Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Red

I skipped down the hallway and said hello to all of the security I saw. It was good to stay on their good side. When I got to the end of the hallway where my brother’s room was I slowed down.

“Dan” I sang through the door, “It’s meeeeee. Let me innnn!”

The door swung open and behind it was my big brother.

“What do you want? I’m very busy.” He said with no emotion.

“Good to see you too!” I giggled when I hugged him. I pushed past him and sat at the swirly chair at his desk.

“Seriously Anna, what do you want?”

“I told you to call me Red,” my smile fell when he used my real name.

“I will use the name that our parents gave you. Now tell me what you want before I kick you out.”

I sighed, “One of your stupid security guards took my teddy bear and now I can’t sleep. Can I have the keys the vault? I’ll bring them right back.” That was a lie. I would never let any of those stupid security guards anywhere near my little baby. I needed to get in there so that I could get some... supplies.

“If you would make some friends you wouldn’t need that stupid bear.” He muttered to himself.

Too bad I already made some friends.

“Well I don’t have any and I would enjoy having my teddy.” I lied to him.

“Fine,” he sighed and tossed me his keys, “just bring them back as soon as you’re done. Oh! And don’t be late to the battle. I just tallied to votes and it is going to be an interesting battle.” He smiled.

“Can’t wait,” I lied yet again, “So who is fighting anyways?”

“Well we have two noobies going in, so you may not know them, but their names are Munro Skylan and Liza Allistaire. Since we have an Allistaire going in, we decided to give a little bit of HU-74 to the kitty.” Dan had a dark smile on his face.

My eyes widened a bit. The last time someone was given HU-74, they almost ripped apart the entire school. After you take it once, you become addicted and it changes you completely. Violent mood swings become a normal thing and the person will not be able to live without the shit. The stuff makes people crazy.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea…?” I questioned.

“It’s a great idea! Seeing someone get mangled is entertaining for everyone who works here.”

“Okay well I have to go get my teddy bear now. Bye!” I skipped out of his office, but as soon as I shut the door I ran as fast as I could. I needed to get into that vault before they gave Munro that shot. I put the key in the lock and threw the door open.

The vault was covered with confiscated items from the students. I have full access to anything in here. I quickly searched the room for anything that I could use. When Shayne, Munro, and Liza went up to the stage the rest of us decided that we needed to get out of here. Sure, it wasn’t going to be easy, but it needed to happen.

I ran around trying to find anything that could be of use to us. I grabbed a few things like clothes, candy and food, drinks, some hair dye, and a few blankets. I shoved everything into a few duffle bags sitting in the corner of the room. I was about to leave, but the noise of feedback stopped me.

“Hello? Are you guys okay? Can anyone answer me!?”

That was weird.... It sounded as if someone was talking on a speaker or something... I moved towards the noise and pulled a few things aside. Under a pile of electronics was a black walkie talkie with the word ‘Thrustastic’ written on the back.

“The fuck..?” I whispered as I pressed a big button on it.

“Hello?! Liza? Is that you?” A voice came through the device.

“No, this is Red, who is this?”

“Ugh I don’t have time for this. I need to find my friends.” The guy sounded aggravated.

“Did you mean Liza Allistaire?” I asked.

“You know her?! Thank god! Is she okay? how about her friends? Are they okay?”

“If you mean Munro, Shayne, Jack, and the rest of them, than yes, they are okay. For now.” I whispered the last part.

“What do you mean for now?” he yelled.

“Well there is a slight issue and if I don’t get them out of here in about an hour than Munro or Liza may die.”

“WHAT?!”

“Um, well, you see-” I wasn’t sure what to say.

“What can I do to help?” he asked.

“Help?”

“Yes help. What can I do?”

“Uh... first off- where are you, who are you, and how do I know I can trust you?” I questioned.

“In the dorms at Silver Creek, Landon Spring, and you are just going to have to trust me.”

