Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

Every smile you fake is so condescending.

We went to his parents for a while and like promised we were back around 1 and napped until around 4 since we had to be at my parents at 6. It was weird doing things together like this since we never have, but I didn't mind.

"How many presents did you buy Pat?" He asked as we tried to gather everything from his car.

"A lot. He's my main squeeze, Ken." I said causing Kennedy to roll his eyes, "What about Tim?"

I laughed, "I have him just as much."

"Need help?" I heard and turned to see Pat walking from the porch.

"Hey my lovely, dear brother."

He chuckled, "Uh hey? What are you on today?"

"I don't know, but too bad it isn't me." Kennedy said earning a glare from Pat. Kennedy laughed the whole way to the porch and I chuckled at Pat's expression.

"He's kidding. Wait until you see what I got you!" I said linking arms with him.

"Oh! What?" He said clearly disregarding Kennedy's comment.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because you love me and I'm your favorite brother."

"You are. Don't tell Tim." I whispered jokingly.

"Don't tell Tim what?!" My loud mouth older brother yelled.

"That I'm her favorite." Pat said with a grin.

"She's lying to you."

"Probably not. You know they have that twin connection thing." Kennedy said from his seat on the couch.

"Can't compete." Tim said with a sigh as he fell beside him.

"Wait. Brock, why are yeh here so early? Thought you all weren't coming until 7ish."

"He's dating your sister you idiot." Pat said and Tim's eyes grew wide, "What?"

Kennedy nodded as if it was nothing and I chuckled, "Well, better reaction than Pat's."

Pat crossed his arms and I patted his shoulder, "Just saying..."

"I always thought you liked Garrett." Tim stated and Kenndy rolled his eyes, "Wonder why." He responded giving me a look.

"Why?!" I asked throwing my hands up defensively.

"You and him are always touchy, feely, giggily, and such!" Tim stated.

"It's Garrett..."

"So?!"

"So, it means nothing."

"Kennedy? Your thoughts?" He asked looking at my boyfriend who had a smirk on his lips.

"I'd rather keep them to myself."

I glared at him and placed my hands on my hips.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"It's just Garrett!"

"So? Does that make it better?" Kennedy responded with a raised eyebrow.

I frowned and crossed my arms, "...but he's my Garrett."

"Really? Mhm. You should date him then."

"See." Tim said throwing his hands up.

"Fine." I said shrugging and Kennedy glared at me.

"In the words of Garrett Nickelsen, he's hotter anyways." Pat said and I laughed as Kennedy rolled his eyes.

"Mom!" I yelled realizing she had yet to make an appearance and I was sick of discussing Garrett and me, "Your favorite daughter is here with her douche bag of a boyfriend!"

"I am aware. I could hear you across the house." Her mom said entering the living room.

"Hey Kennedy." She said with a smile which he returned, "Hi."

"Oh say hello to him before me. I see how it is."

"Well, he's quieter. I like it."

Before I could respond the front door opened, "Ok, ok people, Garrett Nickelsen is here now. Have no fear. The party can start."

"Idiot." John said shoving past him and I laughed from my seat.

"Merry christmas Mrs. Kirch." He said with a grin as he handed her a thing of flowers he had in his hands.

"Awe thank you Garrett." She said giving him a hug and Kennedy rolled his eyes from beside me.

"You're welcome." He said with his charming smile before adjusting the hat he had on his head. His eyes landed on me and he waved causing me to laugh.

"Cassie." He said dragging out the e in my name and John spoke from beside me, "I've had to hear about how much he has missed you on the way here."

"Duh." Garrett said sitting in John's lap causing him to groan, "Let me up and you can sit beside her."

Garrett quickly moved and John escaped as he mumbled how ridiculous Garrett was.

"I don't know how I feel with this whole dating Kennedy thing. I never have you anymore." Garrett said with a frown oblivious to anything or anyone around him.

"I will be sure to make Garrett time." I responded through my laughter.

