Status: just beginning;

Secret

Lovers come, lovers go

"VICTORIA CARCILLO, I MISSED YOU!!!" I heard a voice shout as loud as she possibly could.

"Natalie Versteeg, don't you ever run out on me like that! I was so worried about you!" I shouted, hugging Natalie tight.

"I'm sorry babe, I just needed to leave. I needed to see my big brother." She told me, a smile on her face.

"Where is the man of the hour anyway?" I asked her chuckling.

"He's out in the Caddy, you know how he loves to impress." She reminded me, causing me to smirk.

"Sounds like the old Steeger I knew and loved." I told her.

"The truth about that sentence isn't even funny. He's still the same man-child that he's always been." Natalie told me as I rolled my eyes.

"Didn't expect anything less." I said as a shiny white Escalade pulled up blaring some rap music.

"Kristopher Versteeg, how are you darling?" I asked throwing my bag in his backseat and sitting up front.

"Well don't you look wonderful, Miss Tor?" Kris smiled causing me to blush.

Even after being apart for three years he still knew the right words to say to make me blush.

"You're looking pretty good too, Sunrise treating you well?" I asked.

"Oh, they have nothing on you, baby." He winked causing me to roll my eyes.

The rest of the night resembled the car ride, there was a lot of back and forth banter between Kris and I causing Natalie to laugh herself to sleep. She finally passed out at around three in the morning, and Kris and I decided to take our little party outside.

"So honestly Tor, how've you been?" He asked me.

I gave out a little sigh as I sat down onto a wooden chair that Kris had had out on the patio. He passed me a beer and I turned to give him my answer.

"Honestly, I'm stressed. I have feelings for someone that I could never see myself having an honest relationship with, and on top of him I find myself thinking a little too hard about his best friend. My brother is heartbroken and calls me every single day, my best friend is in constant depression mood and my jeans are starting to fit me tight." I told him, words pouring out of me like a dictionary.

"You need to learn how to calm down, darling. Remember those nights when we used to get on the back of my Harley and drive downtown?" He asked me.

I smiled, the memory of the wind blowing my hair back and the sweet scent of Kris' cologne mixed with the smell of the city. Kris did always have a funny was of being able to calm me down.

"Those were always great nights, or do you remember the late nights on the beach?" I asked him, giggling a bit.

"The night we got caught by the security guard over on the pier?" He asked, making me smile.

"Or those late night parties at Laddy's when we'd get the cops called on us?" I asked him.

"Speaking of Ladd, I heard you and Kaner have a thing going on?" Kris asked making my heart stop for a moment.

"Patrick Kane and I are a completely difficult subject, I care about him, I honestly do, but I know for a fact that Pat and I could never be honest with each other." I admitted to him.

"So if he's the first guy, then this other guy, this best friend has got to my old Captain, huh?" He asked making me smirk.

"How do you know me so well?" I asked him.

"You always did love the pretty boys." Kris chuckled.

"You would know that, wouldn't you?" I winked.

"Come on darling, let's get to bed." He told me, grabbing my hand and helping me inside.

Kris and I dragged Natalie upstairs and packed her things so she would be ready by Sunday. We figured one more day in Sunrise would help her to relax and prepare her for the flight back.

"Goodnight, darling." He whispered as I walked towards the guest bedroom.

"Goodnight Kris." I told him, giving him a hug.

I don't know how it happened, or even why but when Kris and pulled apart he decided to plant a soft innocent kiss on my lips. I kissed him back, savoring the memory. No one quite had a handle on me the way Kris did. Pulling away from me, Kris gave me a small smile.

"There's still a lot of things I miss about you, Tori. You still have my heart." He admitted and I smiled.

"You know for a fact I will never love anyone as much as you." I told him, kissing him again.

I waked back into the room and peeled off my dirty clothes. I was completely exhausted and I couldn't wait until I could finally get myself to sleep.

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of loud chatter. Kris was singing some Fergie song while crashing through the rooms.

"Kris! You're driving me insane." I shouted, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Oh, you know you can't wait to get this party started." He chuckled while Natalie came running into my room.

"Victoria, he's so annoying! Can we kill him?" She asked me causing me to laugh.

"Yes, let's do it right away." I agreed as we ran downstairs.

That day we spent it all together, shopping, eating and laughing. Kris showed us all the best parts of Sunrise and when it was finally time for us to fall asleep, we were all out like a light. The next day Kris came with us to get Natalie on the plane and wish us a safe flight. I knew that he would miss her like crazy, but he knew as well that the only way to save his sister was to get her home. Or, so he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is just a filler, but like the last chapter it shows insight on Tori and explains why she's the way she is and her feelings toward Kaner and how hard it is for her to open up.