“Okay, fine. I’m going to need you to get down here and-” I told him exactly what he needed to do as quickly as I could.

~~~

At the fight

Liza stood in the middle of the field looking scared to death of what was going to happen to her. I waited patiently for Landon to call me on the wakie talkie to tell me when our plan was going to go into action.

“Red what the hell are we going to do?” Shayne paced back and forth, “There is no way that this is going to work.”

“It will work,” I said trying to convince myself as well as him, “It has to work.”

Currently Shayne and I were standing outside the gates of the arena and everyone else was waiting outside by the edge of the school. Thankfully, I found a few of their walkie talkies and all of us were able to communicate.

We were waiting until Landon contacted us saying that he was ready for us to get Munro and Liza. He was currently stealing one of the golf carts that the staff uses to cart us around. We were going to pack up everything I had stolen and fight our way out of here. I knew this entire island like the back of my hand, and thankfully I knew that there was a giant bridge on the south side of the island that led back to the United States. Finally, we could all get home.

“This is Landon. I’m ready. I found Jack, Mitch, Louis, and Asher and they are packing the boat. It’s hidden next to the bridge. I will be there in two minutes to help get Liza and Munro out. Don’t do anything until I’m there.”

“Copy.” I said trying to sound official.

We decided it would be a good idea for all of the jaguars to stay with the cart and let the tigers do the fighting. We didn’t really have a good strategy for getting them out. We were simply going to pull a fire alarm, grab them, and run. Simple.

“Why do they have Liza standing there? Where is Munro?” Shayne asked impatiently.

“I’m sorry Shayne.” I whispered.

“What? Why are you sorry?”

“I have no clue where they are hiding him.” I tried to find him earlier, but it was no use.

“Well we can just grab him when he gets onto the field, no big deal.”

I didn’t have the heart to tell him about the HU-74. I will just have to tell him later. Suddenly there was a sharp yelp. Our heads snapped over to the fighting field to see Munro running on.

“Oh fuck.” I said, “Looks like we can’t wait for Landon.”

I quickly ran over to the fire alarm and pulled it down. All of the students and staff began to scramble around, but Munro didn’t seem to notice. He just tackled Liza to the ground and began to beat her to death.

“Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!” I repeated before running shifting and running onto the field with Shayne right by my side. Munro stood up right before we reached them and kicked Liza in the face. She was a bloody pulp. I ran to where she was and quickly grabbed her and Shayne went over to Munro. He tried to reason with him, but it was obvious that he wasn’t talking to Munro anymore. He was talking to a monster.

I had Liza’s lifeless body on my back and ran as fast as I could to the nearest exit. We were so close to making it out, but the security spotted us.

“Someone stop those brats!” one of them shouted. I looked back for a quick second to see how Shayne was doing. He seemed to be running from someone. That someone just so happened to be Munro.

“Shayne! What are you doing?” I screamed as I ran by his side.

“He has a gun! Munro has a fucking gun!”

I looked to see Munro laughing like a maniac with a gun over his head. There were many security guards lying on the ground covered in blood. He continued to laugh until he spotted Shayne, Liza, and me. He started to run after us with his eyes bugged out and his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. He looked like a crazy cartoon

“Okay, well now is probably the time where we can start to panic!” I yelled and began to run faster. We made it out the exit, but Munro was still hot on our trail.

“Landon!” Shayne screamed once he saw a tall, lanky, blonde haired kid running towards us, “turn the fuck around!”

Landon looked confused for a second, but as soon as he saw Munro he listened to Shayne and ran away.

“What is wrong with him?” Landon screamed.

“They drugged him! Turn right!” I yelled to the boys.

They followed my directions and ran into the woods that led to the bridge. We ran for a good five minutes before we decided that we had lost Munro and that we could take a break.

“What are we going to do now?” Shayne panted as he leaned against a tree.

I put Liza down at the trunk of a tree and sat down, “I have no clue.”

“Well we’re screwed- Shayne look out!” Landon screamed and pushed Shayne to the ground. There was a loud banging noise. There was a thud and suddenly Landon was on the ground with blood pouring out the middle of his forehead. His eyes stayed open, but it was clear that he was gone. I put my hand over my mouth and my eyes widened. I looked up to see the shooter was none other than Munro.

“Landon” Shayne whispered and slowly walked over to the lifeless body, “LANDON! What the fuck did they do to you?!” He yelled at Munro.

“They fixed me.” He tilted his head to the side and laughed.

“You’re not my boyfriend. You are just like them. You like every sick human at this school!”

Munro took a few steps towards Shayne, “Too bad none of us are human.” he raised his arms and pointed his gun directly at Shayne.

“Shayne!” I screamed and jumped up to help him, but before I could do anything I was pushed to the ground and a large rock was thrown at Munro causing him to pass out. Shayne and I both looked to see what happened, but there was no one there.

“What the fuck just happened?” Shayne asked.

“I- I don’t know.” my voice cracked when I spoke.

