Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Shayne

Last night was the first time that I had slept in Munro’s room instead of him sleeping in mine. I guess I hadn’t really thought about him missing his own bed. I feel like such a douche. It’s just… I was scared that his roommates would still be mad about that time that I beat up Mitch. Speaking of which, I should really apologize for that.

I don’t really know what woke me up, but I just can’t seem to fall asleep. It’s only about three in the morning, meaning I have a few more hours before school starts.

But I am a little bit worried. I still haven’t gotten in trouble for my explosion during that Winter Banquet. And there really should have been a fall out. I told the entire school, as well as the headmaster’s entire family that he was a cheating jackass. Of course it was all the truth, but still, I haven’t gotten in trouble yet and that is truly concerning.

I guess the headmaster must have rethought sending his precious son to the school. The prick hasn’t shown up yet.

Whoops, I probably shouldn’t judge him yet, seeing as I don’t even know the kid. I mean it’s really not his fault that his father is an absolute jackass.

Turning from my thoughts, I decide to look around the room. First I look over at Mitch’s bunk. Him and Louis are curled up together, looking like the happiest couple in the world. They really are adorable together. Then I look over at what should be Jack’s bunk. Liza is sleeping alone curled up on it, and Jack is on the floor next to the bed, facing the bed as if he’s watching it in his sleep to make sure nothing happens to her. Smart move on his part not sleeping on the bed with her, I might have had to kill him, and that would be a shame because I have kind of taking a liking to the kid. Asher is sleeping on the couch in the corner; phone in hand, as if he had fallen asleep talking on it. He must have fallen asleep talking to Micah.

Then I look down at Munro. I was laying on my back, and he was half on my chest, his head resting just above my heart. Every few minutes his nose would scrunch up a little bit, and then his lips would curve up into a little smile. I feel like such a stalker just watching him sleep like this, but he’s fucking adorable. Seriously, I have never seen anyone even as close to as cute as he is.

God I am whipped.

Closing my eyes I feel myself drifting off to sleep, my last coherent thought being that I was so glad there was not much in the way of trouble in our lives right now.
*****
I woke up to Jack screaming.

He’d better be fucking dying. I only got three hours of sleep, and if he isn’t already fucking dying he will be when I’m through with him.

I open my eyes to see him standing at the open door, half in the room half in the hallway.
“Get out of here bitch! I don’t want you! I had you remember? You were nothing fucking special!” Jack screamed, and I had a pretty strong feeling it was Holly standing in the hallway.

“You used to want me jackass! What happened?” Holly shrieked. Yup, it was definitely Holly. Her nasally voice is quite distinctive.

Jack’s voice lowered so that it was barely audible. If my hearing wasn’t so good I would have missed what he said.

“Holly you’re not her. I’m sure really deep down inside you’re a good person. Like really deep down. And Holly someday, some guy is going to be lucky to have you. But I’m not him. You can try and change all you want, but you’re never going to be Liza. So find someone who is going to want you for you Hollz. You and I were never going to be anything more than the occasional drunk hookup.” Jack stated, stepping back and closing the door.

I closed my eyes again so that Jack wouldn’t know I had been listening.

But I was glad I did. He clearly cared about Liza. Maybe I could be okay with them being together.

Maybe.
*****
I woke again about an hour later, this time though, we actually had to get up for school. Jack had shaken me awake, and now it was my job to wake up Munro.

I feel guilty waking him up, he is just so cute when he’s asleep.

“Munro,” I said, gently shaking him a little bit.

Nothing.

I moved out from under him hoping that that would get a reaction out of him. Nope, he just rolled onto his back, continuing to sleep.

I called his name, and I shook him, but all that I got was a groan.

Well fine. I will just have to try something else.

Smirking, I lean down, and place a kiss on his lips.

“Shayne!” he shrieked “I was sleeping!"

“Not anymore!” I said with a smirk.

He growled at me, but then got himself up and out of bed.

We all got ready quickly, taking turns showering and getting dressed in the bathroom- there was a lady in the room, and no way was I letting her see a bunch of teenage guys getting dressed or vice versa!
*****
I suppose the words ask and you shall receive come to mind in situations like these.

What is happening you ask?

Well, all of us arrived in first period History of Shifters, just like usual. And guess who was there?

Landon.

He was sitting in the back of the room too. Right next to the group of tables that we all usually occupy.

Fanfuckingtastic.

I felt a snarl rising in my throat. Munro had clearly caught sight of what I was looking at, because his hand slipped into mine, moving out from my arm to stand in front of me.
“Shayne, it’s alright. We are so lucky you didn’t get in trouble about the banquet. So pretty please, don’t do anything now? He isn’t the one who wronged you.” Munro stated, tilting his head up to look at me, with his eyes wide, and bottom lip jutted out.

Fuck. He knew I couldn’t say no to that look.

I leaned down, tilting his face up so that our lips would meet.

After a moment we pulled away, and I looked down at Munro, whose cheeks had taken on a pink tint.

“For you. Only for you.” I whispered to him.

A grin spread across his face, and he dragged us to our usual seats.

Mine was right next to Landon’s.

I sat down, not really sure how I should behave towards this kid right now.

Munro must have sensed it, because he began to play with the fingers of the hand that he was holding under the table.

The class passed normally, which I definitely wasn’t expecting.
*****
It was free time now, and I was just kind of sitting on my bed thinking about what had gone down in fighting class.

They had immediately picked Landon to fight for the tigers.

He was good. Like really good, he had won in about a minute and a half.

I was impressed. I mean he wasn’t as good at me, but he also didn’t have my bloodlines.
He wasn’t an Allistaire; Liza and I both had our mothers name in case you were confused.

But the kid was good.

That wasn’t what really stuck out to me.

He fucking looked like Liza and I. He had the same blonde hair, the same wide grey eyes.
It was a little bit concerning to me.

Seriously, Munro must have a telepathic connection to me, because he always manages to come see me right as I am beginning to feel truly distressed.

“Shayne! C’mon! you gotta come quick!” Munro shouted, grabbing my hand and dragging me off the bed, down the hall, into the jaguar area, and into his dorm For a little guy, he is surprisingly strong.

We entered just as Jack stated, “Phew! You’re here just in time! Team Thrustastic is complete. We are ready for battle. Team, meet our newest member,” he paused, pointing to Liza who was equipped with a paintball gun, and wearing a bandana. “And of course our enemy is Team Crap!” he stated, pointing to the other side of the room. “Battle begins in the woods in five minutes!” he exclaimed.

But his last few words were lost on me. Because standing as the newest member of Team Crap, looking wildly uncomfortable, was a blonde haired, grey eyed boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol and now we meet Landon :P Next chapter is a whole new perspective! Take a peek at the characters soon if you wanna meet Landon! Hope you enjoy, please you awesome people continue with the feedback, let us know what you liked, what you didn't, and who you think the next chapter is gonna be?!
-MIssJaneWrties :0)