We'll Be Each Others Saviour

I promise

I walked out of the hospital hand in hand with Ash.

"Don't worry, Purdy. They said he'll be fine." I said as I squeezed his hand.

"Andy, I... It feels... It's my fault he's there. Jinxx wouldn't be hooked up to that heart monitor if I hadn't given him the wrong pills." Ash's voice cracked ever so slightly on that last sentence.

"Shh... Shh..." I pulled Ash into a hug and stroked his hair. "It could've happened to anyone, Ash."

I pulled away & looked at him. I brushed the hair out of his eyes then caressed his cheek. His usually handsome face was red & blotchy from all the tears. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"Promise?" Ash looked up at me with those gorgeous chocolate-brown eyes of his.

"I promise." I replied. "Now, promise me that you won't beat yourself up about this."

"I promise."

***

"Andy?"

"Hm?" I mumbled sleepily as I stetched & accidentally kicked Ash.

"Ouch! You & your awkward ass gazelle legs. You do know this bed is only a single, right?" he laughed.

I'd climbed into Ash's bed in the middle of the night using the thunderstorm as an excuse. I don't think he believed me, but he moved over anyway.

"Your point?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"I was wondering if maybe we could go somewhere tonight. You know, to eat."

"Man, you & your food. Sure. Where were you thinking?"

"That little restaurant down the road."

"You mean the Japanese one?" I asked quizzicaly.

"Yeah; I've always loved Japanese food." he replied softly.

"That's news to me." I said grumpily

"Promise you'll take me?"

"I promise." I said, smiling at him. "Ash?"

"Hm?" he murmured as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Andy."

"Promise?"

"I promise." he whispered against my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! I was grounded & had my laptop taken off me, then when I finally got it back I had writers' block! Oh well, it's here now. Hope you liked it! ^-^

P.S. Please comment & tell us what you thought. :P