We'll Be Each Others Saviour

Such A Big Misunderstanding

Ashley wrapped his arms around me.
“I love you, Ashley.” I told him.
“I love you too.” He whispered to me.
“We’re meant to be together. You know that, right?” He nodded.
“Yes, Andy.” I hugged him tight.
“I couldn’t live without you, Ashley. You’re my everything. I’ve loved you all along. Even before David..” He kissed my forehead. “if only I told you.”
Just as the good part was coming up, I woke up. I was so disappointed in myself because I decided to wake up now! I sighed. I hoped liked the note I had written to him and put in his pocket. I couldn’t just tell him without out screwing it up. I hoped that that might happen though, my dream that tragically ended.
“I want to be with you so badly, Ashley.” I whispered to myself. I sat on the side of my bed and I saw Ashley walk in.
“Ash, I want to talk to you.” I said to him. He nodded.
“Sure, after I finish my coffee. Might wanna get dressed. We’re leaving at ten and it’s already nine.”
“No Ash.” I said seriously. “I need to talk to you now. You can drink the coffee while we talk.”
“I can’t get out of this one, huh?” he asked. I shook my head. He sat down and faced me.
“Yes?” he asked. I know he didn’t want to talk about serious stuff right now, but I had to get this off my chest.
“Um, about that girl Marcy.” I said.
“Andy can we please not talk about her. I wanna think about her.” I don’t think he knew where I was going with this.
“I think you should consider dating again.” I spoke.
“Look Andy-” I cut him off.
“Look nothing!” I yelled to him. I knew he was going to say he wasn’t interested or something. He just took a sip of his coffee and then sat there in silence for a few seconds. Typical Ashley Purdy. He thinks that he doesn’t have to deal with his emotions, at least not around anyone.
“I’m leaving.” he said as stood up.
“Ash, you get your ass back in here” I yelled. He just kept walking and walked out the door.
I just dropped on the bed and I felt so bad. I just yelled at him. I should’ve been clearer with what I was trying to say. I didn’t want him to get back together with that whore, Marcy. He’s supposed to be with me but I’m ruining it all. I just hoped that he got my note. Maybe he’ll understand then and then he’ll come back in feeling better. I sat up and walked into the living room only to see David standing there. I was really confused now.
“What are you doing here?” I asked him.
“Andy, I was so stupid to cheat on you. I’m here to take you back. I know you will because you’re in love with me.” He held my hands. I was speechless. I wasn’t sure how to react to this. Then he kissed me. I didn’t know what was happening.
“No, David. You can’t this. I don’t love you anymore.” he rolled his eyes.
“Come on, Andy. You can’t resist me.” I ripped my hands out of his.
“No Daivd.” I yelled. “You need to get he fuck out.” He took my hands again and kissed me. I looked over to see Ashley standing in the doorway. Oh God.
“Ash, it’s not what you think! He came and he wouldn’t let go of my hands and he wouldn’t stop kiss-”
“And you just fell in love with him again?” he cut me off. “I know exactly what happened.” he yelled. Tears started to fill my eyes as I watched him grab his bags and walk out of the room. I turned to David.
“Fuck you, David! You need to get the fuck out of my life! You had your chance and you blew it when you cheated on me! I don’t want to see you again, asshole!” I could feel the tears coming along. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I saw Ash came back into the room.
“Get your bags, stupid. We’re leaving.” He shot an evil look at David before David could speak. I followed him as he walked out.
“Ash, let me explain.” I said. He didn’t stop.
“I don’t need an explanation, This has already happened to me a couple of times. The ones I fall in love with always hurt me. It’s my fault. I should’ve kept my distance. I shouldn’t have pressured you into sex, I shouldn’t have joined the band, I shouldn’t have been born. I’m so sorry for all I’ve done.” He told me. It made me speechless and it made me hurt so much more knowing that I did this to him. “Have a nice life with David. I wish you both the best.” he sighed. and got on the bus. I stood there for a few seconds, speechless, sad, and guilty for how he felt about himself. I cried as I ran up to get my bags. David was gone, but I was glad. I never wanted to see that stupid bastard again.
I ran into the tour bus and dropped my bags.
“Hey, Andy.” CC said. I walked past them and quietly said
“I’m sorry guys.” I got into my bunk and cried into my pillow. I hated myself. I felt responsible for all of this. Only if I made it clearer that I was talking about me, not Marcy. I could hear Ashley yelling at himself from the bathroom. It caused me to cry even more. It’s all my fault. Then I had to deal with the other guys. I felt guilty for making them have to worry so much about us. I was heart broken once again and enraged with myself. You messed it up again, Andy, and you’re gonna pay for it this time. I got up and tried to collect myself. I had to be strong for the guys. I walked out and saw Jinxx, Jake, and CC sitting on the couches with worried looks on their faces.