"I bet you will." Kennedy grumbled from beside me. I smacked his knee and he rolled his eyes.

"Jealous much?" John asked laughing. Leave it to John to call you out.

"Nope." Kennedy responded.

And Garrett shrugged, "Didn't care."

I rolled my eyes and Tim was in a fit of laughter, "This is why you don't bring both of your boyfriends to Christmas dinner."

"Shut up, Tim."

"Where is Kara?" I added looking at Pat.

"She said she was coming over. You know her, that could mean six hours from now."

"True."

"Hey momma Kirch, are you almost done in there?!" Garrett called out causing us all to laugh.

My mom was in the kitchen cooking and I heard her laugh from here.

"Yes, Garrett."

"Do you need help?" He asked giving me a grin.

"Yeah, so we can have another pie land on the floor like last year?!" She called out and he winced, "It was Cassie's fault!"

"It was not!" I said defensively.

"You just had to smell it."

"You just had to pick it up." I responded.

"I thought it had cooled off!"

"Whatever."

He rolled his eyes and my mom spoke from the kitchen door, "In fact Garrett, you and Cassidy are needed."

"Yessss." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the kitchen.

"Do you want me to die?" I asked once we entered.

Garrett rubbed his hands together and I rolled my eyes.

"Surely you two can sit dishes out without dying."

"Maybe." I mumbled grabbing up a few plates and Garrett grabbed up a few glasses.

"This nerves me." I said and he laughed as he sat the cups on the table.

"You're gonna love my gift." He said randomly as he stopped beside me and kissed my cheek.

"Back at you."

"Mine is better."

"No."

"Yes."

I stuck my tongue out at him and he made a face as we finished setting everything out. Everyone was crazy if they thought their taunting of me and Garrett was going to make me leave him alone. He was one of my best friends and I knew neither of us felt anything so it wouldn't be fair and I'd fight to the death.

I reserved my seat next to Kennedy who was talking to the guys and I wrapped my arms around his torso causing him to look at me.

"Hi."

"Hey." He whispered and I leaned up kissing him softly.

"I love you, you know?" I said and he grinned, "I know and I love you too."

"Ok. Just making sure."

He chuckled, "No need. I was kidding you know? You and Garrett are fine."

"Oh I know."

He rolled his eyes and kissed my nose, "Just remember you're mine not his."

"Something tells me I will."

"Good." He whispered kissing me once more.

"Finally!" Pat yelled and I looked over to see Kara walking in, "Sorry! Jeez."

"Can we open gifts?!" Pat asked like a child.

"Yes!" Kara said excitedly. No wonder they work well together.

"Gar, what did you get Cass?" She asked holding up the poorly wrapped present and he smiled with a shrug.

"Gare." I said looking at him and he smiled, "Cass."

"I love you." I said tackling him into a hug.

He groaned and wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you too, Cass. But why are you telling me this?"

"Because, I know what you got me for Christmas."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

He laughed and I kissed his cheek repeatedly.

"Kennedy! Get your girlfriend off me! I'm being taken advantage of."

"In the best way." John stated.

"Settle down." Kennedy said chuckling as he pulled me from Garrett who sat up adjusting his hat.

"Basically Gar, if Kennedy wasn't in the picture you'd get lucky tonight. Sucks for you." John added.

"Oh yeah." I said wiggling my eyebrows at Garrett causing everyone to laugh.

I could see Garrett swallow from here, "Funny."

"Even on Christmas John Oh talks about sex." Kara said and John shrugged, "I'm a man. It's in my blood to do so."

"What's their excuse then?" She asked and he grinned, "They all are a bit femine besides Jared who isn- here because he's probably getting laid."

Thankfully my mom interrupted this messed up conversation saying dinner was ready and the boys quickly shut up at the mention of food. I swear, there hadn't been a christmas without all of these guys in forever which was just sad, but I had grown to love it. At least Kara was here now.

"Cassie...Cass...hello!" I heard which brought me enough back to life to look at whoever called my name.

