Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Shayne

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I reach over and slam the snooze button on my alarm clock, deciding that I couldn't care less if I miss another lesson. All that will happen is that I will end up in the headmaster's office...again.

I roll over and attempt to fall back to sleep. But just as I finally feel myself slipping into darkness the phone in my room goes off. I sigh, and throw the covers off of myself.

As soon as I pick up the phone an all too familiar voice fills my ear.

"Good you're up. Just making sure you didn't think that you could get away with skipping lessons again." he says in a falsely cheerful voice.

"Does everyone get a wake-up call from the headmaster? Or am I just super fucking special?" I reply with a hint of venom in my voice.

"Young man you can't talk to me like that! I'm-" I cut him off before he can even think about finishing that sentence.

"Pissing me off, that's what you are. Now calm your tits I'm getting dressed, and then being the perfect student I am I will make sure that I am on time for first lesson." I hiss into the phone before hanging up.

Deciding that one conversation with the headmaster is enough to satisfy me for the morning, I head to my closet to get ready. I pull on a pair of black skinny jeans, red converse, and a red tee-shirt with a black leather jacket over it. Red is the color that we tigers are stuck wearing as the schools version of a uniform. I hate it, it kind of clashes with my hair.

Once I deem myself semi-presentable I head out of my room. In the halls the people part for me like I'm Moses parting the Red Sea. They all know who I am, and they all know that they should not fuck with me.

I finally make my way into my first lesson. Every day we are forced to take regular curriculum courses- these courses are for everyone, from every different clan of shifter. But every afternoon we take specialized courses that build up our strength, and teach us to fight- these classes are specified by what clan of shifter you are.

I had gotten to first lesson with ten minutes to spare, and people were slowly trickling in. Right before the bell rings I hear a bunch of whispers, and turn to see what the fuss is about. My eyes immediately zero in on a boy- one who I haven't seen before, and trust me when I say I know everyone. Hmmm new blood.

I look closer at the boy, my keen sense of vision (hey it's a feline thing) darting to the chain on his neck. Each student wears a pendant of whatever clan they belong to. His is a jaguar. Awh, a weakling, a kitten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Opinions? They make the world go round XD or maybe not... but still... let us know what you're thinking :)
-MIssJaneWrites