Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Munro

History of shifters was extremely… interesting. Surprisingly, I paid attention to the teacher. I learned that lions can run 50mph, tigers can see in the dark six times better than humans, and jaguars are nocturnal predators. That totally explains why I can’t ever sleep at night!

“and that is why tigers are so-” my teacher, Mr. Everett, was interrupted by a woman walking into the classroom. She walked over to Mr. Everett and whispered something into his ear. Quickly after this, she walked out.

“Mitch. Your present is requested in the front office. There is only five minutes left in class, so just take your things with you. ” The teacher said.

Oh no

Mitch was supposed to bring me to all of my classes. All I had to navigate me now was a piece of paper telling me the room number. During the rest of the class this was all I could think about. Okay, it said I had English class. That shouldn’t be too hard to find, right?

As the bell rang I watched students slowly trickle out of the classroom. I tried to ask a few if they could lead me to the right direction, but all of them said that I was a jaguar and they couldn't be seen with someone from such a low standing. I gave up on getting help and just started to wander around aimlessly.

As I slowly climbed a staircase, a second bell rang. That was the warning bell! I only had one minute to find my next class. I quickened my pace and walked down a hall. The numbers on the door were all in the hundreds; my class was room 29. This was not going to be a good day. This is about the time my panic sets in. I started to bit my lip and twirl my necklace around in my hand. The schedule in my hand started to shake a bit. Every time I get nervous this happens. It sucks.

As I continued to stare at my schedule until I heard loud foot-steps coming towards me. My head shot up and I looked at the man walking. Wait, that was the kid in my history class. What was his name again? Oh yah, Shayne. He must have felt my eye on him because he quickly cleared his throat and then spoke.

"You lost new kid? Sorry I don't know you're name..." he said to me.

I looked at him until I realized he was asking me.

"M-m-Munro," I stuttered. Why the hell did I have to stutter at that very moment?! He probably thinks I’m a freak.

“Well, you are lost right? Give me your schedule.” He demanded.

I fumbled with it for a moment before handing it over.

“English? You do realize that you are in the math hall right now, right?” He laughed at my stupidity.

“Um, well… I don’t exactly know my way around this place.” I looked down at my feet.

“Well, you’re already twenty minutes late. Do you honestly still want to go to class? It’s healthy to skip every once in a while.” He flashed a small smile.

“Uh, well it’s kinda my first day… I don’t want to be skipping already.”

His smile quickly faded and he said, “Well you’re a jaguar, I guess all of you are just pussies. Well English is down those stairs and once you make your way into the hallway take a left. It should be the third door on your right.”

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“Whatever. Just stay away from people outside of your clan. Your small and new, they would take any opportunity to kick your ass. You’re just lucky I don’t. Now get out of here before I change my mind.”

My eyes widened and I quickly turned around and ran away from the intimidating man.

Please don’t kill me! Was all I could think as I made my way into the stairwell. I quickly ran down the hall and threw open the door to my class.

“Well, look who’s late on their first day,” My teacher said as I walked in and took my seat, “You have a thirty minute detention during your free time. Don’t be late.”

Well this should be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup... here is Munro :] Isn't he adorable???? hehehe... tell me if there is anything wrong or anything I should change. Oh and I fixed the background. It took me an hour and I almost ripped my hair out from stress. Turns out all i had to do was make the text background black. PISSED. hope you can read it now.

~Shotinthedark705~