Status: Just started.

A New Beginning

Chapter 3

The next thing Britany knows is that she is waking up to the voice of Eric Stonestreet then shortly after the laughter of Sidney. She pulled herself into a sitting position while massaging her head.
“Hey, sleepy head.” Sid says sitting down beside her.
“Hi… damn it’s already 4 in the afternoon!” Britany said stunned, “so about last night…” Britany says as she leans her back against the couch.
”Nothing happened, even though you tried very hard for something to take place.” Sid says smiling some. “But I wouldn’t let you do anything… I care to much for you,” Sid whispered to himself.
“What?”
“Huh, oh, nothing. Nothing happened you don’t have to worry.” He said kind of shocked he said that out loud.
“Good,” She said laughing some, “I’m sorry; I just have a lot going on in my life right now, and I sort of got carried away with the drinking last night.”
“Really? What’s been going on that made you want to drink so much?”
“You wouldn’t want to know about my problems.” Britany said quietly, but he really did want to know. He cared for her and he want to help her. Sid scooted closer to her and took Britany’s hand. At first she was taken aback, but she shortly found it comforting.
“Are you sure you want to know?”
“Tell me everything.” Sid said nodding. She started from the beginning and told the story of how it all went downhill with Michael. She told about her boss giving her a three week vacation. She told him everything, and surprising to Britany, Sid listened. He didn’t get bored and stare off pretending to listen. Sidney truly cared about what she was saying.
Britany ended up in tears lying on Sid’s chest while he stroked her hair.
“He was my everything,” She said sobbing, “and he just left me.”
“Well, he lost the most amazing, beautiful person in the world when he agreed it was better to see other people.” He said kissing the top of her head. “Now why are you wasting all these tears on him; he doesn’t deserve even a thought from you.”
“I don’t know… We had been together forever, and within seconds it was all over. He didn’t even hesitate when I said we should break up. He answered yes immediately.”
“Look at me.” Sid said, but she didn’t move a muscle. He lifted her head and said, “Look me in the eye, Britany.” Sid left go of her head and she wiped most of the tears away then looked at him.
“You need to stop. Stop wasting your life away crying about an ass that never deserved you.” Sidney said brushing the hair from Britany’s face. “Although one good thing did come out of this horrible situation.”
“Hmm? What was that?” Britany asked confused.
“If you hadn’t gotten drunk over him, I would have never met you.” Sid said kissing her forehead. Britany laid her head back onto his chest with Sid’s arm wrapped around her.
“So, you hungry?”
“Yep!”
“Good, ‘cause I’ve been dying to cook someone my mom’s tomato soup with grilled cheese.” He says walking into the kitchen and starting to pull out the ingredients.
”Sounds delicious! I can’t wait.” Britany said following him. Just as Sid finished getting the pan out and turned the oven on the door bell rang.
“Babe, do you think you could start mashing the tomatoes up.”
“Since when am I your babe?” She said laughing, “Sure!”
Sid opened the door to find Jordan Staal, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Evgeni Malkin standing outside.
“Hey, Seed!” Geno said pushing the shocked Sidney out the way followed by Flower and Staalzy.
“What happened to you last night, man?” Jordan said kicking his shoes off then sitting down on the couch.
“You cooking?” Marc laughed, “Aw Sid you didn’t have to make dinner for us.” At that mark Geno, Jordan, and Marc all burst out laughing.
“Guys.......GUYS!” Sid screamed. The guys shut up and looked at him. “Why are you here?”
“Well, it seems as though Sid the Kid has a wad in his briefs.” Jordan joked.
“Ok! First I wear boxers, and second why are you guys here?”
“We came to celebrate more for comeback, Seed.”Geno replied.
“Yeah, we brought beer. Oh, ya never answered my question. What happened to you last night?” Jordan asked.
“Thanks guys, but I think I did enough celebrating already. Go home guys; get your rest we have a game tomorrow and I don’t want hung-over players.”
“Come on Sid, one beer isn’t going to hurt anyone. What’s gotten into you? You would be all party right now.” Marc said. Just as Marc finished Britany came in.
