Who Would've Thought? A Zak Bagans Oneshot

Who Would've thought?

i had just finished filling the guys in on our next lockdown and wanted nothing more than to go home and get some sleep. i love the guys to death, but some of their demands on what they wanna know about places can really drag the day out and exhaust me.

my name is Megan Goodwin and im incharge of the history backgrounds of
ghost adventure's lockdown locations. im Aaron's 28 year old younger sister and he helped me get the job for the show. he told them about my masters degree in history and that must've gotten them hooked on me. that, and bein Aaron's sister and all. they even let me go on the lockdowns with them so i really enjoyed the job. not only did i get to study the places, but i got to see them in person and gain some memories of my own. its a win, win!

another part of the job that i seem to enjoy more and more is who i get to work with. ive had a crush on Zak ever since aaron introduced me to the team. he really seemed to be drawn by how serious i am about my job and how much i love doing it. i can recall him telling me once that letting me join the team was one of the best decisions he's ever made. i remember blushing and trying to hide it from him. Zak's always been a big flirt towards me and thats one of the things that makes it so easy to get up in the morning and go to work everyday.

i was packing up all the papers for the lockdown tomorrow so i could leave when someone walked into my office

"great job in there, Meg"

my heart fluttered a little at the familiar voice and i turned to them, smiling "thanks, Zak. glad i could meet your standards without any questions today"

"oh, come on!" he chuckled "im not that picky about stuff"

i gave him a look like 'yea, whatever' and giggled "whatever you say, boss"

"mhmm. so, you headed home to pack?"

"yea, and sleep. im exhausted"

"same here. i dont think i'll be able to though. im pumped for this lockdown!" he got this big goofy grin on his face.

i always thought it was adorable how excited he got for the lockdowns. you cant say Zak Bagans didnt enjoy what he did because you can just see how much he loves it in his eyes.

"you better, or you wont be able to stay awake long enough to even start it. plus, you know you wont get any sleep on the plane. Aaron and Nick wont allow it"

he groaned and he laughed. its true. our two teammates were always so hyper and pumped up on the plane ride to ur destination. they practically forbid me or Zak to catch a nap with their crazy antics.

"you're right. as always" he sent me a wink and this cute little grin. i turned my head and acted like i was checking my things hoping he wouldnt see the light blush he always brought to me.

"and dont forget it!"

"so uh......" he trailed off like he was nervous and i turned back to see he had come closer. he was rubbing the back of his neck and hesitating on continuing. "you want me to pick you up in the morning? we could get some coffee before we have to leave"

thats strange. he's never asked to pick me up. i always rode with aaron or just drove myself. "ummm.."

"cuz, ya know.....you're pretty much on my way to the airport and stuff.......and i know how much you like your coffee in the morning" he gave a nervous chuckle. whats going on with him? hes usually so cool and collected!

i smiled at his skiddish behavior finding it a rather cute change for him. "ok! id like that!"

his eyes widened a little bit before he went back to his old confident self. "great! its a date!"

my heart pounded at the proposal and i nodded "yea, definitely"

"cool. ok, i'll just let you finish up so you can get home. see you in the morning, Meg. hows 8:30 sound?"

"sounds good. i should be ready by then"

he nodded and came closer to wrap me up in a tight hug that i returned. i could smell his thick cologne and i couldve melted. we pulled apart, smiling.

"see ya" he waved

"bye, Zak" i watched him leave the room and go back to his own office. i gave it a few moments to make sure he was gone before i let out a quiet squeel of excitement. maybe he does like me back? just like Nick and Aaron keep telling me. they've tried to hook us up on several occassions but i would never give in, fearing that Zak didnt like me in that way.

with a final sigh and a smile, i grabbed my things and headed home shutting my office door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(next morning)

i was doing my annual sweep of my apartment in search of anything else i might need for the trip when i stopped and checked myself over in the hallway mirror for probably the hundredth time. i had decided on a plain burgundy long sleev shirt, black skinny jeans and some black boots while my long light brown hair was pulled up in a cute ponytail and minimal makeup. my dark brown eyes seemed to pop on their own so i didnt need much. i know we're only going for coffee but i really wanted to impress him. especially since he called this a date. usually i could be seen wearing some comfy sweats and a tee shirt for our morning flights, but this one was going to be different. i just figured if i dressed up a bit more then maybe Zak would pick up on how much out little coffee date really did mean to me.

my fingers were picking at my sleeves when a knock sounded at my door. i looked at the clock and sure enough, it had just turned 8:30. with one big sigh, i answered the door to be greeted with a smiling, clad in black as always, Zak. he looked at me and his smile only grew.

"wow, Meg! you look great!"

"thank you. you look nice, too" i blushed

he nodded in thanks "so you ready to head out?"

"yep! just let me get my jacket and my bags"

he came in and helped me with my things before we stepped out into the chilly winter air. we put my stuff in the back of his car with his bags and were off to the small starbucks just a few blocks away.