“You alright, Andy?” CC asked me softly. I sniffled and nodded.
“Yeah guys. I’m all good.”
“We didn’t go to check on you while you were crying because we knew you didn’t like to be bothered when you’re crying.” I nodded and sat next to CC. We saw Ashley run out of the bathroom and cry in his bunk. I was holding back all of the tears. It’s never been so hard in my life. Jake went over to him and I could hear mumbling but I didn’t exactly know what he was saying. He came back out.
“He said that he’s fine. Yeah right!” I gave a phony laugh.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Hey guys we’re gonna be our of New Mexico in no time.” the bus driver told us. “We’re gonna be traveling for a while.” he said with a laugh. Ashley walked out with an obvious fake smile. Well it was obvious to me.
“Are we going to be passing Oklahoma?” He asked.
“Yes, sir.” the bus driver replied to him politely.
“Do you think you can stop by Smith village?”
“Sure.” he happily said. He wanted to go see his grandfather. He told him the address and sat on the other side of CC.
“Guys, we’re gonna be stopping in my hometown in about an hour. Please, don’t follow me out.”
“Why?” Jake asked.
“I need to have a.....personal conversation with a family member.”
He told us mot to listen if his grandfather wanted to talk in private.
“Ash, get over here boy.” his grandfather said. He walked over to him. I saw Ash’s mom walking down the street.
“Oh God, bad news.” I muttered to myself.
“Ash!” she yelled. He got beaten to the ground. She started punching him and slapping him. I hurt so much to watch but I learned over the years not to get into the fights with him and his mom.
“You son of a bitch! You leave and you never come back? And then you join a band? After all I’ve done for you? I gave you food. You should be grateful. You little puck! You belong in the ground. You should’ve never been born! If I were you I would get on that bus and never come back! Do you hear me?” she yelled at him.
He hates himself and all you do is go on talking like a selfish bitch? How could you? He hates you and I can tell, but he hates himself even more and she’s doing this! I yelled inside my head. I put my hand over my mouth to keep quiet as I watched. I silently watched Ashley a he walked to the bus.
“Wait a sec, son.” I heard his grandpa say. “You have no right coming here and embarrassing him. You should be the one that should be ashamed. That boy, put up with you with no help for eighteen years! The poor boy slept in the yard and drank the rain on sidewalks for water. You didn’t give him food! You gave him bones! He was treated like a dog!” he yelled to Ash’s mom. You go grandpa!
“I’m so sorry guys. You can go to the venue get someone else to take my place.” What the fuck? He thought we were just going to leave him like that?
“No.” I spoke up. “We wouldn’t leave without you.” Just after, his mom hit him in the head with with a bat. That woman is crazy.
“You mother fucker! Leave! Vanish and never come back.” His grandma took her and forced her back home. I didn’t know how to react to his dysfunctional mother. He started to cry.
“She hates me that much?” he asked. My jaw dropped open. I don’t even know anymore....
“C’mere boy. Let’s have a little talk. Everyone else, you’re welcome to go in te living room. Just take the front door.” We all walked into the living room as Ash waved goodbye to us and walked into the kitchen.
“Tell me what’s wrong, Ash.” we heard quietly.
“Well I can’t stop thinking about how everyone hates me here. I caught the person I told you about do the exact same Marcy did to me this morning, and Grandpa...I’ve been thinking about...quitting the band and leaving this world.” That’s it. I was done listening to that. The thought of him leaving this world at will was just.....stomach churning. I couldn’t live without that man. No matter how much he hated me.
“So....guys. How was last night for you?” CC shrugged.
“It would’ve been better with you guys there. We just stayed in the room last night watching TV and drinking. We didn’t want to go out partying without you guys and we knew that you had a rough day. Plus you guys weren’t in your room when I went to ask if you wanted to go party.” I nodded.
“Sorry.”
“Is there something going on between you two?” Jinxx suddenly asked. My heart started pounding and I got a little panicked.
“Um. What do you mean?” I asked.
“Like.....Is there something going on between you and Ash that we don’t know about?” I got wide eyed. Maybe they found out about the night before.
“No....” I said slowly and clearly unconvincingly. “Why would you think that anything was going on?”
