Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Shayne

I was sitting on my bed, sobs wracking my body. I had hurt him.

I’d fucking hurt Munro. My sweet little kitten.

It didn’t matter that I was angry. My anger should never have clouded my judgment so much that I would hurt him. How could I hurt him? I like him way too much to ever hurt him. It physically pained me to see the marks on his cheeks, the ones that I thought that Tommy had caused. Now I just felt sick. I’d done that. I’d damaged his perfect face.

I had gone to my room so that I could be alone, and wallow in my misery. Of course fate had other plans for me. Maybe five minutes or so after I had settled myself on my bed, I could hear the door unlocking.

“Asher go the fuck away. I don’t wanna hear it.” I whined, very much like a child.

“I guess it’s a good thing I’m not Asher then.” Said a voice I knew too well.

Munro let himself in, closing the door behind him. I didn’t bother looking up, I couldn’t bear to look at his face, and know that I was the one who had messed it up.

I heard his footsteps approaching me after a moment of silence, and then I felt the bed dipping, signaling an added weight. But it wasn’t until I felt a tiny pair of arms wrapping themselves around my curled up body that I spoke.

“No Munro.” I whimpered pathetically. “Back off.”

“Shayne don’t be like this. It was an accident. I’m perfectly fine, and I’m not mad at all.” Munro stated. But it wasn’t enough to convince me.

“Munro I’m no good for you. We have barely been together for twenty-four hours and I’ve already hurt you. You deserve so much better than that.” I whispered.

“Seriously Shayne? Have you seen the rest of me? I have scars littering my body. One more scar is not the end of the world.” Munro said, looking at me with those big kitten eyes.

“But I caused this one.” I whimpered. “And I won’t let it happen again.”

“Fine. Don’t let it happen again. That’s all there is to it. Lesson learned.” He stated, sounding like he just wanted this disagreement to be over.

“But it’s not that simple Munro. I didn’t even know I did it. How will I ever be able to stop myself from doing it again? And I just won’t risk that!” I shrieked, finally letting my emotions get the best of me.

“So what Shayne? We end this? It’s over because of a stupid accident? Look, I won’t be doing this whole up then down roller-coaster relationship deal. So you either get over it or get over me. I will not let you drag this on if you don’t want to be with me.” He hollered, but towards the end it turned into more of a whimper.

I looked up at him, trying to see how bad the damage I’d caused was. It was not pretty to say the very least, four jagged lines, scratched deep into his perfect cheek.

“Munro…” I trailed off, unsure of what to say. Of course I wanted to be with him. I wanted it more than anything really. And I hated how he automatically jumped to the conclusion that a scar would change my opinion of him. It’s just that I had caused that scar. And I didn’t know what I would do to myself if I ever did that to him again.

But the thought of not having Munro… it was really an awful prospect.

“Well Shayne? What is it? Because if you don’t tell me what you want in the next five seconds, I’m going to walk out that door. And when I do, do not expect me to walk back in here any too easily.” He stated.

“5”

“4”

“3”

“2”

“Oneee” he dragged out.

“You.”

My whisper dragged out across the silence, and for a moment I feared he hadn’t heard me.

“What’d you say?” Munro asked me, eyes wide.

“You. That’s what I want Munro. If you’re willing to forgive me, then all I want is you. But on one condition.” I stated firmly.

“What’s that?”

“If I ever go off on a rampage like that again, I want you to walk away. Don’t try and stop me, no matter how bad it is. I will not be able to be okay if I ever hurt you again. You got that?” I ask him, feeling a sense of nervousness filling my gut.

“Deal.” He says, and my nerves dissipate. “But on one condition.”
“What would that be?”

“You stop calling me Munro. It’s just that I’m so used to you calling me kitten, it’s weird when you say my name. But if you tell anyone that I like it, I will cut your dick off in your sleep. And then we will both be sorry. So just remember that. Oh, and I wanna kiss.” He said, all the while looking directly at me.

“Fair enough kitty” I whisper, reaching out for him once again.

He gets the hint, and quickly hops back onto the bed, and crawls into my lap.

“Well now that that’s over with” he states, and then his lips are crashing against my own.
*****
“Pssssssttttttt Shaynie?” Munro whispers from his seat next to mine in History of Shifters.

“What kitten?” I ask, not annoyed, merely amused. It’s pretty clear that he’s had a few Rockstars already this morning.

“I’m going to the bathroom… meet me there in five?” he asked me, with a huge grin plastered on his face.

