Status: Just started.

A New Beginning

Chapter 5

Britany wakes up to an empty, cold bed. Realizing she was still naked, Britany grabbed one of Sid’s dress shirts and buttoned it up. She walked from the bedroom to the kitchen, where she heard clanking of silverware.
“Hey, beautiful.” Sid says walking up and hugging her.
“Well, hi there Mr. Sexy.” She says snaking around him to find some food.
“Uhuh. You have to wait. It isn’t ready yet.” Sid says grabbing her from the waist and pulling her into him.
“Fine.” She says taking a deep breath. She gave him a small kiss then went to find her phone.

After twenty minutes Britany finally found her purse. It was wedged in between the couch and wall. She had no earthly idea how it got there, but she gave a strong pull and the purse slid out. Britany rummaged through it finding her phone at the bottom. She clicked the home button and found she had missed 10 calls from Morgan. She sighed then dialed Morgan’s number. The phone rang a bit then finally Britany heard Morgan’s familiar voice.
“Hey”
“Hey, I see you called about 10 times. You know I was staying at Sid’s why did you call so much?”
“I know. That’s not why I called. I just really needed someone to talk to.”
“Why? What happened?”
There was a long silence on the line before Morgan replied back.
“Rick has been cheating on me.” Morgan said lightly. She was on the verge of crying again.
“WHAT? THAT ASSHOLE! I’LL KILL HIM.” Britany practically screamed.
“No, no. Britany, it is fine. I’ll be fine.”
“Don’t lie. I know exactly how you feel. You’re heartbroken. I know. So what is going to happen? Who’s moving out?”
“He is. He left last night, took all his stuff and left. Apparently he is moving in with the girl he was cheating with.” Morgan said this with no emotion.
“Are you fucking kidding me? He just got up and left. What an ass!” Britany said still enraged.
“Yeah, but it is going to be fine. I’m gonna live. Like my mom said, there’s plenty of fish in the sea I just have to find the right one.”
“OK, Listen I’m coming over now. You need to let all this sadness you’re keeping in out. Then tonight we’ll go get drunk and you can never think about him again. This is a new beginning, ok?”
“Ok.”
Britany hung up the phone. She took a deep breath and letting it out she walked back into the kitchen looking torn.
“It’s not completely ready yet so don’t try and sneak a bite.” Sid said sensing her walk in.
“I need to leave.”
“What? Oh come on, my cooking isn’t that bad. Is it?” Sid says turning towards her.
Britany smiles slightly and says, “No, it’s not you. It’s just that Morgan is going through a really tough time right now and she needs me.”
“What happened that she needs you right now?”
“Sid, Rick cheating on her then packed up and left last night. I need to leave. I’m sorry.”
A shocked expression showed on Sid’s face, but all he said was, “Oh.” Britany nodded and went to find her clothes. She slipped into her clothes and grabbed her purse. Sid was standing by the door about to open it. She stepped up on her tip toes a little then lightly kissed him. They lingered there for a moment, but Britany finally broke off.
“I’ll call you later.” She said as she walked down the walkway finding her keys.
She opened the door to Morgan’s and soon found her sitting in bed drowning her sorrows in chocolate chip ice cream watching The Vow. Britany leaned over and took the ice cream away, having a little difficultly. She switched off the TV then sat down next to Morgan. As soon as this happened Morgan burst into tears. Britany comforted her and after 20 minutes of sobs Morgan finally dried her eyes.
“Better?” Britany asked.
“Yeah, but I feel a little destructive at the moment.” Morgan smirked. Morgan quickly got up and found about everything Rick had ever given her and through it in a box.
“Let’s go.” Morgan said pulling Britany out the door. “We’re about to have a butt load of fun.”
“Wait, Morgan. Where are we going?” Britany said resisting some.
“We’re going to have fun.”
Not too long later Britany found herself at the park. Morgan grabbed the box and started walking. Britany followed. They finally stopped by one of the lakes there. The first thing Morgan did was torch the pictures of her and Rick. Originally Britany was shocked and want to stop Morgan, but realized this is her way of getting over him and she needed to do this. Plush animals were thrown into the lake, and were no slowing filling up with water. All other belonging were either torched or stomped on. After everything was destroyed, Morgan lay back smiling some.
“I’m free of him, now. We’re going to have fun tonight.” Morgan said looking at Britany. They both smiled at the idea.