Status: active.

Harmonies

Seventeen.

Miraculously, Arabella had managed to dress herself and style her hair before Lennox woke from his nap. He had laid down in her bed at the same time she got up and was fast asleep again by the time she had chosen a dress. There was a soft tapping on the door to her apartment as she relinquished the last strand of hair from the hot curling tool. Flicking the switch and setting the iron down, the tapping echoed through the apartment again.

"I'm coming!" she said, glancing in the mirror as she stood. Her bangs fell in her eyes barely but swooped dramatically across her forehead. The locks that hung around her shoulders were in bouncing curls. From her bed, Lennox called.

Stopping to retrieve the small child from her bed, she made her way to the door. Lennox rested sleepily on the brunette's shoulder. A small smile graced his lips. A similar smile spread across the light pink lips of the teen as she opened the door and she realized who stood behind it. "Well, look at that sexy man, there," she said, giggling. She turned back toward her bedroom calling over her shoulder, "Lock the door please!"

In her closet, multiple button up silk shirts and one single pair of khaki pants hung. She had bought them for Lennox because he was going to be with her at the parties and need to look presentable. Arabella grabbed the pants and a deep blue shirt and proceeded to throw the boy gently to the bed. He laughed; his face turned red from his giggling.

"I take it you're playing at the Evans' party tonight?" Benjamin asked, taking in her appearance. The blue dress was the same color as the shirt she had pulled out for the younger boy. Her caramel colored eyes seemed lighter and flecked with more gold when she wore it. The blue silk clung tightly under her bust line and flowed freely to just above her knees. The dress hug her curves just enough to show her small, round butt through the fabric.

"Yeah, they don't trust anyone else to play at their parties anymore because come rain and come shine, I'm always there." She glanced at him then and noticed his staring eyes. "Like what you see?" she questioned, winking at him. Instead of sitting in front of her vanity, she took a seat on spinning stool in front of her keyboard. Her fingers brushed over the keys easily, the magnificent chords drifting up and away.

He couldn't take it anymore. He had been aching to kiss her again, every second since the kiss in the ocean. He pushed from the wall and walked to her. She was busy playing and didn't notice his approach but she looked at him stunned as he spun her around. Leaning down, he rested his hands on the keys, forcing them to produce a hideous chord.

"I hope that you're not offended, but I can't help myself," he whispered quickly before pressing his lips to hers. Her hands wrapped around his neck and she could feel his muscles relaxing under her touch. With a smirk on her lips she pulled back and stood, forcing him to take a step back.

"Well, look at that. You've had yourself one, two, three," she said, counting on her fingers with a mischievous look in her eyes. "Three kisses, and I do believe we've had zero dates and I'm not your girlfriend." She giggled, poking the boy's chest.

He rubbed his hand over the light stubble on his neck with a thinking look in his eyes. "How about you let me kiss you whenever and I'll take you on dates whenever?"

She pondered the offer. "What about if I want to kiss you? Or what if I don't want to go on dates?"

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. "Well, if you want to kiss me, I have no qualms with that. So peck away. As for the dates, if you don't want to go on dates, what do you want?"

She brushed her hands along his cheeks, letting her thumbs graze his lips. His eyes fluttered closed. "I want a relationship that isn't all about sex. One where I can call my boyfriend my best friend too. That's what I want."

All too fast, her hands were gone and when Benjamin opened his eyes, the bathroom door was shutting and Lennox sat quietly watching from the bed.