They Never Meant a Word of It

Chapter 6

I returned to my lunch table of popular, socially acceptable people and sat down feeling like a piece of shit. It was pretty cruel for me to do that to her. I mean, she's a real nice girl and I totally bashed her for who she is. Oh well, maybe we could hangout in secrecy sometime. I think I'd like that. Maybe I could talk to her and we could do something somewhere private...

Hello, loud gasping uproar. Thank you for blocking my thoughts.

I turned to see that this loud gasping uproar was coming from the "loser" table where people like my neighbor and his friends sat. I noticed everyone crowded around a girl... a girl that looked a lot like Claire!

I immediatley ran over to her side, not really caring what other people assumed of me.
"Claire? Claire!" I yelled at her unconsience form. "Someone get the nurse!"

After a while the nurse finally showed up and Claire was taken to her office. They put some ice on her forehead as I sat with a group of her lame friends in the waiting area.

You cannot fathom the awkwardness.

Pete, my neighbor, was the only one being nice to me, seeing as though he knew about my whole double life thing. He thought I was doing the right thing by making sure she was okay.

"Watcha doing tonight, Catty?" He whispered so no one but me would here. "Wanna come to a party? Me and the boys are gonna play it."

"Can't. I'm going out with..." Shit. Lost his name again. "...my boyfriend." I didn't even have to look to tell Pete was rolling his eyes at me.

"She's awake now. You can go see her. Maybe just one or two of you. She's very tired." The nurse told us all in such a perfect nurse-like way. A kid who I believe is her brother stalked into the room. Yelling soon filled the air.

"I should go... I hope she feels better." I waved goodbye at all the people who hardly knew, but still hated, me.

"Hey, Cathy!" Mr. J called after me as I marched down the hall. "You still coming to that party tonight?"

"Yeah." I mumbled without thinking as I prepared for my next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andie ish posting this. =D Good job Fairy. She wanted to post it but she couldn't cuz her computer was slow. D= Comments!