Status: Just started.

A New Beginning

Chapter 2

Britany arrived in Pittsburgh at about 2 a.m. She decided that she would crash at a hotel for the night. Britany woke up and pulled into Morgan’s driveway an hour or so later. Once she had gotten settled into the guest room, Morgan and Rick asked Britany if she wanted to go out. She agreed it would be fun. The next few days consisted of going to bars and clubs, a normally life for a 23 year old. The game had finally arrived and Morgan and Britany were getting ready to leave, Rick had gotten a cold the day before and decided to stay home. They arrived at the game and found their seats, which were directly behind the home net. The game started and Britany and Morgan were having a great time; it was Sid’s comeback game. They had a couple beers, even spilled some of it when Sidney scored his first goal. Britany loved the Penguins as a whole but there was something about Crosby that just made him stand out to her.
The game was over and the Penguins had won 5-0 against the Islanders, and Morgan and Britany decided to head over to a local bar to meet with the fans and players that was advertised during the game. On the car ride to the bar though Britany burst into tears; sobbing about Michael. Morgan tried to sooth her, but nothing worked. Morgan even offered that they didn’t go to the bar, but Britany refused. They arrived at the bar, and Britany had cleaned herself up a bit. Morgan and Britany sat for a while just socialize, waiting for the players, and then Britany started ordering more and more drinks. She was drowning her sorrows of Michael in alcohol. Morgan tried to stop her, but her efforts did nothing. By the time the players, including Sidney, got to the bar, Britany was just beginning to get that drunk feeling. She had stopped drinking (due to Morgan paying off the bar tender to not let her have any more) though, and was now just jumping from guy to guy, flirting.
Congratulating the win one of the fans decides to buy all the players there drinks. They all accept the drinks happily. Crosby rejoiced his comeback a little more, and ordered a few more for himself. Crosby had become a bit tipsy after those and was making his way back to the table he was sitting at when Britany ran straight into him.
“Whoa.” Sid said holding onto her.
“Hey, you… Sid… Sid…” Britany said stepping back from Sid, gaining a little of her balance.
“Sidney Crosby, yes.”
“Geat game, Sid!” Britany said falling back into his chest.
“Oh, thanks.”
“Ugh, I… i… don’t fee…” She said trailing off.
“Here, maybe you need some fresh air.” Sid said leading her outside. Sid put his arm around her as she stumbled out the door. They sat down leaning against the brick wall of the building.
“Better?” He said looking at her. Britany took a deep breath and turned to look into his eyes. She didn’t answer him at all, she just kissed him. He didn’t pull back at first, but eventually he did thinking it wasn’t right. Sid got to his feet and pulled Britany off the ground with the intentions to go back into the bar to find her friend he had seen her with earlier. Britany thought differently and started kissing him again. He pulled back again feeling some guilt for liking the kiss.
“We shouldn’t do this.” He said to her.
“You’re right. Not here. Let’s go to your place, much more private.” Britany whispered, then kissing him again. This time Sid didn’t pulled back as quickly. He kissed her back, leaning up against her. His mind screamed no, but his body did differently. Sid pulled her into his car and drove to his house. Britany clung to his body as they traveled through his house to the bedroom. Embracing each other they fell onto the bed. Britany fumbled with the buttons on Sidney’s shirt, but Sid had stopped kissing her. Thoughts were racing through his brain. Damn she is sexy. But then his thoughts changed. Why, are you doing this? She’s drunk, don’t take advantage of her. I can’t do this. I don’t want this to just be a one night stand. There’s something about her. His brain was filled with those things and many others similar. He took her hands from his shirt and got up off the bed. Britany tried to get over to him, but he just took her back to the bed, lying her down. Not too long later she had fallen asleep. Sidney took a deep breath and grabbed a pillow then traveled out of the bedroom to the couch.
***
Britany woke up with a massive headache. She slowly sat up, still in bed. She looked around confused on where she was then her eyes rested on a yellow sheet of paper on the pillow beside her. She picked it up reading it.
I have practice until 10:30 this morning. Make yourself at home. There are some pancakes in the microwave, help yourself to them. Please don’t leave I need to talk with you.
- Sidney
”Sidney? Is this Sidney Crosby’s house?” She said getting out of his bed. “Ugh… What did I do last night?” Britany said finding her way to the kitchen. She heated up the pancakes and realized in was 10 o’clock. Sid will be home soon she thought mentally.

“Oh shit!” Britany said with a mouthful of pancakes. She rushed into his bedroom searching everywhere until she found her phone hidden under the bed. Holding her head, feeling the pain from the headache, while walking back to her pancakes. Britany had eighteen missed calls, all from Morgan.
“Damn, she must be worried.” She said pressing the green call button. It rung for a while, but Britany finally heard Morgan’s groggy voice from the phone.
“What the hell, Britany? Where the fuck are you?”
“Don’t worry, Morgan. I’m fine; I’m not in an alley way of anything.”
“Then where are you?” Morgan replied cooling down some.
“Well, um… I woke up in Sidney Crosby’s house. Oh, and before you get all freaked out, I don’t know what I did or didn’t do last night so don’t ask.”
”Thank God you’re alright, though. So how are you feeling?”
“Hung-over…haha. Well look I’ll call you back later, Sid is going to be home in a few minutes and I need to find out what happened last night.”
“Alright. Call me if you need anything, ok?”
“I will.” Britany said hanging up. She finished the pancakes and cleaned the dishes. She plopped down on the couch, which was a horrible decision because her head was now throbbing. She looked at the clock and she still had 10 minutes to wait until he got home. Britany closed her eyes and slowly drifted into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it is a little short, but oh well... I'm going to try and update everyday or every few days, this might change when school starts back up again. Tell me what you think!