Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

Witch's Blood

I left Max's house and walked home. I was supposed to wait for one of his parents to drive me home, but I couldn't just wait in that coped up space. I passed a park and saw someone sitting on the swing. Wait a second, I would know that black mop of hair anywhere. I sat on the swing beside him and he looked over. He seemed concerned about something.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He replied.

There was a long silence after that. Not one of those uncomfortable silences that seemed to stretch on into oblivion, but one that just seemed like the two people had a lot on their minds, and we did. I didn't know what his was about but I knew that everything was still swimming in my mind. Everything seemed so strange today. I mean Frank was a fertile, and I knew everything there was to know about him and his life, Max and Ronnie are in love and everyone knows but each other, Oliver seemed to think I was his mate, and to top it off my lovely powers were making me feel everyone's emotions today.

"Gerard can you please calm down? Your paranoia is making my head heart."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't know about my powers?" He shook his head. "That's weird. I assumed one of the fertiles would've told you."

"It's rare for fertiles to get special powers, it's usually the doms." He said, and I laughed. He looked over at me and I started to swing.

"It's not a vampire power Gerard. It's from my mom's side of the family. Have you ever heard of the Lindsey Covil, or at least her witch name Midnight Prowls?" He nodded. "Well that's my mom, so I have all of her wonderful family's witch powers in my vampire body." I jumped off the swing and landed swiftly on my feet.

"But the last I heard she was attacking a vampire clan in Europe somewhere." He said.

"Really? Didn't know that. All I know is that she left two years after I was born and I haven't seen her since. Not that I care she put my dad through all this crap, so I could care less about her." He just nodded. This boy was getting on my nerves.

"Gerard, tell me what's wrong I can help."

"It's nothing just thinking." I stared at him, like really stared. Doms weren't used to fertiles being defiant so this was probably strange to him. I didn't care I just kept staring.

"It's nothing just something that happened at school, so please stop staring at me it's weird." He said after a good two minutes.

"It works doesn't it? So what happened at school?"

"Nothing there was this human getting beat up, and I had this weird feeling to help him. I don't know it was freaky, I mean I've never cared about humans before and now this kid is making me feel weird." He explained.

"Hmm, I think you're talking about Frank, and I would hope you wanted to help him because he isn't human. He's a fertile, just a charmed one." He looked up in shock. "It's okay I mean, I thought he was human when I first met him too, and don't worry I took care of the guys who beat him up. They should be being tortured as we speak."

"By who?" He asked.

"Oliver Sykes."

"Oli, oh man they're goners." I nodded.

"Look I gotta get home. You want a walking buddy?"

"Yeah. I can't just let a fertile walk home by themselves anyways."

"Oh you and your silly dom rules."

We started to walk back to my house, chatting along the way. Nothing really important just like things about classes that we hated, our stupid math homework, the weather, things like that. It was nice it got my mind off things and Gerard was calm during the walk, so I felt calm seeing as no other feelings were mixing with mine.

We got to my house and my dad was already home waiting for me. I said my farewells to Gerard and told him I would see him in school tomorrow. I walked in my house and my dad was sitting at the table. He didn't look up when I walked in, so I just walked into the kitchen to start dinner.

The rest of the night was silent, and not the nice type of silence like with Gerard, like the silence where I always tried to find something to say but knew he would never talk back. My dad and I never talked anymore. That's why I spent all my time anywhere besides here. I would love to have a job, so I wouldn't have to be at home but when I suggested this to him he got so angry he stormed out of the house. I never got that job.

After a silent dinner, silent cleaning, and doing my homework at the table in dead silence, just like every other night. I started to lose it. I stormed upstairs and turned on any music I had at the highest volume. It was so loud I'm sure the neighbors could hear every signal line. It turned out to be a Sum 41 CD. The lyrics screamed at me.

Take my breath away, I don't need it anyway
'Cause I'm fine here in my old forgotten world
where I can be myself, left with the hand I'm dealt
It's hard to get a grip when you're holding onto something
you just let slip away


I started crying and realized I was being an idiot. Why do I care anymore? Everything I have will just be taken away from me anyways. I mean once all my friends go to the mating ceremony no one will care about me anymore; it will only be about their mates. My dad already hates me. I can see it in his eyes. Every time he looks at me he sees her, his mate, the one who left him with me. I was the problem if I wasn't born she would still be here. If I wasn't born the silence wouldn't be deafening.

I suddenly became angry. My life is a mess, and I don't care because it wasn't my fault. It was that stupid bitch of a mother I had. That and the universe. The wind picked up in my room and things started spinning. I cried harder and the wind picked up again. Things were being knocked off the shelves, posters ripped off the walls, and I heard someone throw my door open. My dad was standing there looking shocked at the power that was pouring out of my pores, and when I saw that I got angrier. Much angrier.

I could feel something boiling inside of me. An anger, a fury, that I didn't know I had, and that I couldn't control. Suddenly the room stopped. Everything started getting faster and my tears blurred my vision. Things started to be lifted into the air. I then heard a growl rip through the room and I saw a blurry figure push my father out of the way. The figure ran towards me and grabbed me.

"Calm down, Linda. Calm down. You're fine. Every thing's okay. Calm down. Come on calm down, Linda." He kept muttering over and over. Suddenly everything stopped. It froze, everything. In mid air it all just stopped. Then everything fell to the floor in one big clatter of Cd's and posters and blankets, everything. I fell to the floor and kept crying. The lyrics kept playing.

Here with my old friend, the silence in the end
And it rings so loud that I cannot pretend
If I just close my eyes and ask a thousand whys
Will it change or stay the same? Will it ever go away?
The question still remains


I kept sobbing and the person tried to calm me down. They pulled me closer to them, and I grabbed their shirt in desperation. He kept muttering for me to calm down, and eventually the sobs stopped and I could see properly. I looked up and saw Oliver. He was glaring over at my dad. My dad was still standing at the door looking shocked at my disastrous room. I got up and pushed Oliver's arms away from me. I quickly packed a bag.

"I'm staying at Max's tonight." I muttered leaving the house with Oliver following me. I walked to Max's house with Oliver next to me the entire time. When we got there, I took my key out and opened the door. I looked to see Oliver still standing there.

"Um, thanks Oliver, for helping me back there and like calming down. I probably would've' destroyed the house if you didn't calm me down." I muttered looking at the floor.

"Don't worry about it. It's my job, and please call me Oli." He said.

"Uh, well thanks again . . Oli." He nodded and walked off. I walked inside and was immediately welcomed by Max and his family. This was my real home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the song in the chapter that I used. Happiness Machine by Sum 41