in line to kill them.

"What are you doing, Midnight?" I asked through gritted teeth.

Their magic reacted faster then their bodies. It hit me with as much as they could give right now, but it wasn't that much in all honest. I could easily defend against it. One thing Midnight should've learned is you don't want to teach someone you will end up fighting against one day.

"I thought you weren't going to home later." Midnight replied while the others scurried to hide their plans.

"I'll ask you again. What the fuck do you think you are doing creating a plan about killing vampires in my god damn house? Because the vampires in my school are a lot tougher than they appear, and their parents are quite notorious for being ruthless. I'm sure you wouldn't want to have to deal with that kind of trouble" I snarled. The window flew open because of my anger. I didn't try to stop it. They would think I'm someong they shouldn't mess with if I just let it fly.

"We are fully capable of killing vampires." One of the witches said. My eyes snapped to her.

"Dear Midnight, do these witches know about your past in this town?" I asked.

"No, they don't, and I would like to keep it that way."

"I don't care what you want, but I do want all of you to leave and never come back to this house or counrty for that matter as long as you are alive." I growled.

"We have a plan to fufill, and we need your help." She said.

"My help? You really think that I'm going to help you? I know every single vampire on this half of the state, and they all treat me a lot better than your little pets over here. How in the world did you think I was going to agree to this?"

"We were going to black mail you with the person you hold very close to your heart. You will figure it out soon. We want in answer by Thursday." She said before they all got up and left.

I heard a snarl and then the front door open and close.

"What did they want?" Oli asked walking into the kitchen.

"She has some stupid plan that she needs my help with."

"Why would she think you would help her?" He asked confused.

"She says she has black mail on me. Something about the person I hold close to my heart, and you're standing right in front of me, so it isn't you."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment, and since it isn't me who could it be? Because I'm the one you hold closest to your heart." He said smugly, wrapping an arm around my neck.

"It obviously isn't you, dumbass, but I have no idea who it could be."

"Well, it isn't me. She doesn't know any of your friends. I doubt it would be your dad. So, who else?"

A person I hold close to my heart. It hit me like a ton of bricks falling from the sky. The person I hold closest. No, she wouldn't take him. She couldn't. He was the only family I really had left. He was the only one who was there for me when I started to get powers or when I found about Oli. We were there for each other through thick and thin.

I sprinted as fast as I could, ignoring Oli's cries to stop. I ran across the street faster than I thought I could. Angry tears were brimming in my eyes, and I didn't care that cars were going to and fro.

I screamed and pounded on the dorr in front of me. He had to be here. He had to be. She couldn't take him, not him. The door wasn't opening, but my emotions were already unstable. The door flew off the hinges, and I ran inside.

"Max! Max! Where are you?!" I screamed over and over agian.

"Max! You have to be here! Max!" I screamed. The tears were blurring my vision, and the wind was picking up outside.

Ronnie came running through the front door with Oli not two steps behind him. Ronnie grabbed me by the shoulders to try and get me to calm down.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"Where is he? Where is Max? He's with you right. He has to be with you." I stammered.

"No, he was here when I left the house. Why? What's wrong?"

"Th-they. . .they took him! They took Max." I said.

"Who took him? Where is he?" He said showing concern for his mate.

"The witches. They took him to get to me."

"Where the fuck are they?" He asked his temper flaring.

"I don't know. They had a map with a circle on it and a map of the school. He could be anywhere."

"We have to find him."

"Ronnie, calm down. You need to be thinking rationally if you want to have a chance of finding Max." Oli said trying to calm his apparent anger.

"Rationally?! I can't think rationally! They have my mate! You wouldn't be any better right now, so don't tell me to calm down."

"Linda, is there any way you can find him through your magic or something?" Oli asked me.

"I think there is a way." I replied.

"Look, Ronnie, just let her try using magic, but she can't have you running around town ripping everything apart."

"What if it doesn't work?" He asked.

"Then we will find the bitches and rip them limb from limb until they tell us where he is."

That was a plan we could all get behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, shortish but with a major cliffhanger, and I know you all want them to kill Midnight because she is a major bitch. So, spell check isn't working and apologize if there is any errors, and my computer crashed and it just got fixed. That is why this is late. I will start updating more, and hopefully this new twixt will keep you interested.

Team Tyler