Status: In Progress(:

Forbidden Souls

Chapter Five: Yeah. Thay just happened

Chapter Five: Yeah. That Just Happened.

A week had passed by, and I had been talking to Xavia more and more. We were acrually planning on meeting, but we had to come up with a lie. Nobody, well, nobody we couldn’t trust completely, know about us meeting. We were on the phone again, talking about when, and where we were to meet.

“Is today at noon okay?” Xavia asked, this voice worrysome though the phone. I shook my head and muttered a quite, “No.”

“Today is okay,” I confimed, smiling at the fact I would see Xavia for the first time in nearly a month, soon, “Later though, light eight or nine o’clock at night.”

A sigh came from the other end, “It’s a grand thing I only live with another Demon, who knows about the fight, otherwise it would be a terrible time trying to get away.”

I sighed too, he was lucky. But I was not as forunate. I would have to lie to my parents, a skill I had been mastering. It would be easy, in a way, I would say I was going to Kari’s house for a sleep over, get her to cover, and everything would be set.

“Eight it is then?” I asked, leaning onto my bedframe, the plush blankets pulled around me in a warm cocoon.

“Yes, eight is good. But Ellisia, where will we meet that nobody would notice my being a Demon, and you an Angel?”

I bit my lip, pondering his question, it would have to be a suclided place. With little or no people. No people would be best though. I closed my eyes momentaraly, looking for a vision of some sort to pop into my mind.

That was another skill I had been getting better at, finding things in my visions. Say, I wanted to know if Kari, Austin or Jon was not going to be at school, I would simply focus on my day, and if I saw them not in it, I knew that they were either sick or skipping.

I focused then, on my day, with Xavia, searching for where it would take place. Suddenly, a large green sign with white words popped into my mind. The words read, ‘Fallin Angels Park, 5 miles.’ Then another image poopped into my head, this one of a waterfal. I could see Xavia and I by the waters edge, talking.

“Fallin Angel’s Park,” I said into the phone. I smircked, feeling stupid at the fact I hadnt thought of Fallin Angels Park. It was located inbetween Kurnt and Tulia, and it was a large park. Nobody would be at the waterfall at this time of the year, to cold.

“I’ll see you at eight then,” He siad, his voice seemd longing.

“Alright,” I said, with the same longing tone. I knew, withought a doubt in my mind, that Xavia and I were going to be over joyus once we saw one another again. I wondered what he would look like. If he would look different. If he had grown, in height, his hair. Would he look cold, like Demons are told to, or would he be the Xavia I knew?

“Bye,” HE whisepred, and the line went dead. WE hadnt shared a single ‘I love you,’ in our short week of talking. But it was to be expected, we were both nervous, neverous that it wouldn’t work, that the plan would die and we would have to go out seprate ways again.

“Bye,” I whispered to nobody.

--*

It was seven thirty, and I was lacing up my boots, and all was going smoothly. My parents had belived my lie. I had said Kari and I were going to a move, and that I would sleep over her house and be back by noon the next morning. Of course, the only true lie was that I was going to see a movie with Kari. She Jon, and Austin were going to see some sort of mvie by themselves.

I walked up to the mirror and looked at my reflection. My black hair was straghtned, and my far to long bangs were braided to the side and pined in place on the side of my head. My outfit was simple, after all I did have to get by my parents, or my mother at the most, my father was probably still at work, and look normal. I was wearing a warm black winter coat Xavia had gotten me for Christmas that year,a long sleve American Eagle shirt was under that, pared with a light par of skinny jeans, topped off with my black boots

Smiling, I grabbed my gym bag, that I had put a few things I would need for the next day at Kari’s, and headed for the door, almost imeditly greeted by the delicious armona of my maids cooking.I had to stop myself from getting off course and going into the kitchen. Which was hard, seeing that my maid, Erika, was an excilent cook.

As I was nearing the door, I saw my mother out of the courner of my eye, sitting on the couch watching some sort of court show, laughing slightly at someone who was looking through papers franticaly. “Bye Mom!” I called, grabbing the keys to my black Ford Edge, and opened the door.

“Have a good time sweetie, and don’t be out to late!” She called as I closed the door. She had probably said something else, but I didn’t hear, but if it was important she would text me.

I got into my car quickly, and started making my way toward Fallin Angel’s Park.

--*

I pulled into the park, as my phone buzzed from my pocket. I figured it was Xavia, so I just pulled into a parking spot. I looked around, as I pulled the key out of the ingnition, and I saw only two cars parked in the large are around me.

One gray hummer, and a white mustange. I opened the door, and then quickly locked it as I shoved my keys into my back pocket. Pulling out my phone, I looked down to see tjay it indeed was a text message from Xavia.

Xavia: I’m here

I smiled, looking around the barren parking lot, catching a flick of his pale blonde hair disapaering into the forest, toward the falls. I followd quickly, the cold winter air whipping at my face with each step I took.My stomach was starting to turn slightly, what would I say to him. I knew we had talked on the phone countless times during that past week, but to see him, that would be different.

I was almos to the falls then, I could hear it. The rushing of the water, the hissing of it hitting the bottom. I stepped around one large tree, and that’s when I saw Xavia.

He was leaning up againt a random tree, looking onto the waterfall. From what I could tell, he was wearing a pari of jeans, and a black hoodie with white splotches of what looked like paint all over the back. I took a deep breath, and bit my lip, “Xavia,” I called, hoping to be heard over the water.

