Status: In progress

I See Sparks Fly Whenever You Smile

Fifty five.

Alex

When I got Brook in the house, I was surprised she didn't just collapse asleep on the kitchen floor when we stopped to play with the dogs for a bit.

"Alex," she gasped when I scooped her up in my arms and started walking toward my bedroom. "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking your tired ass to bed," I said, adjusting her weight in my arms.

"My hero," she mock-swooned, throwing her arms around my neck and sighing dramatically.

"Don't think I won't dump you right here in the hall," I threatened with a laugh.

"You won't," she challenged and I bounced her around in my arms a few times. "Try again," she said, shifting her body so she had her arms still around my neck and her legs wrapped tight around my middle.

I smiled, adjusting my grasp on her, my hands going underneath her butt to get a better grip.

Her eyes widened as I'd accidentally squeezed her ass.

"Sorry," I mumbled, stepping into my bedroom.

She laughed and leaned forward to kiss me. "Yeah. I'm sure you're so sorry," she rolled her eyes.

I smirked back, kissing her again. "You're right. I'm not sorry," I said, grabbing her ass again, a little harder this time.

"Okay," she squealed, reaching around with one hand and swapping my hands away. "Take it easy."

"Oh, look," I said, holding her above the bed. "You're home," I announced before I dropped her to the mattress with a light bounce.

Immediately Brook grabbed my hand and tugged on it until I fell down on top of her.

"This is nice," I said, stretching my body out over hers.

"Get off," Brook squealed, wriggling around under me.

"What? You pulled me down," I gasped.

She laughed. "I wanted you to lay next to me. Not on top of me."

"I like being on top of you," I said, kissing the corner of her mouth.

"Yeah?" she raised her eyebrow and I smiled. "Now that you mention it, it's not a terrible place to be," she said, her voice getting quiet before she pressed her lips lightly to mine.

We slowly fell into a rhythm of steady kissing over the next few minutes. It wasn't until Brook had been grinding her hips up into mine and I felt a hard-on growing in my shorts that I realized where this might be headed.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked Brook as her hands slipped under my shirt and tugged it over my head.

She shrugged, tossing my shirt away, a sleepy smile on her face. "I'll sleep when I'm dead, I guess," she said before crashing her lips back to mine.

Slowly our clothes began to litter my bedroom floor. I smiled as I slid Brook's jeans down her legs to reveal her wearing a pair of black and yellow Batman underwear.

"Did you know this would happen tonight?" I asked, gesturing to the underwear.

"I had hope," she said, a light blush spread across her cheeks.

I smiled a little bigger and leaned up to kiss her slowly. "I love you," I muttered into her mouth.

"Love you, too," she muttered back, her fingers wrapping around the waist band of my boxers, pushing them down.

"Should I be looking for condoms now?" I asked, once all of our clothing had been removed and thrown to the floor.

Brook shook her head. "No," she said, a little out of breath from all the kissing we'd been doing. "It's been long enough now. We're fine."

I nodded, quickly covering her lips with mine.

Each minute that passed fell into the following one and it was if nothing else existed in the world but Brook and I. That's what sex was for me with Brook. That's why I never wanted to force these moments with her. They needed to be real and natural and that's what made them so incredibly special. Before Brook, sex was just sex. Even with Lina when things were good, sex was just about getting off. I didn't care about the silly post-sex pillow-talk afterward - or the obnoxious cuddling - but with Brook, I looked forward to that shit. When we were apart, I yearned for it. I'd never felt like this before - I loved Brook more than I ever thought was possible and it didn't even scare me anymore.

"Alex?" Brook panted my name, dragging me from my thoughts. "What's the matter?" she asked. There was a sense of panic laced in her voice and I couldn't blame her. I had sort of stopped in the middle of what I was doing to get lost in my thoughts.

I shook my head, offering her a smile. "N-Nothing," I said, adjusting my body so I was holding myself over her.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

I nodded, leaning down and kissing her lips quickly. "I love you."

Her lips curved into a sleepy smile before they spoke the words "I love you, too."

We spent a little while longer kissing and taking turns exploring the most intimate parts of each other's bodies. And by the time I had myself held up above her again, Brook was almost begging for me to be inside of her. I loved that she finally had gotten comfortable with me where she didn't get embarrassed when throwing her inhibitions to the wind in the bedroom.

"Alex, please," Brook whimpered.

I kissed her pink, swollen lips lightly and slipped my hands into hers over her head before I slowly pushed myself passed her entrance.

She gasped at the new sensation and her legs wrapped around my waist. As was to be expected, we quickly fell into sync with each other, the movement of my hips matching the movement of hers.

