Mistletoe kisses

Twas the night before christmas...

It was the day before Christmas Eve. Marissa was, of course, busy making sure her apartment looked grand, with all the lights and garland. Under her tree wrapped perfectly with bows were presents of all the same color, to match everything else. Marissa loved Christmas the most, and had to see it done perfectly. Anyways, as I was saying, it was the day before Christmas Eve, and there was a knocking at her apartment door. She stood up from her place on the couch, watching her favorite Christmas specials, and brushed her skirt down. Walking towards the door, she started to hear laughter and giggling. Opening the door, she saw her friends crowded in the dimly lit hallway. Marissa laughed as Sasha gave her a hug. Nicole blew one of those party blower thingys and everyone was screaming and happy.
“Dude, we gotta get you out of this place.” Teolynn laughed, peeking into the apartment.
“What?” Marissa asked, as Becky went to pick up her coat off the coat rack.
“We’re kidnapping you” Nicole winked. They dragged her downstairs, making a whole lot more noise than her landlord would allow. But it was worth it.
Downstairs, there was Becky’s SUV, which could hold all of them comfortably (which is the main reason she bought it) and they all pilled in. Becky started the lovely golden SUV and they were off into the snow, listening to too-loud Christmas carols and singing completely off key.
After about three songs, and half a bottle of wine that Nicole had pulled out from under the seat, everyone started to calm down a bit.
“Where exactly are we going?” Marissa asked, peering outside and watching the snow fall down on the city streets.
“Well. We’re hitting up this party my cousin forgot to invite me to.” Becky smirked as she turned the corner.
A few people in the car giggled. Becky’s cousin was this 20 year old who held a party every year, and after an accident we won’t discuss, Becky and her friends stopped getting invited.
“Almost everyone’s gonna be there. Its gonna be kick ass” Nicole laughed as they pulled into the driveway.
Another thing you should probably know about Becky’s cousin before we continue, he was a spoiled little rich boy.
The music seemed to vibrate the house as well as they street it was on, and there were cars parked everywhere. They girls, clutching each other for support to not slip on ice or fall in their heels, walked up to the house with the half bottle of wine. Katie knocked on the door, and then walked right in when it appeared not to be locked.
“The fun has arrived!” Amy yelled as the group stepped into the house, which was by all means, considered grand, with vaulted ceilings and a spiral staircase. People were everywhere, and it was a mad house of screaming and dancing. Becky’s cousin, Daniel, appeared throughout the crowd. He took one look at the girls, who were taking off their shoes, and started walking towards them with a less-than-pleased look on his face. A few people were excited to see the girls, and came and said hi.
“Who the hell invited you?” Daniel asked, glaring at them once he reached them.
“What??” Becky pretended not to hear him over the loud, blaring music.
“Get out of my house!” he yelled louder, pointing towards the door.
“Oh cheer up, I’m family. And if you don’t want Uncle John to know you borrowed his house for this party, I suggest you let us in” Becky said, yelling it to his face over the music. Daniel looked a little shocked, and then backed away. Teolynn laughed and they started to get eaten up by the crowd. Amy and Becky hit on the football playing guy in the corner with champagne in their hands, Nicole went to the kitchen to help herself to some drinks, Katie started singing with Sasha on stage, and Teolynn was looking for a bathroom. Marissa stole someone’s martini that walked by and sat down on the nearest couch. This was not her kind of party. But the view was nice.
A dark-haired guy was sitting on the couch facing towards her, talking to some brunette who looked like her face was made of plastic. His lovely hazel eyes met hers, and kept drifting back every so often.
Marissa giggled and took another sip of her martini. Nicole walked up and plunked herself down next to her, pulled down a boy who had somehow lost his shirt. Nicole and the boy were deep in conversation, and she was giggling and laughing at things that probably weren’t even that funny. Marissa glanced over, and estimated Nicole to be on her seventh drink by now. She noticed Marissa, and the guy who was staring every so often at her. Whispering to the shirtless guy she was beside, she giggled and accidently dropped her vodka cooler on the beige carpet. The shirtless boy went towards the other couch.
“What’d you do?” Marissa asked her friend as she watched the shirtless boy talk to the guy she’d been looking at. The shirtless one was laughing and gesturing back towards the other couch.
“Making so have some fun” Nicole said, as she took Marissa’s martini from her hands and emptied the glass. The boy came over with the shirtless one, and he introduced himself as Travis. Nicole, Marissa and her shirtless boy (named Ethan) talked for a bit, before Nicole suggested getting more drinks, left with Ethan to the kitchen and didn’t return. So Travis sat down and started talking to her, slurring his words as Marissa stuttered and paused every so often, run out of things to say.
Nicole had disappeared with Ethan, Becky and Amy were outside in the snow with Corey, doing shots. Teo was sitting on some guys lap, talking about her job with a group of guys, and Sasha and Katie were dancing around the room, gossiping to each other.
Apparently, though, Travis was in his second year in some college that Marissa couldn’t pronounce at the moment. As he went to get them drinks, Marissa tried to control her butterflies and pictured the kids they would make together.
“You do realize he only wants in your pants right? Then he’ll leave”
Marissa turned around to see some blonde leaning against the wall. He took a sip of his drink and put it down on the end table beside her.
“Excuse me?” Marissa asked, feeling like she had been spied on by this creeper.
“Travis Brown. Skilled at doing nothing, likes to blow money he doesn’t have, and always likes having a sweet innocent girl on his arm and in his pants” the guy said as he leaned on the back of the couch. Marissa was slightly grossed out.
“Oh, really?” Marissa said sarcastically, not believing him. From what Travis acted, he seemed like a good guy. “And you are?”
“Robert. I’ve known Travis since high school. Trust me, his not worth your time” Robert said, trying to tuck a strand of caramel curl away from Marissa’s face. Marissa shifted and gave him a glare.
“Maybe I want somebody in my pants tonight?” Marissa said slightly angered, and not able to let Robert win this. She took a sip of his drink he left on the coffee table beside her. Robert laughed.
“You’re not the kind of girl, hun.”
Marissa looked around, wondering where Travis was with her Sex on a Beach and his beer. What was taking him so long?
“You don’t know me at all” Marissa said, looking at him. Robert was attractive, and if he wasn’t such a creep, Marissa would actually find his blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair attractive.
Robert laughed again, picked back up his drink and walked back to the kitchen. Marissa yelled out “Creeper!” before he left, but she wasn’t sure if he heard.
Travis returned with her drink and his and seemed a little less than he was when he left. Marissa slowly lost track of time, as well as slowly loosing memory of what was happening.