Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

He Knows

I was still fuming by the time I got back to my own house. How could she do that to him? My own cousin! She had once called him her own family, but that was a long time ago. I need to start remembering that again. She wasn't who she was. I didn't really know who she was at all. She gave birth to me, that's all I knew. Everything after that was a mystery to me.

No, wait; it wasn't a mystery to me. She was an evil witch who tried to kill my family! She deserved what was coming to her. Max is a fertile. She knew the consequences of messing with him. I'm sure Oli and Ronnie are having a blast right now.

I walked in the door, and it was silent. The basement is sound proofed, but the door was open. She was one strong bitch if she didn't scream. She must have been tortured for nearly two hours at this point. Oli probably doing most of it because he had the most knowledge, and Ronnie left the hospital when I was with Max not an hour before.

My footsteps were the loudest thing as I walked down the steps of impending doom. It was still silent. It stayed that way, too.

I saw them then, the two pissed doms and the dying witch. They were pissed enough to kill her tonight, but they weren't that stupid. I could tell from her opened eyes she had vampire blood in her veins by now. That would be torture enough now.

There wasn't that much damage to her yet. Burns, bruises, and slices of missing skin were all around her exhausted looking body, but other than that, there were no appendages messing of intestines on the floor. They were taking their time I see.

"Boys, go take a break." I said. They both noticed me then. Ronnie had a knife in his hand, and Oli was stabbing her with a needle. "This shouldn't take long," I continued, "You can finish then."

"Fine by us. She isn't that much fun right now anyways." Oli said dropping the needle onto the metal table with a loud clanging noise. Ronnie following suite with the knife.

I quickly kissed my bloodied mate as they walked by, and I informed Ronnie on Max's resting state. He has been so paranoid these past few days. It was really messing with my powers, but there was that one second of relief after I told him. It made it worth it almost.

Lazily, I walked around the table the woman was lying on. Each of her limbs was restrained. Her eyes still had a fire burning in them. This wasn't over in her mind. it was in everyone else's, but in her, there was a price she needed to settle.

"You brought this upon yourself." I whispered softly.

"I did nothing, only trying to make the world a better place." She spat. It sounded pathetic coming from a woman tied to a table.

"How were you making it better? By killing the people you once claimed to love? Oh wait, you are incapable of love." I replied, waving my hand. I didn't raise my voice, and I didn't stop moving around the place she lied. I didn't want to give her the idea that she was getting to me because she wasn't.

"I'm killing those retched creatures. Don't you see what they have done to you?! A witch would never sentence her own mother to torture, but a vampire would!" Her method was not nearly as subtly as mine.

"They have done nothing to me, Midnight. I am just the person you a made me, and I did not sentence you. You did it to yourself. You should have known the plan wasn't going to work."

"I did not make you this way! I taught you to be strong, to be loyal! I did not teach you to be a spineless, back-stabbing leech!" She yelled.

I stopped. I stopped dead in my tracks. How dare she say that about my people! How dare she say that about me! How strong did she think she was? She was the most powerful witch at one point, but now, she was just a woman being tortured. She was nothing now.

I chuckled. "You taught me nothing, you bitter witch. Don't you remember? The only time you have ever taught me anything useful was my magic, but even that you wanted to use for your own personal gain. You talk about how bad the vampires are. How they betray everyone they can, and how they are incapable of showing mercy or compassion. It is quite amusing really. That, in truth, you are describing yourself."

"I have never betrayed anyone I loved!" She screamed, fighting against her restraints. It didn't work.

"Really?!" I screamed, "No one at all? Let us go back shall we? You loved my father, didn't you?"

There was no reply.

"DIDN"T YOU?!" I yelled throwing my magic at her.

"Yes." She replied weakly.

"You think that when you left him alone after years of being his mate wasn't betraying him? You cared for me at one point in time, unless my memories are a lie, and you left me as well. I also remember some nasty words being thrown in there.

Hell, you killed my mate's family because you knew he was going to be my mate. Then you had the nerve to come back here! You taught me my magic thinking I would be so thankful that I would help you in your little plan to destroy the vampire kind, and when I didn't, you took my closest friend, my only family. That betrayed me as well as his uncle, but you don't remember your mate that much, do you?