"Brook," I sighed, a strangled moan escaping my throat as my knees buckled against the mattress and I felt myself ever-so-close to an orgasm.

"Not yet," Brook said breathlessly before wrapping her arms around my shoulders and flipping us over so she was in my lap.

"Shit," I hissed at the new sensation coursing through my body as Brook began to move her hips in slow circles.

She giggled slightly at my reaction before her lips covered mine and her arms went tightly around my neck. I placed my hands firmly on her hips to aid in her movements.

"I've missed this," Brook whispered, her forehead pressing into my shoulder as her breathing increased considerably.

"Me too," I agreed, fluttering light kisses along her bare shoulder before I cradled her body in my arms and flipped us over again. I wanted to finish this off the right way.

Pinning Brook's arms down against the pillow over her head, I leaned down and kissed her slowly. She eagerly kissed me back, her arms fighting against mine as she tried to embrace me.

"I love you," I said into the kiss as I pulled myself all the way out from Brook.

"I love you, too," she said before she whimpered in protest at the withdrawal of myself from herself.

I looked down at her, admiring just how beautiful she really was before I swiftly thrusted my hips forward, filling Brook completely with my erection.

A string of incredibly sex moans escaped Brook's lips as she continued to fight against my arms. Eventually I released her and she quickly wrapped her arms around my shoulders and her legs around my waist, pushing me just a bit deeper before my knees bucked the mattress again and I knew I was a goner.

Brook's eyes fluttered opened and closed a few times before they finally fell closed and she gently sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, maybe to suppress more of her moans as her orgasm began to overtake her body.

Only second later did my body follow suit and with one finally thrust of my hips, I released a warm sticky mess deep inside Brook while she softly called out my name.

"Holy crap," I sighed, collapsing down onto of Brook completely and resting my chin on her chest.

She smiled down at me, a sleepy, satisfied look on her face as her fingers immediately tangled in my sweaty hair. "That was definitely worth the wait."

I smiled back at her, leaning up and kissing her. "I couldn't agree more."
*****

Brook

"Everything is going okay, right? Do you think everything is going okay?" I asked a little panicky.

I was sitting at a picnic table next to the catering tent with Cassadee who was out on the road for a few days to visit. Alex and the rest of the guys were busy with a signing and a few interviews - leaving me to watch after our parents and my aunt and uncle who decided at the last minute that they wanted to come to the show since they were here anyway.

Sami and Jenn were also there, but they had disappeared to go watch some bands and Sami definitely wanted to show off to Jenn that she had become friends with so many of these people now.

"Are you kidding?" Cassadee laughed, glancing over at the table behind us where the six adults were sitting, excitedly and happily talking amongst each other. "They all look like they've been friends forever."

"Right?" I nodded. "I thought it all looked good. But what do I know?"

"Relax," Cassadee insisted, placing her hand over mine on the table to get my attention. "Everything is perfect."

I smiled. "Thanks Cass."

She nodded, removing her hand from mine and taking a sip from her iced coffee. "I understand. I'm sure I'll be a wreck when Rian's parents come to meet my mom."

I raised an eyebrow. "They haven't met already?"

Cass shook her head. "Nope. Timing has always been off. I want it to be perfect, yanno?"

I nodded, glancing back over at the six adults at the table behind us. "I think I know," I said and Cass nodded. "So, you fly back to LA tonight, right?"

Cassadee nodded. "Unfortunately. I gotta get back to the grind," she said smiling.

"I still can't believe you're going to be on The Voice. I can't wait for it to start airing. It's going to be so cool."

Cassadee shrugged. "I don't even like talking about it some times. I get so nervous about it."

I reached across the table and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "You're going to do great. How could you not?"

She smiled. "Thanks."

"It just sucks because it will probably be forever and a day until I see you again."

Cass frowned. "I know so far I do definitely have a trip to Maryland planned in late October for Jacob and Morgan's wedding."

I raised an eyebrow. "I didn't hear anything about their wedding yet."

"Oh," Cassadee bit her lip. "Alex is probably just being a boy and waiting until the last minute to mention it," she said quickly.

"Or he's afraid to bring the whole thing up to me because it's marriage related," I said with a shrug.

Cassadee nodded slowly. "That's really what I was thinking but I didn't want to say it. And now I feel bad for even mentioning it."

I laughed. "It's fine, Cass. I actually like weddings. I'm just not a fan of a marriage for myself."

Cassadee nodded. "So... If you're invited to a wedding, you'll go?"

I nodded. "Of course."

Cassadee's smile grew. "That's great! Now I won't feel bad asking you to be a bridesmaid."

I felt my eyes widened as I gasped. "What?"

Cassadee laughed. "Put your eyes back in their sockets. It's not like he's asked me or anything. I'm just being a girl and thinking way, way into the future."

