Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

What a rainy ending given to a perfect day.

Christmas eve arrived faster then planned and although I had met Kennedy's family, well his intermidiate family, I was extremely nervous as I waited for him to pick me up. I paced my room and Kara stuck her head in making me come to a stop.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just nervous." I responded with a sigh as I straighted my dress.

She chuckled, "It'll be fine."

"I know, but still."

"Well that's a nice dress."

I chuckled, "Thanks."

The doobell rang and she laughed, "I'll get it."

I nodded as I checked myself once more before following after her. Kennedy was talking to her as I walked into the living room and I grinned once I saw him. He was wearing a dark button up shirt, which he rolled up to his elbows and his jeans held no holes.

"Oh my gosh. Where is my boyfriend?" I said causing Kara to laugh, "I was thinking the same thing!"

"Ha, ha." He said and I smiled as I grabbed his hand and said bye.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said kissing my cheek as we walked to the car.

"You look quiet nice yourself, Mr. Brock."

He chuckled and opened the car door for me.

"I'm kind of nervous." I said once he got in.

"Why? You've met my family several times."

"Not your whole family."

He chuckled, "Cassie, they will love you."

I shrugged and he reached for my hand, "It'll be fine. You seriously have nothing to worry about."

Once we got to his house several cars were already there and yes, that made me even more nervous.

He grabbed my hand and I clung to him causing him to laugh, "Cassidy, relax babe."

I glared at him and he bent down kissing me quickly before opening the door.

"Well, hello, glad you could join us." His sister said being the first one to greet us.

"Hey Ashley." I said with a grin.

"I can't believe he brought you."

"Hey! Why?" He asked causing Ashley to laugh as his mom walked up.

"Cassidy!" She said and I hugged her quickly.

"I can't believe he actually brought you! It's good to see you."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!" He asked crossing his arms.

"Because you've never brought a girlfriend over for a holiday."

Kennedy blushed and Ashley spoke, "Wait. Girlfriend? I thought you were just bringing her just because!"

I chuckled and Kennedy rolled his eyes, "No, she's my girlfriend."

"This is like John's high school dream." She said snickering.

He shot her a look and she spoke, "My bad. I meant Kennedy."

"That was the least of what was wrong with that."

I couldn't help but chuckle and his mom spoke, "Well your brother is around here somewhere. Go get her a drink or something." She said giving me a grin before her and Ashley walked away.

He groaned causing me to laugh, "You're right. This is fun."

He shook his head and I wrapped my arms around one of his.

"Wow. You really did like me huh?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He grumbled and I kissed his jaw, "You're cute."

"Whatever. Let's get this over with."

"Kennedy!"

He chuckled and linked his hand with mine.

He introduced me to more of his family and after a while we ended up sitting by his brother who I realized was a lot like Kennedy. He had the same smile and soft spoken manner.

"Stay with me tonight." Kennedy whispered to me and I looked at him, "Why?"

"Because, it's Christmas eve and I want to give you a few of your gifts and, yeah." He said with a grin and I chuckled, "Oh ok."

"So is that an ok, I will?"

"Clearly."

"Don't get smart with me." He teased.

I laughed and he leaned closer to me kissing my lips.

"Thanks for coming with me tonight." He said softly.

"No problem."

"And like I told you they would, my family loves you."

"Well, I am pretty amazing." I joked causing him to laugh.

"Well, you are." He whispered brushing my cheek.

"Lets go say goodbye to my mom so we can go."

I nodded and he pulled me from the couch. He led me around the house until we found his mom in the kitchen.

"Mom, we're leaving." He said and she gave us a grin, "Ok, I'm glad you came." She said hugging him to her.

"Love you. Are you going to stop by in the morning?" She asked as she released him.

"Uh, well. I need to give everyone their presents, but..." he said looking at me and I nodded, "We're not going to my parents until 6."

"Oh, ok. Then yes I will." He said and his mom chuckled, "Great."

"Nice to see you again, Cassie. Make him bring you over more. In fact, if you have nothing going on the morning come with him over here."

I laughed as I hugged her, "Alright I will."

We said goodbye to some of his family on our way out and he breathed a sigh of relief once we hit outside.

"Thank god that's over."

"It wasn't bad."

"It was embarrassing."

"It was not."

"Not for you."

I laughed, "You're over dramatic. Can we go by my house first?"

"Sure, love."

Once we got to his apartment and got settled I handed him a wrapped box that I had brought from my place and a grin hit his lips.

"I figured one wouldn't hurt." I said falling beside him on the couch.

He chuckled, "Well, is it ok if I give you more than one?"

"Oh of course!"

He laughed as he unwrapped the box which contained the plaid shirts I had bought.

He smiled and looked over at me, "You know the way to my heart."

"Yeah, I know." I said shrugging and he chuckled as he pulled me to him, "Thanks baby."

"Kara said you needed new colors in your life."

He laughed, "Oh I see. Well thank you."

I kissed him quickly and he got up from the couch, "Now my turn."

I laughed as he ran to his room and back quickly.

"Ok. First." He said placing a rather big box in my lap.

"What is this?"

"Um, if I told you why would I wrap it!"

