Something Close in Me

Newspaper report - Echo

May 1st 2012
THREE WOMEN DEAD
IN HIGH SCHOOL STABBING.

After being called to n incident in the Brighouse area, West Yorkshire police erg all people not to panic. ‘The situation is under control.’ Said PC Luke Charlton when asked on scene, the story seems to differ from each officer. Said by Detective J Samuels, ‘We are monitoring the situation and erg all parents not to panic. The attack was random and we strongly encourage parents not to keep their children away from schools.’
The incident occurred at approximately 2p.m. yesterday and police were on scene within fifteen minutes. Head teacher June Phillips had this to say, ‘I can’t comment on how devastated I am. Never had I expected this to have happened in my school. We do thorough and regular security checks to ensure both our staff and students safety. I honestly have no idea how this can have happened. We are such a secure school.’
Miss Phillips later told the police that she had no idea who could have done this and could not suggest any names. Despite this incident, the police investigators will have received all information needed by the May 3rd and the school is expected to open the following Monday.
Said by Deputy head teacher Nicholas O’Brien, ‘Full attendance is expected from all students. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you when you come back. Preparation for June exams is advisable.’