I smiled. "Cass. You'd actually want me as a part of your wedding?"

She nodded. "Of course. I know we haven't known each other very long - but I consider you to be one of my best friends."

I smiled even bigger and laughed at myself when I felt a tear prick my eyes. "Can I hug you?" I squeaked out.

Cassadee laughed and jumped up from her side of the table and came around to mine, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Are you crying?" she asked with another laugh when I pulled away and wiped at my eyes.

"No," I laughed.

"You're seriously the cutest thing ever," Cassadee said, fluffing my hair and moving back to the other side of the table again. "Oh and, by the way, I can't tell you had sex last night."

My eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

"I don't supposed that mark there on your collar bone is the result of a fight with a vacuum..."

"Oh my God!" I gasped. "I tell him all the time not to leave marks. I don't even remember him doing that."

Cassadee laughed. "It was that good, huh?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"It kind of was," I replied, blushing. "I mean... It had to be after almost a month."

"Damn," Cass laughed. "It's supposed to be that long when you're apart. Not when you're together."

I nodded. "Tell me about it."

Cassadee opened her mouth to say something but stopped when someone came up behind me and wrapped their long fingers around my eyes.

"Guess who?" the all too familiar voice whispered.

I stood up quick, spinning around to see the smiling face of my boyfriend. "Hi," I gushed before he kissed me quick and wrapped his arms around me tight.

I had to ignore the man-eating butterflies that seemed to always be present in the pit of my stomach whenever Alex was around.

"How's it going, Wendy?" he asked once be released me.

"Great," I answered, one of my eyebrows raised in confusion. "So um, I've noticed you've called me Wendy a few times now over the last week or so... I didn't want to be rude or anything and correct you... But my name's Brook."

"Wiseass," he muttered, placing a hand on my hip and pulling me a little closer to him. "It's a nickname, silly. Remember the other day when we decided I was Peter Pan? And you've managed to mature me. So you're like Wendy?"

I nodded slowly. "I do get it now. However, you know that Peter Pan and Wendy don't end up together, right?"

"What? No way. Of course they do," Alex argued.

"Nope," I shook my head. "Wendy grows up and has a daughter of her own named Jane. And he ends up getting with her."

"That's gross. And I don't remember that being in the movie," Alex said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's because it wasn't in the original. There was a less popular sequel that they put out a few years ago," I explained.

"Well... I'm not really a fan of sequels. So, let's just leave it at the first movie for purposes of this new nickname for you. Unless you'd prefer me calling you sweet-cheeks..."

"Deal," I smiled and he leaned down to kiss me again.

"So, how have things been with them?" he asked, subtly nodding with his head to "adults table" at the word "them."

I nodded, smiling. "Really good," I said, looking over to find that Jack had positioned himself between Alex's mom and my mom. The older woman really seemed to enjoy his company.

"Brooky, I need to use the bathroom. Do you mind taking a walk with me?" my mom asked a couple of minutes before they were going to let us on stage for All Time Low's set.

"Sure, Mom," I said, signaling to Alex across the way that I would be right back. He smiled and blew me a kiss.

I walked in the direction if nearest port-a-poty with my mom. "Good luck," I said, gesturing to the empty stall. I learned quickly on this tour, the later in the day it was, the more disgusting the stalls got.

My mom shook her head and chuckled. "I don't actually need to go. I just wanted a few minutes to talk to you alone."

"Oh," I said slowly before leading my mom over to some bench that was set up. "What's wrong?"

My mom sat down next to me and smiled. "Still such a worry wart. Maybe you'll grow out of that by the the end of the summer."

"Mom..." I said slowly. "What is it?"

She placed her hand over mine. "I just wants to tell you how proud I am of you."

"Proud of me?" I asked, confused.

She nodded. "I know that I pushed you to go on this tour, but deep down I didn't expect you to make it this long. I kind of figure you would have fun for a few weeks and then come home. Which would have been fine. But, you seem like a different person now."

"Is that a good thing?" I asked.

She nodded. "Of course. That sparkle has been creeping back into your eyes since you met Alex. But now, it back and brighter than ever. And I think it was this experience and Alex that did it."

I smiled. "This has been really good for me. And not just because it was a change of pace for me and that I've made a ton of incredible new friends. But it's really done wonders for my relationship with Alex."

"Things are good there, huh?" She sort of gushed.

I nodded. "We've dealt with a lot so far this summer. But we've been never better now," I smiled.

My mom narrowed her eyes at me. "What have you dealt with?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Just things..."

"Like?" she pressed.

"Well, there was some silly drama in Vegas with stupid girls. And then Alex bailed on meeting Mikey. But I found out it was because it was the same day as his brother's birthday. But after each argument, Alex and I ended up talking it out. I mean, after the whole baby thing, we e en discussed out future."