"Awe did you wrap it yourself?"

He nodded and I grinned, "No wonder it looks like a 5 year old did it."

He frowned and I kissed him.

"Open it!"

"Ok, ok. Chill."

He chuckled as I quickly opened the present.

"Kennedy! How did you know I liked this jacket?!" I asked pulling it out of the box.

"Well, I actually bought it a long time ago."

"When?"

"When you were still on tour with us. Remember we went to the mall in Ohio? Yeah. I saw you looking at it, asked Kara if you liked it and bam, bought it."

"Awe." I said causing him to chuckle, "Every thing I bought was pre-approved by Kara. Except for one."

"Probably for the best."

"True."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you."

"Mhm. Anything for you." He said kissing me.

"You have another." He stated and I shrugged as I kissed him again causing him to laugh.

"All this over a jacket! I'm buying you things more often." He said wrapping his arms around me.

I laughed and he grabbed me up from the couch and walked me to his room.

"Ok, no more presents." He mumbled against my lips as he laid me back onto his bed.

"Unless, you know, it's you." He whispered kissing my cheek.

I laughed and a grin hit his lips, "Cass, I've been wanting to tell you something, but I don't want to freak you out."

"Ok? What is it?"

"Remember when I said I love you on the phone?" He asked and I nodded nervously.

He breathed in and brought his hand to my cheek, "Well, what if...I don't know...what if I meant it?" He fumbled out and I bit my lip.

"Do you?" I finally asked and he nodded, "Cass, I've been in love with you for years."

"I mean, you heard my family." He added with a grin and I laughed softly, "I love you too, Kennedy."

A smile landed on his lips, "Really?"

I nodded and he kissed me passionately.

"I love you." He whispered kissing down my neck as his hand rubbed my side.

Hearing those words leave his mouth was something I had always wanted and I still couldn't comprehend it no matter how many times they left his perfect mouth.

*****


"Cassie, wake up." He whispered as he kissed my jaw.

"No."

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my shoulder as he did so.

"Merry Christmas, baby." He whispered holding me to him.

"Merry christmas." I whispered, "Guess we need to get up so we can go to you mom's."

"Yeah." He said kissing my shoulder a few more times.

"I'm going to shower." I said moving away from him.

He kissed my cheek with a grin as he sat up.

"Now, Kennedy, let me tell you something." I said climbing from the bed although I just had my bra and underwear on.

He chuckled, "What?"

"It's one thing if you tell them we made out, it's another if you tell them we slept together." I said seriously and he laughed, "I swear I won't baby."

"I mean it."

"I mean it as well. Go." He said chuckling and I grabbed up my things before heading to the bathroom.

Once I was ready he was getting in the shower so I made his bed and some coffee while waiting on him.

"I like having you around." He said with a grin as he walked into the kitchen dressed in one of the shirts I got him.

"You look cute."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, "Before we go, let me give you your presents."

"No. Wait. So I can give you yours."

"But you're here already. Please." He said kissing my forehead.

I sighed and he kissed me once more.

"Ok."

A smile hit his lips and he grabbed my hands and pulled me into the living room.

I giggled at how excited he was and he kissed me as I sat down and he ran to his room.

"I'm saving the best one for last so you won't get that until tonight."

"No fair."

"Very fair." He said kissing my cheek.

I opened the presents he had gotten me and showered him in kisses for each one which he didn't seem to mind.

"Ok, come on. We're going to be late." I said grabbing the presents he had set out that were for his family.

He groaned, "Can't I just stay here with you?"

"Afraid not."

He stuck his bottom lip out and I quickly kissed him.

"But it's Christmas."

"Exactly. You're suppose to spend it with the ones you love."

"Exactly and I love you." He said causing me to laugh, "Ok, that didn't go as planned."

He chuckled and got up with a sigh, "Fine."

"Well, don't sound so unhappy."

"After this can we come back and nap?"

"Are you tired?"

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me quickly, "For some reason I didn't get much sleep last night." He said brushing his nose against my neck.

"Don't blame me."

"Oh? And who else do I blame?"

"Yourself."

"Myself? Really? Because it would be very hard to do what I did last night by myself."

I gave him a look and he grinned before kissing my cheek, "I love you."

"Mhm."

"Say it." He said tickling my side causing me to squirm.

"I love you too meanie."

"Mature of you."

"I try."

He kissed me softly, sliding his hand into my hair.

"Kennedy..." I warned and he smiled, "Just a kiss. Then we go."

I sighed and he pulled me closer to him before his lips found mine.

After a few minutes of kissing he finally mumbled an ok.

"Ok." He repeated between more kisses.

"Gonna go." He added as I grasped his shirt so he wouldn't move away.

A grin hit his lips and I kissed him once more.

"Cassie..." he mumbled against my lips as he grabbed my waist, "If you keep this up we'll never leave."

"You started it."

He laughed, "I did, huh?"

I nodded and he pressed his lips to my forehead, "I love you." He whispered.

"Love you."

He gave me a grin and grabbed up the presents. This was becoming a great Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute and all that jazz, I know. Next chapter things start going down. :3

Thanks for commenting and subscribing! :)