All you need is someone to hold you while you sleep

Rising action

That night, Marissa is at home watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s. It was one of her most favorite movies in the world. She was sitting on her couch under a blanket, with her cellphone and TV remote in hand, and staring at the screen. When her Iphone started vibrating and the number was unknown, Marissa leap off the couch and her heart started to beat fast. It was him! Finally!
“Hey, its Logan” the man said on the line.
“Logan whoooooo?” Marissa asked as she turned her TV to mute so she could focus on this very important First-Conversation-Of-Their-Relationship kind of thing.
“Starbucks Logan” Logan laughed, and at that moment, Marissa fell in love.
Time flew by while she was on the phone with Logan, and it seemed like they had so much in common. Actually the only thing they had in common was their love of designer, Starbucks and really good books. But that’s ok, two very different people can fall in love. It’s happened many times before, right?
Suddenly, Marissa hears a hissing noise coming from her kitchen. She runs over, and basically screams as high pressure water is shooting itself out of the taps. She ran to her bathroom and water was spurting from her shower head and faucet.
“Are you alright?” Logan asked as Marissa screamed and tried to turn the taps off, only more water came shooting out.
“THERESWATERCOMINGOUTOFMYTAPSANDSINKUNCONTROLLABLY!!!WHATTHEHELLAMISUPPOSEDTODO?” Marissa screamed as she started laying down towels to try and catch up the water puddles.
“Ok ok, calm down” Logan said, sounding generally concerned for this girl who had no idea what to do.
“HOWDOIMAKEITSTOP?!” Marissa asked, looking back to her kitchen and then her bathroom.
“I’ll be there in a few minutes” Logan said and the line went dead.
Marissa flopped on her bed, staring at the water and trying not to cry, and wondered how the hell this was going to get fixed. Duct tape! Duct tape fixes everything. She ran to her cupboard and pulled out the silver roll. She started wrapping it carelessly around the leak, trying so hard to make it stop. She then sat down after losing a hopeless fight and wondered how the hell Logan would ‘be there in a few minutes’ if he didn’t know where she lived.
Just as the kitchen floor is covered with about an inch of water, the doorbell rings. Marissa runs over, trying not to step in any of the puddles and fall on her face, and checks who it is. Logan is standing outside with a toolbox in his hand. She sighed, and then let him in.
“Hi Marissa.” Logan smiled and then basically let himself into the apartment. She was too stressed out about the water and him being there to care.
He walked through the lake that is being formed in the kitchen, and opened the cupboard under the sink. More water rushed out and the kitchen looked more and more like there was no hope of saving anything.
“It’s ok, I’ll just adjust this…” Logan mumbled as he got down on his hands and knees in the water opened his tool box and shoved his head into the cupboard. Marissa, in this moment realized that she was wearing her very small baby doll transparent nighty with a matching thong under her short satin black robe. Her entire face went red and she grabbed the blanket off the couch and wrapped herself in it like she was making a cocoon.
The water from the taps stopped, and it seemed like the hissing stopped too. Logan pulled his head out from the cupboard and asked where the bathroom was. Marissa pointed towards her room. Logan walked over, leaving wet footprints on the carpet. She went to the closet and pulled out a pile of towels and half-hazardly threw them in the kitchen before running after Logan in her cocoon.
Walking in, Logan is standing in the shower with a wrench, tightening something on the showerhead. She looked at him up and down, slightly laughing at herself and this very odd picture. She grabbed the towels off the racks above her sink and threw them on the floor, trying to soak up the lake that had formed. When he was done, he moved onto the faucet, and soon, there was no more water shooting out of Marissa’s taps.
Logan turned and looked at her, trying to explain what had happened, but marissa wasn’t listening, she was too focused on the fact that he was in her apartment, and that she was wearing next to nothing and a blanket. At that moment, it seemed that Logan realized it to, because his face turned slightly pink as he looked at her in silence.
“Uhm, want some food?”