“What’s going on? I heard screaming.” She asked wiping her hand on a dish rag. The all stared at her awkwardly.
”And who might this be, Seed?”
“Oh Geno! I know her. She was at the bar last night. Ya know that one that ran into Sid.” Jordan exclaimed.
“Oooh, I remember!” Geno replied.
“Aw guys, Sid was making her dinner. We should go.” Marc said getting up from the couch.
“No! Don’t leave because of me. We can make more soup.” Britany said welcoming. The guys all turned their attention to Sid, waiting for approval.
“Fine.” Sidney said letting out a deep breath. He walked over to Britany wrapping his arm around her waist as he led her into the kitchen. When they got into the kitchen they could still hear the oohs from the guys. Britany mashed up some more tomatoes while Sid finished preparing the other ingredients.
The soup was almost ready and Britany was just finishing up the grilled cheese while Sid went to the bathroom, when Jordan walked into the kitchen.
“Hey, so what happened between you and Sid last night?” He said walking over to the pot of soup.
“Nothing.”
“Oh really?” Jordan replied finding a spoon.
“Yes, really. Nothing happen between us, Jordan. He took me to his place because I was drunk, nothing else.”
“Mhm.” He said dipping the spoon into the soup.
“Hey!” Britany said while reaching over and smacking Jordan’s arm. The soup dropped from the spoon back into the pot.
“What?” He said innocently.
“You know what. Now you’re just going to have to wait like everyone else. Now go back to the couch, mister.” She replied taking the spoon from his hand and pushing him out of the kitchen.
A few minutes later Sid called to the guys that the soup was ready. He and Britany set up five bowls and the island each one with a grilled cheese dipped in the soup. They both sat down and started eat and within seconds Geno, Staalzy, and Marc were they gulping down the food also.
Dinner was down and everyone was relaxing on the couch, but Marc, who was stuck with clean up duty after pulling the shortest straw.
“That was great, Sid.” Britany said when Sid put his arm around her.
“Yeah.” Geno and Jordan agreed.
“Taste just like you mom’s, Seed.” Geno added.
“AM I DONE YET?” Marc yelled from the kitchen.
“I don’t know, Flower. Are all the dishes clean?” Sid yelled back.
“Yea.”
“The pot and dinnerware?”
“Yes, Sir Sidney.” Marc replied leaving the kitchen.
“Ok, you may retire to your room, servant.” Sid says playing along.
“Well, thank you.” Marc says sitting on the chair.
The group sat there socializing until 7, and at this time Sid scooted everyone out of his house, saying they needed rest for the game.
“Finally, alone.” Sid said pulling Britany closer. He leaned down and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed.
“Now I think you should take your own advice.” She said pulling back.
“Hm?” Sid said leaning in for another kiss.
“Sid.” Britany said putting a finger on his lips.
“What?” He replied backing off.
“You need your rest as well as the guys. Can you take me to my friend’s house?” Britany asked him.
“Sure.” He answered as she went back to the bedroom to get her shoes and her purse. She was just about to leave the room when Sid walked in closing the door behind him.
“Are you sure you want to leave?” Sid said moving nearer to her, pushing her closer to the bed.
“Sid, no.” She said pushing him back and walking for the door, “You need your sleep and I need to get back to Morgan before she gets worried about me again.”
“Ugh… fine.” Sid said bummed out. They went to his car where Britany gave him the directions on how to get to Morgan’s house. Once there he walked her up to the door.
“Here. I meant to give these to you after dinner, but since the guys were over I sort of forgot.” Sid said putting tickets for tomorrow’s game in her hand, “There’s two there so you can bring your friend.”
“Thanks.”
“I’ll call you tomorrow before the game, ok?”
”Ok and I’ll be there at the game cheering you on. Now go home and get some sleep.”
“Alright then. I guess I should.” Sid said leaning into kiss Britany. He brushed her hair back from her face and gently kissed her.
“Bye, sweetheart.” Sid said kissing her one last time.
“Bye.” Britany replied as he walked back to his car.
Britany found the spare key under the door mat and opened the door. She quietly went to the guest room and changed into her sweats and tank top. Britany fell fast asleep not long after she got into bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it getting any better? comment...