Status: active.

Harmonies

Five.

"Steven, pick up the phone," Arabella mumbled as the phone continued ringing. Steven was her ride to the party and he needed to come early so that she could put the car seat in his car. Currently, she was wandering around her apartment, phone clutched between her shoulder and her ear, in a simple red dress. It fell above her knees and a white ribbon ran under her breast and tied behind her. The dress was strapless and so every minute of so, she was constantly checking to make sure it hadn't fallen down.

"Hey baby girl," Steven muttered into the phone. "I'm leaving the house now. Think I'll be there in like ten minutes. We can have some alone time before this party you're going to."

Arabella gnawed at her nails. "Um, actually. . ."

Steven Regly's truck door closing was audible through the phone. He started the truck and pulled out before asking her if she was ever going to finish her thought. In her apartment, the brunette had almost finished getting ready and glanced over at her younger brother, watching some kids show with a giant smile on his face. He was laughing and giggling and his sister couldn't help but grin at the sight.

"There's someone you have to meet," she finished. The phone clicked. Steven had hung up on her. She sighed, throwing the phone across the room to land on the couch across from Lennox. Arabella, not having enough time to properly straighten her hair, had left the long spiral curls. She wore two simple diamond studs in each ear.

Staring in the mirror, she pulled the bobby pin apart with her teeth and slipped it in to hold her bangs out of her eyes. She was spraying a light coat of hair spray with the door thumped with a loud knock.

Arabella's bare feet made no noise as she left her bedroom and walked toward the door. Lennox had pulled himself up and was standing with the help of the back of the couch, watching the brunette intently.

Steven had not liked the idea of someone being more important than his alone time with Arabella. He wasn't a jealous, per say, just a little protective. How could she have someone over and not even tell him. When she opened the door and he took in her appearance however, he was distracted from his thoughts.

"You are so sexy," he whispered, pulling her in close and kissing her hard. She smiled into the kiss. Arabella knew that Steven was not a fan of kids and therefore was not good with them. This did not bother her though. If he didn't like it, she'd find someone else.

"Okay babe, I told you that you have to meet someone. His name is Lennox and he's eighteen months old," she said smiling widely, gesturing behind her to where Lennox stood staring at her. She had not expected Steven to react the way he did.

"I'm out. I'll call you, tomorrow or something. Get rid of the kid." He closed the door with him as he left. Looking from the door to the baby's face, she saw his crestfallen look. Letting out a breath, she found her phone on the couch. She stuck it in her purse and turned off the television.

"Looks like it's just you and me, Lennox," she said plopping down next to him. He giggled at her bouncing curls and fell down into her lap to play with them.