Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Shayne

I was laying on my bed with the music blaring out of my speakers. Asher had decided to take a shower, leaving me to myself for at least an hour. That guy is like a girl, obsessive about he looks. His showers are like forty-five minutes long, then he blow dries his hair, then he straightens it. I don't think I have once in my life put that much effort into my appearance.

I was singing along to Heroes by All Time Low, and I was totally jamming out. Liza always tells me I have a good voice, she loves when I sing to her. Honestly, I just like to sing, I'm not so sure that I'm any too good at it.

Anyways, I was enjoying my peace after having slept all day to make up for last night, I wasn't exactly in my best mood.

There was a sudden pounding on my door, and needless to say I was pissed that my alone time was being interrupted. I paused my music long enough to shout, "Whoever it is go the fuck away!"

I hit play again, but the knocking on my door resumed. I paused my music again, and stormed to the door.

"This better be fucking good I was-" I cut myself off as I took in who had been standing in front of the door.

My sister was standing there, holding a dripping, shivering Munro. His lips were bluish and he was shaking from head to toe, with whole chunks of hair that had completely frozen over.

"Oh shit." I whisper.

I help Liza drag Munro in. He looks up at me with his big kitten eyes, filled to the brim with tears. It causes me physical pain to see him like this.

"Alright Liza, I need you to go to the kitchens, get some hot soup, and hot tea. If they don't want to make it for them tell them it's for the headmaster. They'll take one look at you, and won't doubt it for a second." I instruct my sister who looks about as shaken up as Munro. She nods, and heads for the door.

I open the door to our bathroom with absolutely no regard for Asher's privacy. He is standing in front of the counter, looking in the mirror as he blows his hair dry. Thank goodness he has a towel wrapped around his waist. "Out now Asher." I order him. He begins to protest but stops short when he turns around to see me, and the broken looking Munro.

As soon as Asher leaves the room I turn to Munro. He's shaking like crazy. I pull him into my body, not caring that he's soaked, and freezing.

"It's alright kitten. I'm here. Now, I'm gonna set up a bath for you, then let you soak in it 'kay?" I ask him. He doesn't respond, so I start running the water. I kiss the top of his head before heading to the door. But right as I'm about to go out, Munro whispers, "Please don't leave me alone right now?"

I nod, letting him know that I will stay. I pour a bunch of bubble bath (yes Asher brought that too) into the tub so we can avoid any, ahem, awkward situations. I may be a total asshole but I would never take advantage of the adorable boy sitting in front of me. I peeled off his gloves gently, and then turned around allowing for him to undress and slip into the bubblebath.

Munro clears his throat to let me know that I can turn back around. I settle myself down right next to the tub. Munro looks uncomfortable for a moment, and I know he is waiting for me to ask him what happened.

"We don't have to talk about it kitten. You can tell me when you're ready." I whisper. Munro just nods, and closes his eyes as he soaks. I'm glad to see that he is regaining some color, and his lips are no longer blue.

After about a half hour in the bath, Munro signals that he's ready to get out. I bring in a pair of my pajamas for him, and wait outside the door as he changes.

When he walks back into the bedroom I can't help but chuckle. My pajamas are huge on him. The shirt is practically falling off his shoulder. It's pretty freaking adorable.

"C'mon, let's go to sleep 'kay kitten? Tomorrow's Sunday so we don't have classes again, so we can sleep in a bit." I say gently and quietly- Asher passed out on his bed a while ago.

"'Kay" Munro whispers.

I climb into bed, and Munro stands awkwardly by the edge of the bed.

"C'mon kitten. We are gonna snuggle." I say, pulling him down so we were laying in the same position we were lastnight-Munro ontop of me. What can I say the gentle cat in me comes out late at night. And who doesn't love a good snuggle?

As Munro settles, I bury my head in the crook of his neck. Awh he smells like strawberries from the bubble bath. I wrap my arms around his waist, securing him ontop of me, and feel him burying his own head into my neck.

It's so quiet that I almost miss it, but as he falls asleep I hear, "G'nite Shayne. Thank you." and then his lips are pressing a gentle kiss into the side of my neck where his head is buried.

And I won't lie my heart fucking soars.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'Awwww, Shayne turns into a big pile of mush for his kitten. Teehee yes you get two updates from me tonight cuz I was home sick all afternoon, and had a whole lot of time on my hands lol. So comment, let us know what you love, what you hate, what songs stuck in your head? (cuz I keep singing The Westerner by Falling in Reverse <3)
-MIssJaneWrites