Status: Starting up!

Dark Come Soon

Chapter One

Chapter One:

My dorm house leader's name is Samantha Broggard, she's this short petite girl with strawberry blonde hair that goes a little past her shoulders, she has these violet colored eyes like nothing I've ever seen and manages to make me feel a little relieved about being here. Apparently a lot of freshmen are in situations like mine, finding out abruptly and then joining he Academy, others were part of magical families and have been preparing to come here for years, and some found out when their magic awakened and were able to play it off like they're accepted at a prestigious boarding school. Whatever the case, most students don't pry on others personal lives unless they're your dorm mates, they'll probably wont to know a bit about me.
She takes me down this long hallway and up to room 125, she explains all first years rooms start with a one, while second years start with a two and so on. She opens the door and I walk inside, noticing theres one girl who has curly fire red hair and caramel skin, she's talking with this other girl who has very short pixies like dark hair, and who's emerald eyes look at me curiously.
"Your roommate has arrived." Samantha says just as the red headed girl squeals.
"Ohmygosh! Finally! It's been three days, so we were wondering when our other roommate would get here." She bounds over to me, reaching out a hand. "I'm Dylan Heddison, and over there is Lizzy Winthrob."
"I'm Mia." I shake her hand and smile slightly, feeling awkward from my lack of female encounters over the past years.
"I have to go find another freshmen to show around, I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys later." Samantha waves before leaving the room, and I just stand there with my very happy looking roommates.
"You must be a seedling." Dylan says.
"A what?" I stare at her confused.
"Yep. You're a seedling all right, they're basically witches who are born into human families, it's completely random. Sometimes they're referred to as wildseed, like wild flowers. Lizzy over there is also a seedling, while I'm from a pureblood magic family."
"So you grew up in a house of witches? Does that mean you lived in the Otherworld?" She laughs.
"Not at all, it's too dangerous for under aged witches to live in the magic world, that's why most of them move to the human world when they have children. So the children can grow up, attend a magic school and then the family can go back to the Otherworld after a few years. Witches life spans are longer than humans, we live closer to a hundred and fifty compared to humans living only to around a hundred, because of that, we age a lot slower as well once we hit adulthood."
I try to process all of that information, but it's still sort of hard to believe that there was a whole other world out there other than the human one. The thing is though, it does make sense, having these abilities makes me know I'm supposed to be here, and I'm supposed to be meeting these people, call it fate.
"It's confusing at first." Lizzy adds. "I couldn't believe it when I was told about it, but at the same time it made sense. Once classes start, finding answers will be a lot easier."
"Well that's cool, when do classes start anyways?"
"We have two days until then, tomorrow morning we have freshmen introduction, then on Monday we have freshmen initiation and our start of classes. "
"So what are we to do until then?"
"The buses leave on Saturday after the introduction, so we could head to the mall with everyone else and check it out. There's also a lot to explore on campus, but basically you get a few chill days before classes start."
"If we go to the mall, how are we supposed too pay for stuff?"
"Well tomorrow morning, the dorm leaders will pass out an initial allowance of thirty dollars to everyone, after that, each week we'll earn five dollars. It's so they can not only teach us to handle our own money but responsibility as well."
"Oh okay." I nod, taking another look around the dorm room. I notice there are three beds, two in the main room then one thats a little more private by the window.
"The one by the window is yours." Dylan adds. "If that's alright."
"Yeah, works for me." I smile and go over to it, taking a look out the window. The view is of the courtyard, it's really beautiful during the day, there are cherry blossom trees lined up, and benches. I even see some students practicing magic, I stare in awe for another moment before turning back and looking at my roommates.
"I was going to take Lizzy to meet my brothers, want to come?"
I shrug. "Okay."
"Awesome, well lets go!"
We all head down the hall and over to the boys dormitory, her brothers are part of the falcon house, which would be considered cool if I knew what it meant. She goes up to one of the doors and knocks, just as a boy with rustic red hair bounds out, his eyes widen for a moment, before he bursts into a grin.
"Dylan!" He hugs his sister. "I knew you would come find me soon, it's hard to be away from me for long amounts of time." He pats her hair and she about slaps him, before laughing nervoulsy and nodding toward us.
"These are my roommates, Lizzy and Mia." She points to each of us and her brothers nods.
"I'm Jake, nice to meet you." I notice his gaze locking with Lizzy's and feel sort of umcomforatble, but Dylan announces we need to go see if Drew is anywhere.
We ended up not fiinding him, but apprently Drew is this hotshot senior. He gets really good grades and is the star child of the family. From Dylan's desrption of him, he sounds like some blonde haired, blue eyed god. I really don't understand how their genetics worked in that way.
Most of the day was pretty boring, hanging around campus with the girls, and then her brothers friends. I didn't talk very much, I listened to them and picked up on conversations, but thats about it. I don't understand many of the things everyone talks about, and I don't really get the whole gossip aspect either.
By the time we head back to the dorm, dinner is over and I'm completely drained. Tomorrow we're all planning to head to the mall, and I assume it's going to be a day similar to this one. As I lay down to go to sleep, I think back to all the smiling faces I saw today and all the chatter, trying to find a sense of belonging in this alien world. Thinking positive does help, but for some strange reason theres this doubt in my heart, as if not everything is as it seems.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is chapter one of the story! :) I hope you guys enjoyed, after the first few chapters the plot will unravel, I just need to get it all set up. So please bear with me if it seems boring.