“Well I was just thinking about it because you were both out at the same time last night and Ashley was so defensive of you when David broke up with you. He looked really hurt when you kinda rejected him and you both were crying when you got on the bus together. And the way you guys just look at each other. It looks like more than just friends. More than best friends....More like....love.” Damn! Jinxx was good at that stuff! Maybe because he’s in love with Sammi Doll or something. I shook my head.
“Nah. N-nothing’s going on between us. We’re just really close.”
“Yeah. REALLY close.” CC nudged me and we all laughed.
Ash walked out of the kitchen with his plastic smile. He should really stop that.
“C’mon. I’ve got one more place to go.” he told us. We walked out of the house. Not really. We had to run to keep up with that maniac. We finally caught up with him in the front lawn of his old house I was guessing because he said
“Hi scooter.” then he kicked it playfully. Then I finally saw the fake smile vanish and his true smile come alive. It was beautiful to see. I wish he always smiled like that. We all walked up the stairs to smell and awful stench.
“It smells horrible.” Jake commented.
“Ah, the smell of sex and drugs. How I’ve missed you.” Ash laughed. We walked into his room.
“I’m home my pretties!” he smiles and grabbed a bag. I sat in a computer chair. I was hoping that it wouldn’t break on me. My day has already been bad enough.
“I like your decoration.” Jinxx said and he laughed. He was talking about the wall with Ash’s name spray painted all over it.
“Thanks,” Ashley laughed. He picked up an old album and looked at it.
“Ah, the good ol’ days” He smiled and then placed it in the bag.
“Doesn’t sound like you had many.” I muttered.
“I heard that.” he said. I rolled my eyes. He put some more stuff in his bag and decided to look through his camera.
“Marcy, oh Marcy....you whore.” he said poetically. We al laughed. He turned to us and we immediately stopped laughing. We didn’t know what he thought about us laughing at her. I was happy to laugh at that bitch.
He started searching trough a whole bunch of old toys and we watched him cry as he picked up a nutcracker.
“You’re crying over a nutcracker?” Jake laughed.
“You don’t understand.” Ash tole him as he held it tightly to his chest. “My father gave it to me before he left.”
“Oh, Sorry man.” Jake said and Ash nodded. That was so sweet that Ash remembered about that toy. I’ve never really seen that soft spot in him before. He turned to us with his bag.
“Guys, I’m so sorry I haven’t been acting the same lately. I-I promise I’ll be my regular self soon.” he told us. “Now c’mon. It’s time to go. I don’t want anyone else to see me here.” We started walking down the stairs.
I didn’t like his old self. I liked the “new” Ashley better. I could connect with him.
We got to the end of the stairs when I heard barking. It made me jump as Ash dropped his bag and nutcracker and ran to the backyard.
“Bites!” he yelled. We all followed him. “Daddy missed you so much. I thought you were dead.” he laughed and Bites jumped all around him. God. How old was this dog? “Oh, I wish I could take you him. Killer and Terror would love to see you.” I crossed my arms as we watched him and the dog.
“Aw. He’s so cute” CC stepped forward, but Bites barked loudly and CC jumped back. But that made me jump, too. I hope no one saw me!
“Warning. He bites.” Ash said with a laugh. “That’s why he has the name.”
“Maybe we should let him on the bus?” I asked. I mean it was so amazing how good Bites made Ash feel. I couldn’t just leave the poor thing here to die anyways. Ash looked at me with a huge smile.
“Really? I could take him?”
“Well you seem very fond of ‘em.” I said as I shrugged. Everyone else agreed to it.
“Thanks so much.” Ash yelled to us. He found a leash on a tree branch and hooked it onto Bites.
“How old is he?” Jinxx asked.
“Well, I got him two months before I left this place, So about nine years. I’m surprised he’s still alive after living in this dump. But, he does look a little skinnier than I remember.” He stood up. “C’mon boy.” he happily called. He was a Yorkie but he was still pretty small!
“Will he still bite us? CC asked.
“No. He’ll warm up to you. You just gotta give him food.” We walked into the tour bus and Ash unhooked Bite’s leash. I dropped onto a couch. I was so exhausted. I had no clue what my emotions were doing or what situation we were in.
I saw Ash give Bite’s some meat.
“He surely can eat eat.” I commented.
“If you were that skinny you would eat fast too. Oh wait, you already are.” We laughed at it, but it was still a mean joke and I wanted to go over there and kill him for saying that.
“How long do we have to stay on this bus?” CC asked.
“We have a thirty-five hour drive. I know that much.” Ash told him. I rubbed my face as CC grunted, Oh God! This was gonna be fun!