Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

What's That Smell

I could barely think at all on the way home. I can't believe Oliver said he wanted me, as his fertile, me. This wasn't happening!

I saw the conditions Frank was living in and decided that I would definitely have to force his mate upon him soon so he could get out of this dump. Frank seemed strange the entire car ride too, and you could tell he was physically shaking when he walked to his door. I didn't know if it was what was behind the door or if it was because of what he had found out earlier.

Ronnie, Max, and me then went to Max's house. Seeing as none of us wanted to go home. I always spent the afternoon with Max though, but lately Ronnie has been coming more and more. I think he just wants to get as much of Max's attention as he can before the mating ceremony. Oh crap! That mating ceremony! I groaned and slumped on the couch I was sitting on in Max's living room.

"What's with the attitude change?" Max asked. He was sitting next to Ronnie on the love seat and quite close if I might add.

"Mating ceremony, next week, just remembered."

"Oh shit you're right!" Max exclaimed. Ronnie just started smiling. "What are you all excited about it?"

"Why wouldn't I be excited about I get to tell my mate that he's mine and mine alone." Ronnie replied. It was a good answer honestly but Max just scrunched his face in confusion.

"You already know who your mate is?"

"Yeah I mean it's common for doms to find out before fertiles, so I've known for a while."

"Wait would do you mean doms find out before us?" I asked.

"Well, each fertile has a different smell. You guys can't really notice it on yourselves. You think you all smell the same. Well, you don't, and doms can tell. We really don't care about everyone else's smell but when you smell your mate they smell like I don't know how to explain it really. But they smell a lot better than anything else even better than your favorite blood. And then when you find that perfect smell you can look for the other signs, and eventually they will notice. But if they don't there is always the mating ceremony to force each other together."

"So who is your perfect smell?" Max asked and I rolled my eyes. Ronnie looked anywhere other than Max.

"I can't tell you."

"Aww, why not Ronnie? We're like best friends."

"Well, you might tell them and I don't think that they would enjoy that just coming out of the blue like that. And on that note I have to go. I gotta do something at home before my parents get back." Then Ronnie left.

Max seemed kinda depressed once Ronnie left and being the great cousin I am I had to pry about it.

"You seem down in the dumps." I said while flipping upside down with my feet over the top of the couch.

"I'm fine just thinking about the ceremony."

"Worried about who you're going to get matched with?"

"Yeah."

"Don't be. I know who you will be matched with and you will love him. I promise."

"Yeah well I may love him in the future but the person I love now I won't get matched with."

"Maxie has a crush and I didn't know about it? I'm hurt that you didn't tell me Max, and besides I think you will love this person more."

"I doubt it."

"Just tell me who it is and I can tell you who you will love more."

"Don't wanna."

"Max, you are being childish besides I can always find out on my own." With that I got up and grabbed his hand. He tried to pull away but it didn't work. I read his future and stuff that I do to pry into people's minds.

"Oh my god! You're in love with Ronnie!"

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Fine! I'm in love with him. What about it?" He threw his arms up and I smiled.

"You'll be fine Max nothing to worry about. Unlike me." I muttered the last part.

"What do you mean?"

"I found out who my mate is supposedly."

"Who is it?"

"Oliver Sykes." I muttered.

"WHAT?! You're mating with Oliver Sykes?!"

"Yeah, and there is no need to scream I'm right here."

"I know but still, and don't worry I'll be at your funeral."

"Thanks Max." I sighed, but he was right I would rather die than be mated Edith Oliver Sykes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three chapters in one day and already have a subscriber. I feel loved