Status: Active

Not The American Average

02

Since that day I met Danny we have been around each other everyday and were like two pee`s in a pod. Today was our birthday of turning 16 and I was so excited. We swore no presents to each other. I was just happy that I was technically really a teen. We spent our birthdays together since our parents already gave us our presents and stuff and told us to have fun.

We went to the mall and went around Hot Topic getting clothes we wanted and shit like that. We enjoyed every minute of each others company. We were completely tired and out of mall money and decided to go home. I was sad to see the day had to end. I hugged him tightly as he hugged me back tighter.

"I love you best friend," He smiled.

"I love you too, best friend," I smiled.

We walked into our houses and that was the last day that Danny Worsnop was innocent.

The next few days he blew me off for whores and got fucked. His innocence gone and mine still intact. He started buying cigarettes and getting beer from adults. I was horrified at what he had become and finally decided, Danny didn't need me anymore. I was kinda hoping I was right about that, but I was wrong.

He tapped on my door at night and I opened it to see him shitfaced.

"Hello, beautiful," He slurred, his breath making me choke.

"Danny, what the fuck!" I shrieked.

"Shh! Don't wake up your parents!" He slurred more. Holding onto me for support.

"Danny, do you see what you`ve done to yourself? You are not the Danny I once knew!" I shrieked again.

"Abree! Stop! Your gonna wake up your parents and they`ll be mad!" He whisper screamed as he covered my mouth. His hands smelt disgusting and I don't even know what he did with those hands.

I ripped his hand from my mouth.

"Danny, go the fuck home, i`m not going to deal with you drunk, why`d you come anyways? Just to see me pissed?" I whispered.

"No, I came to hang out with you," He said, falling on my bed.

"Danny, get off my bed, Danny....Danny!" I yelled at him with no reply.

I started to freak out, he cant be dead. I checked his pulse and relaxed. I set my trashcan beside him and crawled into my bed and slept.
______________________________________________________________________
I woke up to the sound of throwing up and groaning. I groaned and got up and tripped over a body on the floor and I fell with a thud.

"Fucking hell!" I yelled and turned to see Danny groaning and holding his ears.

"Be quiet, you're being too loud." He groaned again.

"You shouldn't even be drinking at this age, Danny. What the fuck is wrong with you?" I said. Getting back up.

"I love alcohol, though."

"Well it doesn't love you!"

He groaned and threw up again and I had to get away from him for awhile. I thought for a minute and remembered coffee sobers you up.

I fixed him a coffee and went up stairs to him laying, breathing hard. I sat him up and handed him the coffee and sat down with his head in my lap for support.

"Drink this, Danny. I want you the way you used to be, sober."

He drank it quickly and handed it back.

"Thank you," He said, putting his head on my legs. "I don't know what`d I do without you."

"You`d probably be at home without me right now." I chuckled as he glared at me.

"What am I doing here anyways?" He asked.

"You got in my house and woke me up knocking on my door where you passed out on my bed and here we are." I explained.

"Oh, well thank you for being here for me."

"Your welcome, I wont always be here for you, though, Danny. I`m not always gonna let you in my house."

He frowned, "I understand."

"I`m glad you do."

We sat in silence as I brushed out his long side swept hair that I loved dearly. He stared at me as I did, and for once again, I felt complete.

He got up and looked at me and helping me up. He hugged me as his own scent engulfed me. I hugged him tightly.

"I love you more than anything, best friend. Please remember that." He said, with his chin on my head.

"I will, and I love you more than anything, too, best friend." I smiled as I felt him smile.

We stood there for awhile just hugging each other until he let go.

"I have to go, I have someone to see," He looked at me.

I frowned, "Oh, yeah, one of those sluts you mean?"

He looked down, "yeah, i`m sorry, i`ll see you soon."

"Yeah, take a shower before you get here, please."

He nodded and left me in my room where tears tried to escape.