Status: Active

Running From Death

“Seven months ago, a virus arose and began to set in, a modern plague. It enters the bloodstream, traveling to the brain, where it begins to reproduce, using brain cells to create an entire new system of the human anatomy. Everything is shut down, and the body needs nothing to survive. Oxygen, food, drink, nothing. It doesn’t feel pain; it doesn’t react to changes in environment, it has no thought process. It only thinks to devour all humans by any means. You can’t injure it, and you can’t tire it down. It is an unrelenting force, holding one of the greatest threats to humanity outside of humanity itself. It has been given many names since the outbreak: creeps, ghouls, ghosts, the infected, and the undead; the list goes on and on.

These are zombies.

In the first months, it grew, slowly spreading across North and South America. Travellers have unknowingly contracted it and brought it to other continents, making it an international threat. Those who were lucky enough to hear of it before it reached them could prepare, but simple ignorance has brought the downfall to many. Of the old 7 trillion people that inhabited Earth, only tens of millions remain untouched by the plague.
Now we are adapting. We know that they exist, and we have researched. Through trial and error, and at the cost of many lives, we have discovered how they work. They feel no emotion, no pain, and only need their brain to survive. We must destroy it, and that is how we’ll survive. We’ve trained with weapons, we’ve teamed up, and now we can put up a good fight.

But strength must be in our numbers. We must gather together, rebuild society, and live out through this terrible plague. Mankind has stood strong through everything that has been thrown at it, always rising to the occasion in the face of peril. And although this threat is greater than most, we shall remain while the zombies wither away. So we shall gather in California, as many of us as we can get, and we will stand together. Keep fighting. Stay strong. Never forget those you have lost to this.

Survive.”
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7