"we should do this more often. especially since we both have to put up with your brother and Nick for hours on end on the plane" he chuckled

i laughed "yea! maybe it'll make it a little easier to survive to plane ride"

after a few quiet minutes he pulled up infront of starbucks and we got out, hurrying to get inside away from the cold.

he opened the door for me like a gentleman and i smiled in thanks as he followed me up to order our drinks, him paying.

"you didnt have to do that, ya know? i coulda paid for myself" i looked up him as we went to sit at a table

he scoffed "no way! i invited you out so its only natural for me to pay"

there was never any use in arguing with him about anything because he always seemed to get the final say. we sat down and thats when it became a little awkward for me. even though i considered Zak as one of my really good friends, we never really hung out that much outside of the show. what was i supposed to talk about with him? just as i was about to spout out the first subject that came to mind, he beat me to it.

"so, i meant what i said in the car. id really like to do this more often."

i noticed how much emphasist he put into it and looked at him a little confused. "me too"

he sighed. "i feel like theres so much i dont know about you. i mean, i know why you do what you do as far as work goes and i know the basic things like your favorite color and stuff. but i feel like theres so much more for me to know about you as.....a friend" a small frown dug its way through his smile but he quickly covered it back up. not quick enough though cuz i caught it.

"are you ok, Zak?"

"yea.....no" he ran his hand over his face

"well, whats wrong?"

a waiter brought us our drinks and i took a sip of mine as i waited to hear about his troubles but he wasnt budging. without giving it a second thought, i placed my hand over his that was on the table and immediatly felt this spark go off. it was empowering but i needed to focus on him for now.

his eyes met mine for a second when he gave me a really sad smile. i expected to remove his hand but he didnt, so i didnt either.

"have you ever really, really liked someone.....but didnt know how to say it cuz you dont really know too much about them?"

i pondered on it for a moment. "...yea, actually i have". he was right infront of me, for cryin out loud!

"well.....how did you deal with it? didnt you feel like you were a little crazy for liking them without actually knowing them first?"

"kinda...but i always hoped that that would change. maybe i could get to know them better and they could get to know me better and then....i dont know. i guess i just hoped that the guy would end up liking me just as much as i liked him and we'd end up together." i confessed

we were silent for a few moments while we sipped at our hot drinks. he looked like he was thinkin about something really hard. his lips were pouting a little and his eyebrows were furrowed in thought.

i cleared my throat "i hope i helped you out a little bit. im not the best when it comes to this stuff, honestly"

"no, you helped me" he threw me a good smile and squeezed my hand a little. "a lot actually"

"good" i giggled and took another sip.

"if i tell you somethin, do you promise not to freak out or anything?"

i eyed him suspiciously but was glad he trusted me, even just a little. "ok, i promise"

"im actually glad that you can relate to me cuz.........i was kinda talking about you" a small blush tinted his cheeks while i sort of gawk at him. i tried to keep my cool as best as i could though since i promised.

"really?" a huge smile slipped past my lips before i could stop it and he chuckled

"yea, really. i like you, Megan. a lot. i just never said anything cuz...well, i dont know a whole lot about you. id like to though! that...and i was afraid you'd freak out or wouldnt feel the same about me" his head hung a little

"its ok, Zak. cuz....i was kinda talking about you too" this time i blushed while his eyes snapped over at me like he was shocked

"are you serious?!"

my head nodded "yea. but its like you said; we've never really gotten to know eachother. and i was also afraid you didnt feel the same"

he started laughing "wow! i cant believe this is even happening right now!"

"it is a bit ironic, isnt it?"

"definitely. i feel like this whole thing couldve been avoided if i had just gotten the guts to ask you to hang out or somethin"

"just like Nick and Aaron!" we both said at the same time before we laughed together. we were probably being too loud for our environment but i didnt care. my dream was finally coming true! Zak didnt seem to mind either so i just brushed the stares off my shoulder.

after we calmed down a bit, he took my hand back and grinned at me. "so do you think we could get together sometime soon? maybe we'll learn to love a lot of things about eachother. just like we hoped for"

i was shaking on the inside but managed to just show him how excited i was by nodding my head vigorously "ok! that'd be great!"

"awesome" he winked. "well....i think we should get goin. the guys are gonna want to hear about this"

"why? just so they can say i told you so?" i giggled

"precisely"

we grabbed our drinks and got ready to leave, but before i could put my jacket on he pulled me close to him and planted a big, soft, sweet kiss on my lips. the sparks from holding his hand only seem to get bigger and explode before he pulled away with a goofy grin.

"well i learned one thing i love about you already"

"whats that?" i cocked my head to look up at him

"you're a really great kisser!"

another giggle flowed out from my lips "who would've thought, huh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
hopefully this worked out lol so this is just a oneshot, not a full story. hope you liked it! :)