We'll Be Each Others Saviour

Liar

Ashley's POV

"He doesn't love you anymore."

Those words kept ringing through my head. I felt numb. Those words were the only thing that I could think about. It feels like a dream. Not a good dream - but not a bad dream. One of those dreams that are completely devoid of emotion.

I looked down at the gun in my hand. Am I really going to do this? Am I really going to end my life because someone doesn't love me back? I took another swig of the whiskey. Not much left now. I sighed. I took out my phone & rang Andy. Answer machine.

"Hey, Andy..." I said quietly, "It's Ash. I... I-I wanted to say something. I love you, please don't forget that. You're not going to see me again. Well, you might see me but I won't see you. I won't be seeing anyone... Goodbye, Andy. I love you..." My voice broke on that last sentence.

I downed the last of the whiskey. I pressed the gun to my temple. I was about to pull the trigger when my phone rang. It was Andy.

"Ashley, what the fuck are you going to do?! What the hell was that message about?!"

"You said - you said you didn't love me anymore. You said I should kill myself... For once... I'm actually listening to you." I replied.

"What the - who told you I said that?! I would never say that, Ash. I love you. You mean the world to me. Don't do it, please. I love you."

What? Why is he saying that? He doesn't love me.

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you, Ash."

"Why...? I thought..."

"Ashley! Where are you?!"

"I'm near the park... In my car."

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I love you, Ash."

Liar. I pulled the trigger.

***

Andy's POV

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I love you, Ash."

My thoughts were muddled. Who had told Ash that? Why? My heart was beating irratically as I ran over to the park; my head was throbbing. I don't know how I managed to sneak out the hospital without getting caught. I need to find Ash. I need to hold him. I need to see him smile.

I heard the gun shot.

"ASH?! ASH?! Are you alright? What happened?" I shouted down the phone. No reply.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Where is he?! I spotted his car alongside the gravel path which led to the park. I ran as fast as I could.

Halfway there I had to stop to throw up. My head was pounding. My whole body hurt. I started running again. Ash was limp inside the car; his body strewn across the front two seats. Blood was everywhere. I called 911 & told them that someone had been shot.

"Ash?" I said as I caressed his cheek, "Ash? Please wake up. You can't die." My voice sounded so small. "You can't... I-I-I love you too much..." The tears came quickly, streaming down my face. My whole world was dead. My tears landed on Ash's face. His eyelids flickered.

"Ash? Ash?! Can you hear me? I love you. I fucking love you. Why did you do this? Why?! Please, stay with me. Don't die..."

His eyes flicked open. "A-Andy?" Ash said weakly. "Why are you here?"

"I told you I was going to come & get you."

"Andy... I-"

"Shhhh... Don't speak. An ambulance is coming for you. You need to focus on getting better."

"I love you..." he whispered. His eyes closed again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omfg, I thought I was going to cry writing this. ;~;