Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Shayne

“I-I love you too” Munro stuttered out.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you’re certain you’ve died and gone to heaven? That is the best way to explain how I am feeling right now. I had been planning on telling him in a more special way, more private. But he was telling his story, and looking so vulnerable. And I couldn’t not tell him, right then and there. I wasn’t sure what to expect for a response from him, but I was certainly pleased.

I couldn’t contain myself for a moment longer, and I moved over to where Munro was sitting next to Mitch, placing my fingers under his chin, and tilting his head up to look at me. I stared at the gorgeous boy in front of me, and was vaguely aware of everyone else in the room leaving, telling us to join us for the game when we were ready. But I was too caught up in Munro to care.

I leaned in placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He responded eagerly, and we kissed innocently for a few minutes. I pulled back, so that my lips were just barely touching Munro’s as I whispered, “I really do love you. Every little thing about you, your eyes, and smile, and how cute you are, and the random thoughts you have, and your kisses, but mostly I love how strong you are. And that you love me too.”

His lips turned up into a grin, and he didn’t bother responding, just crushed his lips back against mine. He pulled away a few minutes later whispering, “I love you too. But you don’t love me just when I’m hyper right? Because drinking so many Rockstars is making me sick.” He trailed off.

I laughed at the pout on his face, causing him to look up at me angrily.

“Oh Munro, you don’t seriously think that I only love you when you’re hyper do you? Sure, it’s cute but the only reason I kept buying you Rockstars is because you seemed to like them. Don’t be silly. I love you when you’re hyper, when you’re happy, when you’re sad, and when you’re everything in between.” I stated with a grin. I could feel my cheeks flushing, I am so not used to talking like this.

“Awh. Shayne, that was the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard- even if you called me stupid in the middle of it. But enough of this mushy shit. Gimme a kiss, then we have a war to win.” He said with a laugh.

How could I resist? I lean in and give him a sweet kiss, before grabbing his hand and dragging him out the door.

We met up with everyone in the same spot as before, getting ready to battle. We got our paintball guns from Jack, and then we all split up. I knew where Munro was going, obviously to his favorite tree. I decided I would stick near him, but not too close. Liza headed towards some bushes, and Jack went to a different tree. We all hid ourselves, preparing for battle.

It wasn’t long before there were paintballs flying everywhere. Obviously Team Thrustastic was kicking ass. We played for a while, and obviously we won. We all decided to head back to the school, once Team Crap surrendered.

As soon as we got back, instead of washing up like we probably should have considering we were all covered in neon paint, we decided to just head back to Munro, Jack, and Mitch’s room to hang out. We were debating what to do while we hung out.

“Why don’t we see if you can shift?” Mitch suggested, turning to Munro.

The expression on his face was unreadable for a moment, before he whispered, “But what if I can’t do it?”

“Then we help you.” Liza said, “We all love you Munro, and we want to help you.”

I could see the grin appearing on his face, as he realized just how much we all care about him.

“I mean especially Shaynie-poo. My big brother has never been so in love. I mean seriously, he’s never told anyone that he loves them before. Like not even me. I don’t care because he’s my brother and I know he loves me, but seriously. You must be something pretty damn special if you can get my cold hearted brother to profess his love.” Liza continued.

My cheeks were on fire, I can’t believe that she just blurted that out. Nobody needed to know that little fact.

“Seriously? You’ve never told anyone else that you love them? Not your mom? I seriously can’t believe you’ve never told Liza you love her!” Munro stated, before smacking me. “You tell your sister that you love her right now mister! I’m serious!”

I lowered my head, a blush having coated my face.

“Right now mister! Or no kisses for a week!” Munro stated.

I finally looked up at that, a pout on my lips, but he just stared at me unrelentingly.

“Fine. Liza you know I love you right?” I whispered, hoping that no one else would have heard that.

“Of course I do assface. And I love you too, just so we are clear.” She stated, a cheeky grin taking up her face.

“Awh! It’s like a big love fest now! I feel the need to declare my deepest love for you all! Munro I think you’re so freakin’ cute and I love youuuuuu. And Mitchy man I just love you, if you were a chick I’d marry you. Louis I love you don’t kill me for loving your man. And-“
“Jack shut up! I don’t want to hear about your love for my boyfriend!” Louis shrieked, cutting him off.

We all burst into a fit of laughter, amused by Jack and Louis.

“I’m a little bit offended by the lack of love for Asher.” The green-haired boy stated with a pout.

“Awh, Asher! We love you too!” Munro shouted, “And you always have your boy at home. What is it that he calls you again? Oh… it’s-“

“Right, I have my Micah at home. No need to go any further into that one.” Asher stated, cutting Munro off before he could share one of the embarrassing petnames that he had overheard.

We all laughed, and even Landon looked like he was having a good time. But of course, nothing good lasts for very long. Right then there was a knock on the door. Mitch climbed off of his perch in Louis’ lap, and opened the door. Munro flinched immediately, cowering into my chest when he saw the woman standing at the door. I won’t lie, it was a little uncomfortable, as he still had the walkie-talkie in his back pocket from the paintball game (I had conveniently hung mine on my belt so I was more comfortable), but I continued to hold Munro despite the chunk of plastic digging into a very uncomfortable place.

You could practically hear the venom dripping from her voice as she said, “All of you are wanted in the headmaster’s office. Oh except for you Landon dear.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh! I smell trouble. Or maybe that's my co-author?! hehe just kidding I love her :) even when she is being a meaniepie. Lol or when she's overtired and rambling about absolutely nothing, and telling me to make her lunch. Yes that is the exciting day that we are having :) Anyhoozers... thank you everyone for commenting/reading/and subscribing. You guys are simply the best!
-MIssJaneWrites