Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

Promises and Deals

The night was pretty normal for a couple standards I guess. We talked for a while I learned quite a bit about Oli. Like he has a nervous habit of running his fingers through his hair, and his favorite color was blue just for the fact that it reminded him of the ocean in England. I tried to stay off the topic of myself, but of course he pried and found out small things about me.

When it was finally time to go to sleep, it became slightly awkward. We were both laying on our back in his king sized bed. Neither of us said anything, just trying to get to the peaceful place of slumber that let you escape from reality for a short amount of time.

I felt his fingers dance across the skin on the inside of my wrist and then lace with fingers. I looked at him and he was staring at the ceiling. I knew he wanted more from me, as a mate or something. I knew he just wanted more. It must be killing him. To know about your mate all this time and couldn't do anything about. Vampires had this pull to be with their mate but I wasn't completely vampire. I didn't have that pull, but he did and since I had been avoiding him basically the entire year the pull could make him go into a depression like my dad's.

I let go of his hand and saw his eyes have a flicker of hurt in them. I had only let go of his hand in order to snuggle into his chest. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me. No one would have to know. This could be our little secret. Besides, that was some of the past sleep I ever got.

**********Morning***********


I rode to school on Oli's bike after I got to sleep in for an extra half an hour because I didn't have to walk to school, which was nice. He walked me to my home room and kissed my temple before walking to his class. Some of the kids in my class shifted away from me while I walked to me seat. I already had a reputation of the meanest fertile in school but now I was mated with the scariest dom in school. If they saw us last night they wouldn't have thought that anymore.

Home room went quickly like always, and Fertile health was a bore. All we talked about was 'pleasuring your dom' which sucked, and the fact that Max was totally zoned out the entire time. By the time it was math, I had already hit Max on the head for not listening. Math was interesting all the new mates were sitting next or near each other. Gerard had even threw a guy out of the seat in front of Frank because he couldn't throw me out of my seat next to him. The human was about to protest but a quick growl from Gerard quieted him. Frank was madly blushing the entire math class.

When it came time for the partner work I had to force Gerard to go work with his previous partner because I quote 'Frank may be your mate but he is all mine for the next hour'. Frank seemed a bit on edge.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah just it's so different. I mean I moved in with Gerard yesterday and I haven't spoken a word to him in my entire life."

"Yeah it's a little over whelming, but I promise you you and Gerard will be so happy together. Just give it time."

"How do you know though?" He asked.

"Frank, I'm a witch. I know everything. So just relax and let it happen, okay?"

"Fine, but only if you promise me something." He said.

"What?"

"You have to do the same with Oliver."

"Wait, what?"

"We're kinda in the same boat, I guess. I mean you are in the vampire world when you aren't a vampire, and I thought I wasn't a vampire until recently. So I mean we both really needed a mate, but we kinda got one." I nodded and went back to work. It made sense for both of us but it didn't mean I would accept it.

It turns out in history Oli was right. I did get the people wrong making the rest get screwed up. Lunch was next and my table emerged with the dom table, so we could sit with our mates. Although Oli was no where in sight. I glanced out the window and saw Oli under a tree outside. Oh course he would chose to be alone. I then made a split second decision to join him just for the fact he seemed lunch less and I had one. I was getting up when Max noticed me leaving.

"Where ya' going?" He asked.

"Going to sit with my anti social mate outside. Want to come?" He looked over at Ronnie who seemed to agree and they tagged along. We walked outside and I immediately sat next to Oli. Ronnie and Max sat down and started eat again, and Ronnie had his arm slung around Max's shoulders. I got out a bottle of blood and handed it to Oli.

"You need it more than I do." I said.

"Thanks." He muttered.

The entire lunch we just sat and chatted about school and random things. Well by we, I mean Ronnie, Max, and me; Oli was being his quiet mysterious self. When lunch ended, Ronnie and Max walked off to their class holding hands. I smiled; they were a cute couple.

"You could be more social you know." I said to Oli.

"Why?"

"Because these people are going to be in my life constantly and now so are you apparently. And I don't want them thinking you're like a creeper who just sits there and stares at nothing."

"I talk to Ronnie."

"Yeah, but you got to talk to other people too. I have more than one friend you know."

"I'll make you a deal. I will be all social and stuff with your friends if and only if you let me walk you to all of your classes and we have to hold hands in the hall way." I groaned. He was kidding me.

"Since when do care about holding my hand?"

"Deal or no deal?" He asked. I thought about it, but I could sit with all my friends and have my mate along. I wouldn't look like a freak that hated their mate, and all I would have to do was hold his hand. That didn't seem too bad.

"Fine. Deal, but you have to sit with us at lunch, and come with me if I go over to anyone's house, plus you have to talk a little bit at least."

"Deal. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and walked to English.

It was a weird feeling. Not the hand hold thing I was completely comfortable with that, but the way people treated me with him. People literally ran out of the way in the hallway so they wouldn't have to meet his gaze or get in his way. These humans were terrified of him, and it wasn't just the humans I saw some doms give him weird looks which was strange as it is. I really should learn how tough this guy was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really should stop writing, but I probably won't. Ugh my weird obsessions.