Now, if you really think that this wasn't betrayal, I can't argue with you, but know this. You are nothing more than the words you like to call vampires. You are the one bringing death upon the world. I have done nothing to increase your sentence of punishment in any way. This is the vampire law, and trust me when I say, Oli and Ronnie are only the beginning. Anyone who cares about Max is allowed to stop by, including his father. He has a big price to pay since you destroyed his brother's life." I said.

There was a silence. "What did I do to you?" Midnight whispered after a moment.

"You did absolutely nothing." I replied. I guess I had a price to settle, too, and once it was, I left.

I didn't need to stay with her any longer. I went down there to try to talk sense in her. yes, I was angry with her, but she was my mother. But the words she said made me remember why I hated her to begin with. I will never call her my family, but she will always be my mother. That I could not change, and it killed me inside.

I had been so emotionally drained over these fast days. I couldn't handle the stress anymore. Honestly, I didn't know how I got this far to begin with. It was too much now.

Mist appeared over my eyes, and for the first time since I left my father, I cried. It wasn't the single tears falling down my face in a disturbing, pain filled silence. No, it was the falling in my knees with my head in my hands, sobbing like an immense sadness had washed over my entire body trying to suffocate me. I couldn't handle this. I don't think anyone could.

Oli was at my side instantly. Time barely had time to move. It was in hyper speed for him, but it stopped for me. I wasn't made for this. I wasn't supposed to be sobbing over my bitch of a mother in my mate's cradling arms. I was made to be locked up in an insane asylum with nothing but my own mind to keep my company. My powers were supposed to overwhelm me by now. They were supposed to consume my every waking thought, causing me to slip into a coma and fall into the abyss of nothingness. I wasn't made for a life of happiness and anger and emotion.

"Shh, Linda, you're okay. Everything is fine now. You're safe. We're okay." Oli whispered to try and calm me down.

It was amazing he was still here. I ignored him in the beginning. I hated him nearly. He had to do with the refusal of everything. This was the second time he came to my rescue. I fought too much for a guy like him. I didn't settle enough. He was too rested.

He was perfect for me. He was everything I couldn't be. He felt the emotions I couldn't. He helped show me I could feel them, too. It hit me like a ton of breaks then. I loved him. I loved the man that has never let me down. There was always the gnawing feeling in the back of my head that there was something more than just a high school romance here, but this was the first time I felt honest, unmerciful love.

The sobbing died down eventually. I stayed there though. I didn't want to have to put back my walls right now. The walls that created a perfect illusion of strength and stability could stay down for a little while longer. I wasn't like that. I was scared, terrified even, and I needed people's help. That was the true me, but I couldn't show that part of me. That couldn't ever be me, not the one I showed to people at least.

"Are you okay now?" Oki asked, looking for the answer in my puffy, red face.

"I'm fine." I replied, wiping stray tears from my eyes.

"Are you sure? What happened?" He asked with concern clear in his voice.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I replied nonchalantly.

"Linda, tell me what's wrong." It wasn't a question.

"This is all just a little too much. It's happening too fast for me to keep up with." I answered honestly.

"It's over now though. So you have nothing to worry about anymore. Everything is going to turn out all right." He said.

"Thank you, Oli." I said, caressing his face.

"For what, love?"

"Being strong when I wasn't. I love you." I said without wavering. I meant the words I said.

A look of shock came over his face for a brief second, but it was quickly erased with a smile, no, a grin.

"I love you, too." He replied and kissed me. And, he kissed me like he meant it. Whew, I remembered why I kept up with his bull shit now.

"Hey, guys. This is really touching and all, and I'm happy for you. But I'm going to interrupt now." A voice said from the side of us.

We broke apart and there standing was Robert and Monte. Monte was obviously the one who spoke.

"What do you want at a time like this?" Oli groaned, getting off of the floor and pulling me with him.

"The like elders or some high up people like that came by saying they wanted to personally congratulate you for catching Midnight Prowls at some banquet thing later this week. Here's the paper." Monte said handing it over.

"You had to stop us for a paper? Really?" Oli asked annoyed.

"Not really. I just like to piss you off." Monte said smugly.

"I feel bad for you Robert." Oli said snidely. Monte stuck his tongue out at that.

"Now, now, boys, don't get into a fight." I said motherly.

They both humped.

"Oh yeah, Linda, your dad called." Robert said.

Oh shit, he knows she's here, and he's going to want to talk to her. We're so screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not dead. It's a miralce! But, seriously, sorry for it being like two months after the last one.
Team Tyler