The Outcome

Chapter Thirty One

The party was in full swing when Jacob and I pulled up to Emily and Sam’s place. I could hear the music from the back porch and see festive little balloons swaying in the wind. I could also see Leah sitting off to the side, alone, looking like the most miserable person in the entire world.

‘How long do you want to stay? You look great by the way.” Jacob placed his hand along my thigh as he cut the ignition from the truck.

“Thanks, we can stay for as long as it lasts. Looks like everyone is already having a good time.” I nodded towards the party. “Plus, Leah really needs a buddy for this.”

“Yeah, I guess she does, but she didn’t have to come to this. I’m getting real tired of hearing about her feelings all the damn time.”

“Hey, don’t be a jerk!” I punched him on the arm, earning an raised eyebrows from him. “This sucks for her.”

“I know it does, didn’t know it would push you to violence, I’m so worried.” He reached over and poked me, faster than I could stop him and I let out an embarrassingly girly squeal; causing a spark of mischief to light up in his eyes.

His fingers attacked my middle then, so fast I couldn’t catch my breath between bursts of laughter. There was enough room in the passenger seat for me to get away, so there was a lot of knees banging against the dashboard and elbows against glass. Suddenly his fingers firmly gripped my waist and hoisted me onto his lap, straddling him.

My hair was all in disarray and created a curtain around us as Jake placed his lips on mine, shifting his body lower in the seat and pressing against me much harder. I loved to look at him like this, my little wolf. The muscles in his arm bulging as he griped and ran his hands through my hair. His eyes closed in so much pleasure that it hurt to look at the beauty in his face, the happiness there cause by me.

“I should bring Leah her buddy.” He whispered against my lips, making me feel them as well as hear them. It sent goose bumps along my skin, a shocking contrast to the heat his body was feeding mine.

“Or…” I whispered back against his mouth, seeking entrance for his tongue.

“No or.” He gave me a taste of his mouth, kissing me once more, long and deep, before setting me back against the steering wheel and reaching for the door handle. “Let’s go before we’re here all night.

“Fine.” I sighed jumping off of his lap and out of the car.

“Hmm, that’s not a very safe way to drive a car.” I heard Paul yell as he walked up to the house, just arriving himself.

Jacob shot me look asking if he could go play, which I granted, and watched him laughing as he ran for Paul; tackling him and rubbing his knuckles into his hair. After making my rounds at everyone to the party, giving a big hello and congrats to the couple of honor, I found my place next to Leah.

“I don’t want to feel this way, I don’t like being a bitch, but I can’t help it. There wasn’t anyone else like Sam for me; I don’t think there ever will be either.”

“There will be, there was one for me. At least there was something mutual between the two of you. I was suffocated by the love Erick had for me…and imprints aren't only one sided.” I told her.

“That’s what I've been told. But it had to be with my cousin, my closest fucking cousin. Now I have to look at him all day, listen to him think about her constantly…at least until I run far away enough to lower the volume a little bit.”

“But honestly Leah, he has to go through the same thing. You know there isn’t any control over an imprint. If he knew things would have gone this way, he probably wouldn’t have ever started anything between you two. Would you have preferred that?”

There was a burst of cat calls and applause, a reaction of an abnormally cute moment between the couple of honor. “Times like these I do.” Lead grumbled. “But no, I’m glad what Sam and I used to have existed. I wouldn’t be the girl wolf everyone knows and loves today, right?” She shot me a half hearted grin.

“That’s exactly right.” I gave her a half hearted smile right back. “I have my own things to worry about with Jacob.” I turned my eyes to him. The position of the sun blasting him with halo around his entire body, making my stomach fill with butterflies and my heart fill with love.

“If you’re worried about Bella, I wouldn’t be. She made her choice, even when the vamp left her and Jacob tried to pick up the pieces. He’s never been with anyone the way he is with you. If I didn’t like you so much I would be pissed about him thinking about you too much.”

“Oh, so you like me too much huh?” I called her out, nudging my shoulder with her with mine and the both of us giggled. The commotion caused Jake to glance over and send a sweet grin my way. We kept our eyes on each other until someone grabbed for his attention on the deck and our little moment was over.

“What does Jacob think about me?” I asked Leah. I knew what I was thinking as my eyes took in his form. It was beginning to dawn on me that I wanted him in a way that was more that first love and out of control teenage hormones. Each time we were together, it always came to the point where we were almost going too far. It was getting harder and harder for each of us to stop. One last kiss couldn’t be the last kiss, and each article of clothing wasn’t the only thing that would end up coming off.

Jacob was such the gentleman though. Knowing with everything that was on our plate; bringing sex into the equation wouldn’t make things any easier. He never made me feel like he didn’t want me, just he could wait until out situation was better. I loved him for that, but soon, I wanted to love him in a different way. A physical way.

Those thoughts began to pink my skin and I tried to shake it out of my head, realizing then that Leah hadn’t answered my question. She looked almost uncomfortable on the topic, strange for the girl who wasn’t afraid to say anything that was on her mind.

“What’s wrong? What do you hear him thinking?” I pressed.

“I..it’s just…he is thinking good things about you. Some things that I don’t even want to hear about. But…” She trailed off.

“But what?”

“He loves you, he really does. But he wonders how long it’ll last.” She admitted.

“How long it’ll last? Is he thinking of breaking up with me? He hasn't said anything or acted any different or been distant or-” Leah cut off my panic.

“He’s wondering why he didn’t imprint on you. He’s scared he’ll imprint on someone else, that there might be a chance it will happen with Bella now that he doesn't want it to.”

That shut me up, but I couldn’t say I was surprised. I hadn’t imprinted on anyone either, I wasn’t sure I could. Especially since Erick had always been so set on me and only me; even when he had the pick of the litter, for lack of a better phrase, at his fingertips. Something like that couldn’t be one sided right?

“Oh shit, I’m sorry Mace. I really didn’t want to bring you to my level here, I swear. Misery always loves fucking company…” Leah apologized, grabbing my hands in her warm ones, but I slipped from her. Telling her it was okay, but keeping my eyes on the beautiful boy I could never keep.

He must have felt his eyes on me because he turned as if I’d called his name. The expression on my face couldn’t have been good, and the rare sight of Leah frantically apologizing, must have clued him in to something being wrong; due to the fact he sat his drink down and started towards me.

Maybe because it was such a happy time that no one was listing to the trees. Maybe it was the abundance of alcohol around that dulled the senses that no one could smell what was coming for us. Maybe it was the fact that the music was too loud to hear Erick calling me on my cell phone ten minutes ago, trying to tell me that the pack was on their way to the party, but not to celebrate. Maybe he would have told me then to get all the humans out of there, to get myself out. Too many factors could have gone differently in those last few moments, but we would never know. Jacob was coming to find out what was wrong with me, but he didn’t get far.

Because that was when the first vampire attacked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really have much to say here other than enjoy that little cliff hanger. Thank you so much for reading!

Comments ya'll. =D