Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Shayne

Great, another day at this stupid school.

I waltz into first lesson like I own the place. And why wouldn't I? Everyone knows not to get on my bad side. I would say that the only person here who is scarier than I am is Tommy, and he is frightening. Like even I am scared of the guy.

I let my eyes scan the room searching for a certain kitten. When I find him I smirk to myself, he has an open seat next to him. I recognize the jaguar Mitch next to him, and know for a fact that he won't like me sitting next to his new friend. Even better.

"Morning Mitch," I say then direct my gaze at Munro, "Morning kittycat."

"H-h-hey I'm not a kitten" Munro manages to stutter out.

"But you're so little, like a kitten" I say with a grin, I can see the annoyance becoming clearer on his face.

I let it be for a few minutes as the teacher walks in the room. Only, it's not our teacher- it's a sub. Oh yes. This could work to my advantage.

"Hi guys, my name is Miss White, and I'm your sub for the day. The teacher didn't really leave a lesson plan, so I'm just gonna make up my own assignment. Turn to the person on your right, and introduce yourself, and tell them something interesting about yourself. Then you each have to write a paragraph about each other." she said, looking proud of herself for coming up with something for us to do.

I just smirked turning to my right.

"Well Kitty looks like it's just you and me." I try to make my voice sound less sarcastic than usual, since he is stuck working with me for the next hour or so.

"My name is Munro." He says, for the first time speaking without stuttering.

"And I'm Shayne." I say, a shit eating grin crossing my face as I realize that he already knows that.

"So Kitty, I mean Munro, tell me something interesting about yourself?" I ask him.

"Uhm, there's really not much to say about me. You should go first." he says looking down at his hands.

"Fine. Here's the most basic thing I can tell you about myself. I am a selfish asshole and I like to piss people off." I tell him, being completely honest.

"I don't believe you." Munro says shaking his head. "If you really were as bad as you say you are, people here wouldn't worship you like they do. Sure I'm new here, but I see it. They all admire you, so you really can't be that big of an asshole."

I shrug off what he says. He doesn't know me. I know me, and I know I'm a bad person. If I weren't my life wouldn't be where it is right now.

"Well if you aren't going to tell me about yourself, I will just make shit up." I say turning to Munro once again.

He shrugs his shoulders in a manner that shows he's perfectly fine with that. So I turn to my paper and he turns to his. I spend the rest of the time writing a paper that the teacher will most likely tear to shreds. Instead of writing about Munro as a person, I describe what he looks like, from his big brown eyes to the too innocent vibe that he gives off. She is going to hate it.

When the bell finally rings, we hand in our papers, and I decide to let Munro leave without a hassle. But then I think better of it and grab his wrist as he's walking out the door.

"It was fun getting to know you kitten" I whisper into his ear. I feel him shudder, and watch as he dashes down the hall, speeding away from me.

I chuckle lowly to myself, and realize that I haven't thought once about how much this place sucks during the entirety of first lesson. And it's all thanks to one certain little kitten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh Shayne :) Lol so I always post directly after shotinthedark705, meaning there usually aren't any new comments up by the time I'm posting, and so don't take personal offence to the fact that she will usually be thanking new commenters :) anyhoozers, hope you like. Comments are wonderful? Tell us if you love it? Hate it? Want a piece of cake?
-MIssJaneWrites