The Outcome

Chapter Five

“Yeah, see you Jacob Black.” Brayden mocked me in a high pitched voice once we had made it back to out own lunch table. “We’ll meet again in my dreams tonight.” The last bit earned a round of hysterical laughter from everyone expect Erick and myself.

I don’t think I had been made fun of this much since I first danced with a boy in the third grade during some random etiquette lesson.

Max reached over to Brayden fluttering his eyelashes and making lovey-dovey eyes at him. “Thank you for catching me Jacob. I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t there.” his voice was pitched several octaves up and I rolled my eyes.

“I didn’t say anything like that and my voice isn’t that high. You all just need to shut up.”

“Oh Jacob, did you hear that,” Max continued, “Save me from them too, please!”

I decided I was no longer hungry and got up to throw my lunch tray away. “You know what? I think I’ll just talk to you guys after school. I walked out into the hall without waiting for a reply, leaning up against some lockers to gather my thoughts.

What the hell had happened back there? No one in my pack had imprinted on anyone yet, so I didn’t really have a clue on what it looked like. But when that boy had brushed against me with all his black haired and tanned skin glory, it was unlike anything I had ever felt before.

I wasn’t even sure if I could imprint, I mean, that was strictly a wolf thing right? I wasn’t really wolf and Jacob wasn’t pinning to be near me or anything. In fact, I saw him leaving the lunch room right after my little episode; I couldn’t keep my eyes off him…

“Hey, you alright out here?” Erick snuck up behind me, silent as could be.

“What? I’m fine, Erick, you fucking scared me. I’m just thinking.”

“You had the face on when you went down, like you were seeing a vision.” He was right, my mind drifting back to the weird images I saw. What ending did he spur to appear to me, how was I involved and how close was it to happen.

“Yeah, I did have a vision, but it’s hard to remember. I’ve never had one like this before.” I wasn’t ready to tell Erick exactly what flashed before me. I needed more time to work out what was going on in my head and it me heart.

“You’ll tell me when you remember something, right?”

“Yeah, of course.” Lies. I’d only tell him if he forced me.

Luckily, the bell rang signaling lunch was over and we had five minutes to get to our next class. I pushed off the wall and gave Erick a look, not really meeting his eyes.

I have woodshop, then I’ll meet you and the boys outside okay? Sound good.”

“Yeah, sounds good, Mace. Try not to lose any limbs in there alright?” He laughed, trying to joke around with me. I, however, wasn’t in the mood. Giving him a curt nod, I made my way down the hallway to the one class I really didn’t want to be in.

