Taken

Chapter Three

As Lila turned around she saw five army men circling her. She quickly grabbed her knife and held it out in front of her. A tall mam stepped forward triumphantly.
“You are a very hard girl to find,” he said with a smile.

“I’m flattered they sent five guys to come and get lil’ ol’ me. I’m really not that bad,” Lila said with a grin.

“We were expecting more,” the man said through clenched teeth. “Now where are the others? We know there’s more.”

“Nope. Sorry to disappoint,” Lila replied smugly.

“Take her,” the leader ordered, turning his back to Lila and the four other men. They lunged at her grabbing her arms and legs. She blindly slashed her knife at the men that were holding her.

“I don’t like being touched,” she growled through clenched teeth.

“Now honey we don’t want to hurt you but if we need to we will.” Lila smiled at the challenge. She never was one to say no to a challenge. She quickly kicked him in the gut, remembering her boxing and Ju-jitsu training. A loud grunt came from the man.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” he said pulling out his gun. With one click of his finger Lila was on the ground writhing in pain of the fiery hot metal that had just pierced her skin. Her eyesight got fuzzy and she couldn’t move her legs. With one last burst of energy she swiped her knife at the leader hearing the satisfying sound of the blade through his flesh. Then everything went black.

When Lila first woke up she couldn’t open her eyes. She could feel the burning and aching of her leg but that was it. All she could do was listen to the people she heard talking.

“What does Captain Harper want us to do with the bitch?” the first man asked

“He wants to use her. He says she’s just what they need,” the second man replied.

“What about the others, have we found them yet?”

“No,” the second answered. Lila had a sudden burst of happiness. But when she tried to move her hands and legs she found that they were bound to the table.

“I think she’s awake,” the first man said. Lila realized that it was the leader. The bastard who’d shot her. Shit, Lila thought, how am I gonna get outta this? She quickly steadied her breathing and calmed herself.

“Don’t be stupid, she’s still asleep.” Knowing she couldn’t move and not wanting to talk to Captain Harper, Lila pushed herself into a deep sleep.

When Lila awoke she was in a pitch black room. There was nothing but concrete walls in the room. She lay on the cold hard ground not knowing where she was. “Shit!” she whispered, she had left the kids with three strangers that she didn’t even know. Her hand went down to feel the bullet wound she had received. They had wrapped it with gauze but that was it, and the pain was almost unbearable. She sat there for a long while not having any food, water, or anything to do. As time passed she got more and more anxious. And soon just fell back asleep.

Lila felt a swift hard kick to her bullet wound, she wailed as the pain shot through her body. “Get up… Now!” the man demanded. When Lila opened her eyes she saw a big grin on the man’s face as he laughed at her pain. He had a long dark cut on the left side of his face, which went through his eye and to the side of his mouth. The left side of his face was a dark green and purple bruise, his eye was swollen shut and the cut was dripping with puss. She then realized he was the leader.

When Lila didn’t get up right away the man pulled out his gun and pointed it at her. Not wanting the unbearable pain again, Lila tried to stand. The attempt failed and she fell back down, hitting her head on the ground.

“Here,” the man said throwing a pair of crutches to her feet. Still having the gun trained on her, she reluctantly got up putting her weight on the metal crutches. Then the man pushed her in front of him, the gun pressed to her back. When they got to the hallway she followed two men that were waiting for her. They led her to a small room that looked like an office. The man with the gun pushed her inside causing her to fall, and slammed the door shut. Hearing the sound of a lock clicking into place she stood, using the support of the crutches. The only other person in the room was a man about as tall as her. He looked much older than Lila and had white hair.

“Ah, Lila Mayfield it is so good to finally meet the girl that took out four of my men with only a small knife. You have been a very naughty child haven’t you? Helping people run away from their duty to America. Tsk, tsk. But I think you have been punished enough, don’t you? Before we send you off to start your training, I would like you to have a seat,” he said beckoning to a small chair in the corner of the room. Ignoring him, she continued to stand. Seeing she was not going sit the man continued, “I thought I might inform you that they are safe and have already started training.”

“Why do I need to know that?” Lila asked in a low grumble.

“I thought it might make you want to be like them and start your training,” he said in a calm voice.

“Well, you know nothing then, do you? You’re a crazy asshole who kidnaps children.” Lila could see anger flare up in his eyes, satisfied she managed to get a rise out of him; Lila calmed down and began to relax.
“Guards, Take her and put her with the others,” he demanded.