Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

I Will Survive

I was going insane. This couldn't be happening. We saved him. We almost saved him I had to remind myself. He wasn't safe yet.

This was all my fault. I knew that for a fact. It was all my fault, all of it. I shouldn't be here. Midnight should have killed me when I was little so none of this would have had to happen.

I paced the blank halls. A feeling of death surrounded me. The hospital was never a good place to be. The sterile atmosphere made me want to scream, and the fact that multiple doctors came up to me for medical attention didn't help.

I didn't need help right now. The bleeding from my sides would go away soon, and my vision was practically back to normal. The black spots and blurriness was gone. I knew I had fractured ribs, and they couldn't help that. The only thing that would help me right now was knowing that Max was okay. That we saved him. We had to save him.

"Linda, the doctors are saying you won't let them help you." Oli said walking up to me. All the other vampires were in the waiting room. They had gotten here not an hour after us. They needed to take care of some. . . business.

I wasn't in the waiting room though. I was in the entrance leading to the surgery rooms where Max would be. I wanted to be the first to receive news when it came.

Ronnie was with him. I wasn't allowed, even though I was family. He was his mate, so they couldn't really not let him in. Even if they did, that wouldn't be able to find restraints strong enough to hold Ronnie back.

"I'm fine. Just a few scratches." I mumbled continuing to pace down the narrow hallway.

"You are not fine. You need to get some help. Everyone else has already seen a doctor for injuries less drastic than yours. I don't think Max would want to see you die after all the effort you put in for him." He said grabbing my shoulders. I sighed. He wasn't going to let this go, no matter how much I tried to tell him otherwise.

"Fine." I mumbled.

He whisked e away to a room in another corridor. I didn't pay much attention to where we were going. I jut kept replaying the fight in my head to try and remember how Max could have gotten hurt.

"Linda." Oli said trying to bring me out of my trance.

"What?" I snapped.

"You need to lift your shirt, so the doctor can put in some stitches. He said it three times." He said back firmly.

I glared at the doctor in front of me. I didn't want to be in this situation, and I don't think that the little fertile doctor wanted it either.

Fertiles don't get hurt the way I was right now, and even if they did, they wouldn't pass it off like it was nothing. I was special I guess.

The doctor proceeded to stitch together my torn flesh. It stung, but other than that, I was fine. He cleaned up all the other wounds I might have had, and then prescribed me a medication for the pain I would be experiencing.

"I don't need it." I grumbled.

"Linda, just take the damn prescription." Oliver said sternly.

"I'll be fine. I don't want pain medication messing with the way I think."

"This medication is only known to have those side effects in humans. You should only be having pain relief and maybe some drowsiness." The doctor butted in. I shot him a quick glare.

"I. Don't. Need. It."

"Just give it to me. I overrule your authority anyways. Thank you doctor." Oli said grabbing the slip of paper before drug me out of the room.

"That wasn't necessary." I said to him.

"Yes, it was. All you can think about right now is Max. You need to worry about yourself a little, too."

"I'm not the one who was kidnapped because of my half-witch cousin and then ended up in the hospital because of it." I spat.

"No, you're just the one who saved his life and was practically bleeding to death in the middle of a hall way because you were worrying about him too much. He'll be fine. You know he will." He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"How do you know?" I whispered.

"I just know, okay? So, calm down. You don't want to have a panic attack in the hospital do you?" He asked. I shoke my head and gave him a hug. It was my way of thanking him for calming me down the tiniest bit.

He hugged me back, and we waled back to the waiting room. Everyone was talking now. They were all completely silent a second ago.

"What's going on?" I asked worried. They got news. They had to have. It was bad wasn't it? He wasn't going to make it was he? My heart seemed to stop, and breathing became impossible.

"Ronnie just came by. They're in room 302. He said you should be the first visitor." Monte explained. I nodded my head and all but broke into a sprint to where ever the room was.

I didn't care if people thought I was crazy fro doing this. I didn't care if Oli wasn't following me. I didn't care if my friends never felt the same about me ever again. I didn't care if I ever had friends again. I didn't even care if Max hated me after this. As long as he was safe, I would be okay with it all.

I scanned all of the rooms almost running into patients and doctors alike. They screamed at me, and i just ignored it. They weren't important.

I finally found the room and nearly knocked the door down.

"Linda?" A hoarse voice croaked.

I spun around and saw the voice was Max's. I wanted to cry I was so happy. Never mind wanted to, I need. I started crying like a baby. I ran over to the bed and grabbed him in the biggest bear hug I have ever given.

He was okay! He was okay! I couldn't believe it! I was thrilled to say the least. My little cousin was okay.

"I'm so, so sorry." I mumbled over and over again.

"It wasn't your fault." He said with little breathe. Whoops.

"It is though. I'm the reason you're like this." I said pulling back.

He was a ghostly kind of pale. His hair was matted to his face, and he was clutching his side tightly. He looked almost dead, like he should be at least.

"No, you're the reason I'm till alive. She would've killed me if you hadn't come." He argued.

"Why wouldn't we have come?" I asked confused.

"Thought you would be smart and come up with a plan, but no, you guys just had to storm the castle." He chuckled. I tried to smile. This didn't seem that funny to me.

"What happened to you? I turned around and you were on the ground." I asked.

"I don't really know. I saw you talking to Midnight after the fight was pretty much over. She looked at me really quick, and I felt a knife in my side. I mean all she did was look at me and not even for that long!"

I wanted to growl, to do something that showed my obvious anger towards the woman. But, I didn't want to scare Max. He was fragile right now.

"Where's Ronnie? I thought he would be attached to you side the entire time you are here."

"Oh, he's talking to some doctor. They're discussing stuff that I don't really understand, so I told them that they could step out. Where's Oli? I thought he would be with you the entire time, too."

"I think I out ran him a floor and a half ago." I said. Max just laughed and regretted it a second later when he started to clutch his side.

"So, what happens now?" He asked me.

"Now? Well, now Midnight Prowls is going to see the true power of an angry dom."

Yes, she would. She would see thousands of years of torturing success. She was going to die, and it wasn't going to be pleasant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun, dun, dunnnn. Here you go! The moment you all were waiting for!
Team Tyler