“Umm…yeah, I think I’m just gonna try to forget what happened just now. See you.”

~~~

The complexity of human emotion is amazing in its quickness. It switches from love to hate in a second, terror to elation in another, and sadness to cold indifference in the next. For me, it shifted the sluggish dread in my stomach to a nervous anticipation, accelerating my heartbeat to breakneck speeds.

There were thirteen boys in my class; fourteen stools placed around seven tables in the classroom, similar to science class tables. That meant there was only one seat remaining for me by the time I found my way to the classroom.

That seat was next to Jacob Black.

All eyes turned to me when I entered the classroom right before the late bell sounded. The echo of my shoes on the floor where the only sound in the following silence, but the stares didn’t bother me as they did in the lunch room. The only eyes I was focused on where the dark ones of the boy who triggered my vision.

I had never just stared at someone so out in the open before, but I couldn’t help myself. I mean, he was really looking at me in my eyes, unblinking and contemplative. By the time I actually set myself down on the stool and place my bag on the floor, the gravity of my actions caught up to me. I blushed and turned my eyes downcast to the black painted heavy protection table in front of me. Maybe being the only girl in a woodshop class wasn’t the best way to blend in.

The teacher didn’t make a big deal out of my being a good student, just running through the safety measures and classroom rules. I couldn’t be bothered to remember his name when a angel sat so close beside me. I could almost sense his wolf. Massive, like Erick, and the body heat expelling from him made me want to lean in and wrap myself up in it.

“Hey, you’re the girl who passed out earlier, right?” he had in fact leaned in to me and whispered in my ear. It took me a minute to answer him back, I thought I was dreaming up the contact for a minute.

“Yep, the one and only. I swear that never happens to me. I’m not a freak or anything.” I whispered back. Actually I was some sort of stuck half breed girl who couldn’t be fully human or fully werewolf sent on a mission to spy on your pack. But I wasn’t going to tell him that.

“I don’t think you a freak. I just hope you’re okay. You sure I didn’t push you?” There was a slight laugh in his words, deep and husky. I glanced down to the floor to make sure I wasn’t starting to drip down into the floor.

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine. Thanks. I honestly don’t know what happened.”

“Well, I honestly know what’s going to happen if you two don’t stop talking during my class. Not a good first impression.” The teacher appeared at our desk, voice firm but a slight smile on his face.

“Sorry, Mr. McDevitt. It won’t happen again.” Jacob spoke up for me.

A turned my head to look at him as the teacher continued on with his lecture. He looked down into my eyes again and smiled. I grinned back at him and felt heat rushed to my face.

I thought my feeling of dread had changed for this class, but now I had something else to worry about. Figures the only human thing in my life would be stress over beautiful boys.

~~~

I got out of class pretty quickly, not wanting to have to sit next to Jacob any longer without having my hands on him. I had never had urges like this before and I was embarrassed. I wanted to get back to the house, to my bed, and hide under the cover until I returned back to normal.

Even after stopping at my locker, I was still the first person outside the building. Hopefully waiting for the boys wouldn’t take too long. Because La Push was so close to the beach, the air was chilly with wind coming in from the ocean. The sun was shining down on my face and the heat felt good on my face. I tilted my head back to soak up more of it, letting the light stain my closed eyes a day glow red.

A shadow was cast over me taking away the sunshine and painting my eyelids back a normal black. I pooped one eye open and almost let out a gasp. Jacob stood before me in all his abnormally heighted glory.

“Umm, hey…” Stupid, stupid girl…

“Hey, I still feel a little bad about what happened at lunch. You mind if I give you a ride home? My bike is right over there”

I peeked around the side of him at a homemade looking motorcycle next to a few cars in the parking lot. I looked back up to his face and couldn’t help the grin the stretched across my face. I thought of myself pushed up against him, my hands wrapped tight around his middle, and my thighs gripping tight around his legs… What the hell was wrong with me?

“Aye! Macie! We’re ready over here!” I turned toward Brayden’s voice as he called out from the other end of the parking lot. They all had this kind of shit eating smirk on their faces.

Everyone, but Erick that it.

He had that Alpha face on and he was angry. Angry at me for so many things, but at the moment I thought he could suddenly read the thoughts I was just having about another boy. Not even just another boy, but another wolf. His face said he was about to start making commands and I didn’t want to push him to that point yet.

“I’m sorry, Jacob, but I already have a ride with the boys. I see you tomorrow, yeah?” I was already backing away from him toward my pack.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow.”

I smiled at him one last time and turned to walk toward my ending. At the last moment I felt Jacob reach out and grab my hand, turning me to face him once again.

“Call me, Jake”

I was breathless from the feel of his hand on mine and momentarily forgot about the anger in Erick’s eyes. “Okay, Jake.” He was the one to smile at me this time. I felt myself melt on the inside and then I was gone to finish the day with my own pack.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has taken forever and is filler-ish and I hate writing dialogue because I have no idea what I'm doing, and I sorry sorry sorry.

I will try my hardest to keep this story going at a reasonable pace, but I spend so much time going over chapter again and again; thinking that is I change this or that it would be better. But what do I know? It's you who knows. So drop a comment please, please, please, and thank you.

Until next time.