I snickered, but nodded my head. He got permission to leave, and I waited extremely impatiently for a few minutes to pass. After about two minutes, I decided fuck it. I wanted to get out of this class…plus my kitten was waiting for me.

“’Scuse me? Can I go to the bathroom? I have really got to piss.” I stated bluntly, much to the amusement of my classmates. In fact the only person who wasn’t laughing was Tommy. But that might have just been because I was pretty sure he couldn’t do much of anything. Yeah- he was that beat up. What can I say? My boyfriend is a bad ass.

“Charming Shayne.” The teacher rolled her eyes, but nodded her head anyway.

I strolled out of the room, and headed straight towards the boys bathroom.

I had barely opened the door before Munro had launched himself at me.

“Well hello to you too kitten” I said with a grin.

“Shhhhhhh. Too much talkie, not enough kissy.” Munro pouted, and then leaned in, firmly attaching his lips to my own.

I am not ashamed to admit that we spent the next ten minutes making out in the bathroom.
*****
It was about a week after our…fight, and things were actually going really well. And honestly I hadn’t been this happy in a really long time. Nor had I avoided trouble for so long.
“Shayne you are such a girl. It’s a party. Just hurry up and get dressed already!” Liza groaned from her perch on Asher’s bed.

Tonight the jaguars were having a party, and had invited me, Liza, and Asher to tag along.

“Well fine. How do I look?” I asked her, since she clearly was sick of me.

She looked me up and down, eyeing my so-tight-they-could-be-painted-on-white/ripped skinny jeans, and black All Time Low band-tee, with purple writing of course to match my hair. And I’d returned the rings in my lips to black as well.

“Hot. As in totally gorgeous, but not fuckable because…you’re my brother and that would just be weird. But I’m sure Munro will think you look fuckable.” Liza stated, always the charmer.

“Thank you…I think? And you look nice too.” I stated, and it was true. She was wearing a purple strapless dress, that had a layer of black see through material over the top, so that the dress was sort of blackish purple. What don’t give me that look…I’m a dude! Anyway, she did look really pretty, and I was a little bit afraid of the guys that would be all over her.

“Well if you’re ready, let’s head out assface! Everyone else is already there!”

I laughed and we headed out the door.
*****
We entered a darkish room, with a disco ball flashing, and the occasional burst of strobe lights. Overall, it was a pretty sweet setup.

We had barely made it through the door when there was a small body attacking me.

“You really enjoy jumping on me don’t you kitten?” I asked, loving the way his cheeks flared up at the nickname.

“It is pretty damn fun” he said with a smirk, “but not as fun as this!” he stated, leaning in a kissing me deeply.

“Yeah, that’s pretty damn fun.” I say, grinning down at him once we’d pulled away.

It had been a little over a week since our argument, and he had been way more affectionate since then. Not that I was complaining. No I wasn’t complaining at all.

I let my eyes rake over my boyfriend, smiling at how great he looked. He was wearing tight as it gets black skinny jeans, with a purple and black plaid shirt. And of course his adorable glasses, and a purple beanie.

“You look gorgeous” I all but shouted over the music.

“You’re looking pretty fine yourself.” He stated, and then leaned up on his toes so that he was right in my ear to whisper, “I’d totally tap that”.

I gulped, looking down at the small boy in front of me. He was now just looking at me, like he hadn’t just said that.

“C’mon I wanna dance!” he said shortly after, and I allowed him to lead me to the dance floor.

Of course his definition of dance is not quite what you’d expect from a sweet little thing like him. It started off just goofing around, dancing like idiots. But then, he had pressed himself against me, back against my crotch, swaying to the music.

All I could think was “Don’t get a boner”.

So to distract myself I looked all over the room. It was then that I noticed Liza, a look of fury painted over her face, as her eyes watched something that only she could see. But I allowed my eyes to follow her line of vision.

Jack and Holly were making out, and practically groping each other on the dance floor.

Oh.

She was jealous.

But my mind couldn’t dwell on that for long, because Munro was still “dancing”.

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I spun him around, kissing him hard.

I would deal with Liza later.

We kissed for a while, and when we pulled apart, just rested our foreheads against one and other, slow dancing.

And that moment was perfect. But things don’t tend to stay perfect for long do they?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrightyyyy :) drama drama drama.... I wonder what Shayne could be referring too? Lol well time to say... everyone who is reading, subbing, commenting... you guys are just fantastical, the most awesomesauce people ever really. :P
Well let us know if you love it, hate it, or want a hippopautomus for christmas?
Oh! And check it out, Liza will have a new picture soon :)
k really now that's it.
-MIssJaneWrites