Mom blinked a few times and I realized once it was too late that I mentioned the baby thing. I was trying to stay away from that.

"I'm sorry," she cleared her throat. "What baby thing?"

"It's okay, Mom," I said quickly. "After I changed my pill brand and was on antibiotics, my cycle was all screwed up. I was late and got really nervous that I might be pregnant. I went to a doctor and found out I wasn't. Everything is back to normal now."

My mom nodded slowly. "Wow. What did you end up saying about the future? Oh my gosh! You said you'll marry him!"

"No," I shook my head, laughing. "Still not getting married. But we did both decide way, way into the future, when we're ready, we want to have a baby

My mom smiled.

"And I explained that even though I didn't want to get married - I did wan to find someone to spend my life with."

My mom smiled bigger. "Alex?"

I shrugged. "I wouldn't complain."

She laughed a little and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "He's a great guy. And his parents are wonderful. You could do a lot worse."

I laughed, giving my mom a hug. "I have done worse."

Alex

I got a little nervous when I saw Brook's mom pull Brook aside right before our set. I hoped she didn't have anything bad to say about my parents. Everything seemed to be going so well with them.

If I was being honest, I was already nervous. Playing a huge home show like this really put pressure on me. I didn't want to screw up for anyone. And I wanted to entertain Brook's family who were watching me for the first time. I needed Brook to be there. I knew if I could look out to the wings and see her flash a smile T me, I would be fine. And that's just what happened.

Throughout the show, I was actively trying to watch my language. I didn't feel it was entirely appropriate to talk about mine or Jack's dick in front of Brook's family. Halfway through the show, Jack called me out on it and I ended up admitting that my parents and my girlfriend's parents were there and I was watching my mouth on their behalf. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of "awws" I received from the crowd.

"So what did your mom want when she pulled you away before our set?" I asked Brook later that night when we were back on the bus in our bunk.

Brook shrugged, leaning up on her elbows. "She just needed to use the bathroom."

I glanced over at her and raised an eyebrow. "And?"

Brook sighed. "And tell me how proud she was of me. And how much of a positive impact this summer has had on me."

I smiled. "Yeah?"

Brook nodded. "Yeah. And the usual - how perfect you are. And how wonderful you've been to me."

I smiled wider. "You're mom really love me, huh?"

Brook nodded with a roll of her eyes. "For whatever reason she really does."

I laughed and rolled over so I was laying half on top of Brook. "I know someone else who loves me."

"You do?" she gasped. "Who's the lunatic?"

I laughed, pressing my lips to hers lightly. "I think you'd like her. She's a complete whacko. But she's awfully pretty. And whenever she laughs I feel these tiny butterflies in the bottom of my tummy."

Brook blinked a few times and for a split second I thought I offended her with the "whacko" comment. "Is that true?" she asked.

"Which part?"

"When I laugh you get butterflies?"

"It's true. But not you- the girl that actually loves me," I smirked.

"Jerk," Brook rolled her eyes and lightly slapped my cheek a couple of times before she pressed her lips to mine. "I had a really good time these past two days at home."

"Me too," I said. "My parents absolutely adore yours."

"Oh and my parents think yours are just wonderful. My mom and your mom exchanged numbers before they left."

"That's awesome," I smiled. "I knew it would go over well."

Brook laughed. "Bull shit."

I couldn't help but laugh. Every time Brook cursed it caught me off guard. "What do you mean bull shit?"

"I mean you were just as freaked out about this as I was. You were just too wonderful to admit it to me," Brook decided.

I gasped. "Now that is bull shit. I was not freaked out about this at all," I insisted.

Brook shook her head. "You are a liar."

I laughed. "Does it really even matter? Everything went perfectly. That's what matters."

Brook nodded. "That's true."

I smiled. "And if it makes you feel better, I was just a little bit nervous."

"A little bit?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Fine," I sighed. "I was scared as shit," I caved. "Happy?"

Brook nodded, satisfied. "Very."

"Good," I smiled, kissing her.

"Alex?" she said my name, breaking from the kiss.

"Mmm..." I mumbled a response as I went in to kiss her again.

Brook slipped her arms around my neck, pulling my more on top of her. "I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title: All Time Low - For Baltimore.

Hot damn! Has it really been over a month since I've updated? My bad. I guess I'm really just losing steam. I hope the interest does come back though. There's still so much planned for this story that I'd like for you guys who have stuck with this story for 55 chapters to get to see. I'm hoping the length if this chapter and the promise of more good plot twists will keep you guys interested and me as well. Please let me know if I should keep going. More comments mean more inspiration.

xoxo