“Shayne! Landon! Red! Liza! Munro! Where are you!?” a familiar voice yelled.

“We’re out here!” I called back knowing that it was our friends. The quickly made it over to us, but once they saw Landon’s bloody corpse on the ground they all broke down.

“Oh my God” Mitch whispered and began to cry into Louis’ side.

“Where is Liza?!” Jack screamed sounding extremely worried.

“She’s right over-” I pointed to where I left her, but she wasn’t there.

“Where the hell is my sister!?” Shayne screamed.

“I’m right here.” a voice said. We all looked around to see where it was coming from, but none of us could find the source.

“You people are morons.” Liza laughed as she stepped out from behind a tree with two teenagers behind her.

“What's going on?” Jack asked, “Why the hell are Holly and Tommy here?”

“You people are so easy to be played,” She smiled, “This entire thing was a set up. I never came to this school to be with my ‘favorite brother’, I came back here to win my daddy back.”

“What?” Shayne looked like he didn’t understand. None of us understood.

“I don’t even like you! You’re such a fucking moron! Why the hell would I love you when you’re a fucking faggot?” she spat out the words, “I hated every single fucking second I had to spend with you idiots! Pretending that I enjoyed being with you people was horrible, but so worth it. You see, when I met Holly and Tommy here, they agreed to help me out. Tommy has hated you freaks since the day he met you, and he wanted to get rid of all of you. At the winter ball he tried to get Munro upset on purpose so that he would fight him and get you all in trouble. Holly over here has been a huge help with making you people trust me. We planned for a fight to happen at that party. We know that it would make you people think that she was the enemy and that I could be trusted. When Jack and she broke up she instantly started hating all of you. She wanted him back, but as soon as she saw that he wasn’t interested in anything but her body she decided to get a little revenge.”

“So... We... You used me?” Jack asked her. The fucking bitch. How could she do this to her friends? Her family? As I thought this something shiny caught my eye. I looked down to see that the gun Munro had was right in my reach. I slowly grabbed it with my foot and pulled it towards me.

She laughed, “Why the fuck would I want to date a stupid little jaguar? You make me fucking sick.” She spat at him. “Landon became a bit of an issue though. Daddy said that if I could get rid of all of you, he would take me back, but when I found out that he had another son I knew I had to get rid of him. With him in the way I would never be able to be daddy's little girl again.”

“You sick fucking bitch,” Shayne hissed, “You’re my fucking sister! Think of mom! Think of what you're doing to her!”

“Like I care what she thinks.” She scoffed and Holly and Tommy laughed with her, “Now I just need to get rid of all of you and I will be home free.”

“I don’t think so you cunt.” I said and pulled the gun up so it was aimed straight for her.

“Oh no!” She faked being scared, “She has a gun! Like it matters. We have guns too.”

The three of them all pulled out their weapons.

“Any last words?” Liza asked.

“Actually, yes.” I said, “Get the fuck out of here guys!”

When we were discussing our escape I made all of them promise that if I told them to something, they would listen to me. Everyone but Jack and Shayne ran away. The two of them stayed right by my side. There was no time to argue with them so I just pulled the trigger of my gun and shot randomly. Liza, Tommy, and Holly all did the same thing. Shayne and Jack were smart enough to get out of the way. Jack grabbed London’s body and Shayne grabbed Munro. The two of them ran off with them.

“Thank you Red! We won’t forget you!” one of them screamed, but I was too busy to pay attention.

I managed to dodge all of their bullets, but soon enough I was out. I stood there totally defenseless.

“Do your worst bitch.” I said

“Oh I plan on it,” Liza laughed, “She’s mine guys. Go find the others and finish them off.”

Her two little henchmen ran off and soon, it was just me and her.

“You really thought you could win?” She pushed me to the ground, “It was a pathetic attempt.”

She pointed her gun at me and took the shot. The bullet seemed to be moving in slow motion. The last thing I saw wasn’t my life flashing before my eyes. It was Liza being shot down to the ground and Mitch, Louis, and Asher picking me up.

“Shhh.” Mitch cood, “It’s okay. You're going to a better place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well it looks like we are done here. Sorry for doing this to you guys :/ Me and my co-author will be starting the sequel very soon! Here is the link (im not sure if you can see it, but here it is) http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/467359/Im-Not-Running-Away-Im-Already-Gone/

Thank you so much to all of our amazing subscribers and commenters! You guys make us so happy!

Derek Fitz
Danny Worsnop
Blissful.Blackouts
vampirelover67
magicrainbowunicorn!
RainbowsEnd
Follow.Your.Dreams.
graceful swans;
vampirelover67
Lazz
echo_laughing
ForeverHopeful
petefan2008
CandyMama28
anna;
his.delirium
onlytwocubesdown
Broken_Bri
pplz123456789pplz

We love you all so much :] Hope to see you guys soon! If anyone would like to see anything happen in the sequel tell us! Comment or message us... also! The main characters of the sequel are Jack, Micha, (possibly Shayne?), and a new mystery character :] Love all of you!

~Kidsfromyesterday182~

I posted this chapter June 11, 2012 at 11:22pm (eastern standern time) and it still hasnt sent an email. lets see how long this takes.