His head snapped around, and a wide smile danced aross his face. He looked the same, his blonde hair a little longer, but that was all. His smile was still the same, bright and leading all the way to his eyes, not forced in anyway; my Xavia. Right there, in the flesh.

The excitement of seeing him again took over, and I ran towards him, cutting off the small distance in a matter of moments. His arms were open and waiting for me as I fell into his chest, crashing him and myself onto the ground. As soon as I gripped onto him, his arms wrapped around my waist, clinging to my back, and my arms found the back of his neck.

An awkward possision, but it felt all to natual with Xavia. I looked into his deep brown eyes, as they bored into my green ones, and I felt the smile on my face brighteing.

“Hi.” I whispered, hoping he could hear me over the rushing water just feet from us. His eyes seemed to brighten up, and his smile got wider, if that was even possible.

“I missed you,” He whispered, traling his hand from my back, to my face, pushing a lock behind me ear.I blushed slightly, biting my lip.

I grinned, pulling myself off of him, pulling him up with me, “I missed you too,” I whisered, leading him to the edge of the water.

We sat, and began to talk. It was all to natural with Xavia, I wasn’t worried about being caught, all I was worried about, was being with Xavia for as long as I could.

A half an hour or so later, I heard the snapping of a branch. “It’s nothing,” Xsvia assured me, “An animal is all,” He added, grabbing onto my hand, and his fingers inbetween mine. I smiled, ignoring the feeling in the back of my mind that there was someone else in the forest that night. Someone we didn’t want in the forest.

A half an hour after, after the first snapping of the branch, I voice snapepd at us, “What are you two doing here!?”

My heart feel to my chest, and I snapped my head around, Xavia’s head followed mine. My jaw dropped when I saw a Guard standing infront of me. A Guard, was like a police officer, but, he could kill right on the spot for an infraction as bad as Xavia and I’s. His black unifrom singnaled that he was a Demon, a Demon that was trained to tell if one soul was an Angel or a Demon.

“Stand up, the both of you,” He barked, his voice hard, and angry.

I slowly got up, and out of the corner of my eye, saw Xavia grabbing a rock the size of his hand. I bit my lip, staring at the man. His eyes were all black now, angry, and hate fulled.

He was glaring at me now, inches from my face, I could even feel his warm breath tickling against my skin, “What are you two doing here?” He hissed him my face, “Demon,” He added, looking at Xavia disapprovingly. That’s when it kicked in, I could lie. Lie like I had become so use to doing.

“It’s all a big misunderstanding you see. I came here to enjoy the view of the waterfall, and he was here too. I had no idea he was a Demon. It discusts me that I was even that close to him,” I crossed my arms over my chest, and stuck one leg slightly out, leaning on the other, trying with all my might to give off the sense of confidence.

His eyes narrowed, “That’s a lie.”

I narrowed my eyes as well, leaning in, he wasn’t going to fool me with that, “No, Sir, no it’s not.”

A small, evil looking smile streched across his thin lips, “Now sweetheart, no need to get an attitude. Its my gift, to know when people are lying. And you, are lying.” His words were spoken so true, and his face stayed the same. Not a single flash of doubt went across his face.

I bit my lip, and shook my head, “You’re mistaken,” Was all I said.

With the same coy, evil smile, he leaned closer to my ear and whispered, “Now, all I have to do is figure out how to kill you. Both of you.”

I pushed the man away, seeing my reflecftion in his eyes for just a moment. They were white, like snow, and shining. “Over my dead body,” Xavia hissed, grabbing the mans arm and thrusting the rock into his head. Blood splattered everywhere, on my clothes, on Xavias too.

I took a step back as the man stumbled backwards, and then fell to the ground. He started to convulse, shaking rapidly on the ground. I searched the bank of the water, looking for a rock. Once I found one, I picked it up, anger still pulsing through me at his threat to kill Xavia.

Thay was what had gotten me. Flipped my switch, his threat. I walked up to the man, and through the rock down on his head, and he stopped shaking immediately.

I looked around, noticing Xavia wasn’t next to me. He was sitting under a tree, holding the rock that he had hit the mans head with.

I walked up to him, and, even in the dim light, saw the tears rimming in his eyes. “I-I killed a man,” He whispered, looking at the rock in his hand, the blood slowly drying on it, and his hands. I shook my head, grabbing the rock from his hands and throwing it into the water.

“You ingured him, Xavia. I was the one that killed him.” The words then cut though me. I had killed a man. At almost eighteeen, I had killed a man in cold blood. I blinked, and I didn’t even think twice about it. All that was on my mind was Xavia, keeping him safe, any way I could. Even if that meany killinh a man.

“And that’s supose to make me feel better!”

“Xavia, calm down.”

“This isnt good, Ellisia,” He muttered, shaking his head.

I nodded, “I know, Xavia but listen. If we fight, we have to come to turms with something. That if we fight; we WILL kill people, but if we don’t fight, we don’t give other the choise to NOT have this life. To… to live the way they want to live, for their whole life.”

A few mineted later, he nodded, “I think we should get this clean up,” He muttered.

I shook my head, “All we have to do it throw the other rock in the water, everything else will be fine.”

He stood up, pulling me with him, “Are you sure?”

I nodded, “Positive.”