The Outcome

Chapter Twelve

When I woke up everything was clear. I could feel the sheets of my bed around me and fluff of my pillows. I recognized the wood of my ceiling, another sign that I was in my room. I could feel the ache in my muscles, that numbing kind of pain you could almost ignore until you had to take a breath. I knew why I was in bed in so much pain, because I had tried to fight my fate.

I could even remember what my dreams had felt like. I wasn't sure how long I had been out, but in my mind it was months. I just lay in Erick's arms in silence, wondering what was going to happen next, but having no control over it. Having no control over anything, as usual.

I did a quick check inventory thought all my limbs. Ten fingers, two arms, two shoulders, chest, stomach, two legs, two feet, and yes; it was checks all around. I pulled myself up off of the mattress, my covers pooling at my waist and it felt like all the blood suddenly rushed away from my brain.I wobbled a little before lowering myself back down to the pillows. Looking over to my right I saw two white pills and a glass of water on the nightstand. If anyone other than Erick brought these to me, they were my hero.

"You should go ahead and take those instead of just look at them." Brayden call from across the room. He was leaning against the doorframe, looking very cool in a leather jacket and dark jeans.

"Tell me about it, stud." I croaked out at him, my throat scratchy as I took a gulp of water from the glass; only lifting my head as much as I had too without spilling it all over myself.

"I am pretty Danny Zuko today, huh?" he laughed at me. "Come one and get out of those pajamas. We have school in a few."

I groaned as I popped back the pills and immediately started to feel better. "I still have to go to school? What day is it? How long was I out?" I could have sworn it was Friday, the day of the bonfire.

"You've been out all weekend. But don't freakout, all your vitals have been fine. you might have just needed the rest."

I rolled my eyes at him, the motion causing me to wince a bit. " I didn't need the rest. I needed the consideration from my Alpha. He did this to me. Who's been changing my clothes?"

Brayden shoved his shoulder off the doorframe and shrugged both of them. "Technically, you did this to yourself. You know Erick needs attention form all of us from time to time..."

"Oh, so he just got bored of trying to fuck the rest of you?" I snapped at him, still he continued on as if I hadn't said anything at all.

"And Erick has been the one changing your clothes. He's been real torn up about it since he brought you home from school, didn't even enjoy getting to see the tits."

That was the thing I loved about Brayden. He knew how to give me bad news and make me laugh about it. I was sure we had been together for every past life I'd been apart of, always the friend I needed to sift through the bullshit. The one who could be an honest asshole without the real fire behind it. I didn't know what I'd do without him, but my thoughts were now shifting to who would be waiting for me in shop class.

"What about the bonfire? What did you tell Jake?" I was up and about at this point. Pushing things out of my way in the closet in attempt to find something acceptable to wear.

"We told him you got sick after your make up test. You know it's common for humans to get sick around us if they stay in close quarters for us, at least until they get used to it. Since he still thinks that everything is a secret he bough it pretty easily. Try not to jump him when you see him, yeah?"

I felt the bubble of school girl crush butterflies rise up from my thighs to my chest and I had to stop myself form jumping up and down. I was excited to see him. If today was Monday it meant that Erick was gone to report back at our reservation. He'd be gone for two weeks at least, and that meant at least two weeks of Jacob time. I couldn't hold my grin back as I glanced over to Brayden.

"No promises, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Three months? THREE MONTHS!?!?! What the hell is wrong with me. It was never my intention to leave you all hanging like that, but my semester is almost over, I have no job, and I'm tired of being a lazy ass. Therefore, I'm officially back.

So, vent to me about anything that's going with you. If you're super pissed about me not updating, go ahead and let me have it. If something else is your life is not up to your standards and you need it off you chest, hit me with that too. Hopefully it'll spur my ass into action.

See you soon (really this time though)