"Huh?" I asked looking over at Pat who was sitting next to my dad who was laughing at me now, "Typical Cass."

"Oh shush." Mom said swatting at him.

"What were you thinking about?" Pat snickered.

"Nothing really. Just that do you realize we haven't celebrated Christmas without these guys in forever?"

He laughed, "Especially Garrett."

"Can't get rid of that kid." I joked.

"I'd like to take credit for this tradition." Garrett spoke and I laughed, "Well, I guess it is yours to take."

"It is!" He said with a mouthful and I laughed at him.

After eating we decided to open gifts. Pat probably wouldn't have waited any longer.

"Everyone, I just want to say I have the best sister in the world." Pat said standing in the middle of wrapping paper where he had ripped it all apart.

"Be jealous." He said tackling me into a hug causing me to laugh.

"It's just some drum thing..."

"I know, but I didn't think you'd remember." He said kissing my forehead and I made a face at him as he climbed off me.

"Idiot." Tim grumbled causing me to laugh.

"Ok, ok. Enough. Open mine." Garrett said placing the gift carefully in my lap.

"I know what this is." I said and he rolled his eyes, "Maybe, but not all of it."

I smiled and carefully unwrapped the vinyl record which belonged to Mayday Parade.

"Garrett!" I said realizing it was signed and had a small message on it.

He laughed at my excitement and I jumped on him instantly.

"Oh yeah. Who's awesome?" He said holding me to him.

"You are freakin' awesome." I said cupping his face as he laughed.

"I seriously love you. Like legit, real love."

"It really isn't that great."

"What?! Yes it is!"

"Fine. It is." He said with a smile as he shugged.

I kissed his cheek and removed my arms from him.

"Mom, can we exchange Pat for Garrett?"

"Hey!" Pat yelled and I laughed as I sat back on the couch. Kennedy had been quiet almost the whole time. Well, more quiet than usual and it worried me a bit.

Evryone was talking and exchanging gifts so I scooted closer to Kennedy.

"You ok?" I asked softly as he fiddled with the wrapping paper on one of the gifts he had yet to open.

"Oh yeah."

I kissed his jaw and he looked at me.

"Ken..."

"Cass..." he said with a grin.

I sighed and he kissed me, "What?" He asked bringing his hand to my face.

"You're quiet."

He chuckled, "So?"

"So, yes, you are a quiet person but not around them."

"I'm fine."

I made a serious face at him and he chuckled, "Baby, I'm fine. I promise."

"Fineee."

"I just fucking died!" Garrett shouted and my mom gave him a look causing his eyes to widen, "Sorry Mrs. Kirch, family, friends, god. Etc."

I couldn't help but go into a fit of giggles at his reply.

"Cass, how the hell did you get this?" He asked holding up the Ryan Adams cd I had to go through hell and back to find because not many were released.

"I have my ways."

"I literally would marry you right now." He said so serious that I laughed, "It's ok Gar. Just take the cd."

He smiled widely and tackled me into a hug, "I love you, Cassidy." He said basically on top of me on the couch.

"I love you too." I chuckled and he kissed my forehead. He was insane. I loved it.

"Seriously. You don't understand." He said and my parents laughed as they began picking the wrapping paper up and walking to the kitchen.

"Basically, you just gave him a boner from a cd." John stated.

"Basically!" Garrett said throwing his hands up as he still sat on top of me. He looked down at me with a smile, "You're like the best not even my real girlfriend I've ever had."

"Awe. Thanks. I think." I said through my laughter as he got off of me with a smile.

The night seemed to fly bye and Kennedy and I said goodbye to everyone before finally heading home around 10. He had been quiet the whole time and I knew once we were alone I'd ask him again, but something told me it wasn't going to be good whatever it was...
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a bit long, just didn't know where to end it! :3

Um, yeah. I'm about to start two new stories so if you interested, subscribe!

Oliver Sykes - Take Control

Josh Franceschi - Wildflowers